ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rush Guitar Player Pulls a Nolte (nsc) Return to archive
01-05-04 03:05 AM
UGot2Rollme The lead guitarist of platinum-selling Canadian rockers Rush is facing criminal charges after a New Year's Eve brawl - which ended with him being overpowered by a police stun gun.

Alex Lifeson, real name Alex Zivojinovich, was arrested for what Florida police called "drunken, violent behavior" at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in the town of Naples. Deputies said they used a stun gun on the 50-year-old "Power Windows" star. He now faces charges including aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer, resisting an officer with violence, and disorderly intoxication.

Lifeson's 33-year-old son Justin Zivojinovich and wife Michelle Zivojinovich, 30, were also arrested.

But Justin claims his father, who was still in jail Thursday night, had his nose broken by rough cops.

He also denies his father threw a female deputy down the stairs, saying she fell as she pushed Lifeson down the stairwell.

The scuffle began when Justin Zivojinovich refused to leave the stage at a New Year party in the hotel, according to the arrest report.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004

01-05-04 08:13 AM
J.J.Flash I saw this news saturday.....the first time I saw it, I thought he was arrested due to drugs....
Is that true that Alex pushed a cop?
01-05-04 09:07 AM
UGot2Rollme "Drinking Man" (sung to tune of Rush�s Working Man)

I got up at seven, yeah
New Year�s eve - I start to drink at nine
I got no time for party hats,
Yes, I'm drinking ' all the time

[Chorus:]
It seems to me
that the cops are wimps
for using a stun gun
I guess that's why they call me
They call me the drinking man

They call me the drinking man
I guess that's what I am

Out of jail at five o'clock
And I then I take myself out a nice, cold beer
Already seem to be thinkin'
How much I�ll drink next New Year�s

[Chorus]

Well, they call me the drinking man
I guess that's what I am
01-05-04 08:02 PM
J.J.Flash "Working Man", one of the greatest Rock'n'Roll classics of all time. "Working Man" from their debut album.