ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's happened to RO?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
01-04-04 12:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I kinda liked Boomer too. Too bad to see him go.

But honestly, if you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the furnace.

He's been around long enough to know that if you post what you know will be an unpopular opinion....you are gonna get slammed. If you can't take some shit and defend your stance, then too fuckin' bad. You shoulda kept your mouth shut.

Why anyone should care about what strangers on the internet think of them is just silly.

Recently, Mickmask lit into me and said some nasty stuff about me. SO WHAT??? I don't give a fuck about Mickmask or what they think about me. Holy shit, someone rips into me almost daily....IT MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

People come, people go. Life goes on.

Yeah. But sometimes some posters are TOO hard on new people or the more sensitive types. But then again, This IS a Rolling Stones site.
01-04-04 01:37 PM
Factory Girl Don't leave Boomy boy!!!

Who is Mickmask???
01-04-04 01:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot So....we just let them blather on with their verbal shits? Give the newbies free reign to clog up the works?

It's just like anything else, you gotta start at the bottom and work your way up. Not fair? Life ain't fair, get used to it.
01-04-04 01:51 PM
LadyJane Hey Stonesy...you doin the infamous year end RO awards this year???

Now THAT will cause this place to stir!!!

LJ.
01-04-04 01:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, I gotta get offa my ass and work something up.

L8r this week. I gotta do some thinkin' on this.
01-04-04 02:11 PM
LadyJane Oh goody!! May I be so humble as to make a few suggestions of categories??:

Best review of a Stones Show

Best poster of photos from Licks Shows

Best argument/catfight

Best chemistry...two winners of course

Rookie of the Year

Biggest lush

Best thread

I missed out last year, newbie that I was, but I remember some of the other categories were MVP, funniest poster, smartest poster, nuttiest poster, etc. And as a newbie, I learned a lot about this group of psychos. But this year, I'm ready to VOTE!!!

Keep in mind...everyone is SO SENSITIVE these days...got to keep it "light".

LJ.

01-04-04 02:43 PM
mickmask Hey Stonesalot-- Luv ya too!! Nice to know you're still thinking about me! You're right though... we all have our days... and are entitled to our opinions. What better place than here to have your say.. at least you'll get a reasonably intelligent conversation.. whether it be for or against you. I'm not going anywhere. (now don't get emotional!)
01-04-04 03:04 PM
Lambchop Would anyone like a fisting from a lovely doe eyed puppet? I haven't showered after a theraputic enema session and tarot card reading/seance with Joey and Max last night. You should have seen them. They took me to their shrine devoted to the late Oliver Reed and the newly late Alan Bates. Reenacted the original nude fireplace wrestling match (not the C10 one since that was between SS and SDH). I taped it with a night vision spy cam. Joey's eyes in particular have a preternatural glow to them that is at once lurid and menacing, yet strangely erotic in a "this guy is such a putz and I can't believe I'm so wasted and or desperate that I'm....I'm".....I'm currently in negotiations with the folks who brought you the Paris Hilton video.

Hey gypsy - a certain friend of mine finally checked their PM - oh my! Dare I go over there?

Nice to see so many people aren't taking this board too seriously!!!!! What did Boomy do?
01-04-04 05:39 PM
Joey " enema session and tarot card reading/seance with Joey and Max last night. You should have seen them. They took me to their shrine devoted to the late Oliver Reed and the newly late Alan Bates. "

Lamby .........................

Why drop names ?!?!?! Especially douche Maxy . I like him about as much as I like Don Henley .

Speaking of which , If I ever saw Don Henley prancing around Walden Pond I'd push him in.

I would .

Friggin Hippie living , rich man hating , bell bottom brain having , " Oh , I'm so much more virtuous than you " believing , commie cuddling , Ben and Jerry's slurping , Granola Crunching , rain forest tribe hugging , inexplicable afro in the 1970's sporting , Boys of Summer Fondling , VW Van with Peace Stickers all over piloting , " Save the Planet " shrieking , Lenin's preserved corpse caressing , At first sight of Bill Clinton ejaculating , " If you ever come to San Francisco remember to put a flower in your hair " spewing , the world should conserve but my house probably uses more oil , gas and electric than all of you individuals on Rocks Off combined preaching idiot .

Don't get me started ..........................

Gypsy ......................tonight , let's make a book of records . I put a " Simon and Gayfunkel " boot in your underwear drawer this afternoon . Enjoy .

Oh , and please ..................Come to Joey !!!!!!!

Boomy , denying the White Logic and doing a fearless and searching moral inventory , huh ? Problem outing yourself in this way is you are gonna be eating your words this time next week and then feel even worse .

You are the only one who knows the score . All decisions are yours and yours only . Like whether to drink , whether to drive , or whether to do both together . Probs with some or all ?!?!?!

Thank You All for Your Time Today .

Time for Lambchop to Uncake me now .

Jackycake !
01-04-04 05:47 PM
Factory Girl Hey Stonesy, I'm thinking of something nice for ya also.

PS. whom ya caliing a newbie???
01-04-04 06:22 PM
gypsy Lamby, tell your friend it isn't worth the time. Not even for a good laugh. Damnit. Cuz I was so hoping things would escalate.

Joey, you rock. Thank you!

LJ, great idea! You know SS will come up with something outrageous.
01-04-04 11:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think the following facts affected

1.- Lack of news
2.- The slowest period of time has beed always the one between Christmas and New Year
3.- No change of header, the header gives a new look to the board every day, believe it or not if you come back and see the same look at the board (when we have changed it always) it makes yout think it remains the same
4.- Some x.s of posts from a few, that along with the lack of presence from the regulars make a different direction.

No big deal, I think everything is OK and tomorrow will be back to the action.

I do remember one year, I think it was 1999 when I left the same header from X-mas to NYE we had a thread from one of our very fine regulars saying something like, "very cute little girl up there but please change the header"

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
01-05-04 02:52 AM
Jumacfly hola cabrones!!
happy new year everybody, i m back at work this morning, soon i will connect at home it will be easier..
hey, got the blues during this xmas time??
well, today s gonna change i think we re all back hu??

cheers
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
01-05-04 09:41 AM
LadyJane
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

No big deal, I think everything is OK and tomorrow will be back to the action.

I think you are right, Voodoo!! Everything is going to be okay!!

LJ.
01-05-04 09:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It's just like anything else, you gotta start at the bottom and work your way up. Not fair? Life ain't fair, get used to it.

Yeah. I almost forgot, there is a sort of hazing ritual one has to go through.
01-05-04 10:11 AM
egon well, i'm finally back from wherever i was.

happy 2004 everyone!

now let's cut the crap and get this show on the road!
01-05-04 10:37 AM
telecaster I can't believe all of you had not noticed the trouble started all because 1 poster has not posted in the last week
or so

Yes, jb is the glue that binds us, holds us together, sothes our wounded egos, oils us up for girl on girl wrestling, bashes the Beatles and informs us about jewish
history and rituals

jb is a true renaissance man, Winston Churchill, Colin Powell all rolled up into one Stones loving ball of Stonesian joy

Besides, I don't know what you all are pissed about

I am the only RO member who has been stood up in person

01-05-04 10:41 AM
nankerphelge Who stood you up tele?
01-05-04 11:34 AM
Sleazy Hugh

Lambchop - I find your new signature INC-C-C-Redddddibly stimulat-t-t-ing!

01-05-04 11:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sleazy Hugh wrote:

Lambchop - I find your new signature INC-C-C-Redddddibly stimulat-t-t-ing!

Well, I guess it all depends on whether or not one gets a kick out of that sort of thing.
01-05-04 12:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So....we just let them blather on with their verbal shits? Give the newbies free reign to clog up the works?

That's not the right way to look at it. Newbies don't usually clog up the works anyway. Maybe they don't understand the etiqutte but it's usually the "oldbies" who go too far. But you're right, there is sort of a "pecking order" that has developed over the years on the Stones boards. I suppose it does have a certain legitamcy too. I'm not denying that. Unfortunately sometimes people get hurt for no real reason. Granted they may be "thinned skinned" but thats not a crime either. Anyway I'm mother-babbling again. Life goes on....as does the records.
01-05-04 12:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot There IS a peculiar brand of "nettiquette" used here. I find that when new people have lurked here for a while before posting, they tend to get assimilated into the group quickly. It is simply because they know how we talk, they recognize the different characters, and they don't make many faux pas. In other words, they understand the rules of our game.

I think the people who jump in here feet first from a different board are the ones who have the hardest time finding a spot to fit in. They just assume that we are just like any other board. In some ways we certainly are, but in many other ways we are a very different bunch. In fact, I think we are a very receptive crowd. We don't like spammers much. We don't seem to care for self-righteous nutjobs either. And we already have our allotement of shit stirers filled, so we don't really have a need for any more.

Look, it's not up to us to find a spot for people...it's up to THEM to find their spot with us. If they can't do it, then that is THEIR problem. It ain't hard, you know? I mean, come on. All you gotta do is remove the stick out of your ass and you're pretty much a shoo-in!

So if they CAN'T or WON'T remove the stick from their ass....why would the rest of us want them hanging around?
01-05-04 12:43 PM
KeithRichards210 I think SS's ass-stick removal program is a good idea. I know I came in here like a bull in a china shop, partly because I'm used to my site, and partly because of a couple of people that simply hit me the wrong way. But it simply ain't worth the fuckin' aggravation, and there's no need to piss off everyone else over it. With that said, I'm just gonna go with the flow...
01-05-04 01:59 PM
SHINE A LIGHT well said kr210.....just go with the flow.

ps. YOU ...a bull in the china shop, no way!!
01-05-04 03:29 PM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Who stood you up tele?

um...I think that would be me

(...and I owe him, BIG TIME!)

01-05-04 04:44 PM
Lambchop
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, I guess it all depends on whether or not one gets a kick out of that sort of thing.

I know from many many secret sources that you are getting a kick out of that sort of thing RIGHT now...

Alan Bates told me during a seance last night, that the reason Joey likes to uncake with HRH Shit Stirrer, is that he can co mingle his squalid, malnourished, dried out dingleberries with those of one Mr. Maxlugar - who always decakes first. You put two and two together. Don't say Lamby didn't warn you...

Gypsy - PM me the url - I have no idea where that little bit of cyberpsychosis resides.
01-05-04 04:46 PM
Lambchop Hi Sleazy Hugh!!!!
01-05-04 04:50 PM
Joey " Alan Bates told me during a seance last night, that ..."

Lamby ........................w- w- w- w- who is Alan Bates ?!?!?!

Was he a friend of Bobby Kennedy ?!?!?!

Makes no nevermind , I still want to beat the stuffing out of that little Avatar of yours ..............................it looks so .......................so ........................so damn Helpless !

Developing ................................

Decaking ....................................

" Chiefs Rule Ronnie "

Jackycake !

01-05-04 04:52 PM
Lambchop absorb absorb the genius of your mentor!
01-05-04 04:53 PM
Lambchop I am mearly a poop muse...
Page: 1 2 3 4