ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's happened to RO?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
01-03-04 03:26 PM
LadyJane What the Hell is going on around here?? What has happened to my favorite playground?

It seems we have been overrun with negativity, personal attacks and...well....goddamn boredom!!

Everybody got a bad case of the Blues or what??? Am I the only one who has noticed this??

Let's lighten up people!!

LJ.
01-03-04 03:53 PM
gypsy I've noticed that too, LJ. I believe it is because most of the regulars are probably on vacation due to the holidays.
When I came back from vacation, I read the board and didn't feel like posting anything. And, I read something where someone posted about this being "your board?!" I was annoyed by said post...it didn't deserve a response.
Lady Jane, you are and always have been one of the nicest people on RO...you are such a sweetheart.
Maybe it will return to normal by Monday?
[Edited by gypsy]
01-03-04 03:55 PM
marko Boredom?Should i get a,perfect tree for you to wonder?I have
LOTS of ideas.
01-03-04 04:11 PM
glencar There is boredom, sure. People seem to be taking offense at silly jokes that weren't even about them. But...life goes on. As long as the boobirds (old & new) allow us to react in anger, they'll "win" if that's what they're trying to do.
01-03-04 05:26 PM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, LJ there seems to be a great deal of bitchin' going on. but people should do as i've done......hang in there and ,given time, the "regulars" actually open the doors. i'm taking it all as it comes. i'm also not forgetting that the "regulars" need to get used to new people.....it's just a matter of time.

ps. just noticed that someone has been offended by my calling this YOUR BOARD (to LJ)......well, LJ has kindly offered to make peace, so may i humbly suggest that we leave the past in the past??????
[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
01-03-04 05:36 PM
Joey " I've noticed that too, LJ. I believe it is because most of the regulars are probably on vacation due to the holidays. "

Personally Gyps . , I feel that your said disconnect is due to the c- c- c- c- creepy postings of that " Sleazy Hugh " fellow and his ' partner - in - crime ' " Lambchop "

By the way , is it just me or does Lampchop's avatar beg to have the stuffing beaten out of it continuously ( after he UNCAKES of course ) ???????

Developing ..................................

Uncaking ....................................

JACKY CAKE !
01-03-04 06:09 PM
glencar SAL, you've come a long way but your punctauation & grammar are still weak. Please work on same.
01-03-04 06:20 PM
SHINE A LIGHT thanks so much for the tips, glencar oh great master of all. trouble is, i never got outta hi skooll..

your comment though regarding my having come a long way DOES indicate a degree of judgement among the good ole "regulars".
01-03-04 06:23 PM
glencar Caps button broken, Shiny Light?
01-03-04 06:26 PM
SHINE A LIGHT nope, never use 'em......spend enough precious time marking essays, correcting grammar, etc. as LJ says, this is supposed to be a playground!!!!!!

[Edited by SHINE A LIGHT]
01-03-04 06:35 PM
glencar A playground it is...
01-03-04 07:18 PM
Child of the Moon You want fun, eh? That's it, everyone over to my house. It's my last night at home before I drive back to school, so you're all invited over for vodkas and Snapples! I've got the MSG '03 show on TV right now, so hurry the hell on over!

01-03-04 07:28 PM
luxury1 I'm bored.
And miserable.
And in need of a release.
01-03-04 07:30 PM
gypsy Yes, SAL, I thought that your posts were very rude to LJ; but then I considered the source.

Hello, my precious Joey! I've missed your gifts in my underwear drawer. Oh, please do stop by tonight with a present or two.
01-03-04 08:04 PM
Boomy Alright, fine.

I know this thread was started because of the fact that I said things that most do not care to read. The fact is, to me, it's all true and no one can change my mind about it.

But if I can't say anything slightly negative, then I'm not going to be apart of the board anymore.

The stuff about "Bitch" was truly all in jest. It was all a play, just kidding around. But this is serious; I will not be a part of this and be told to kiss the Stones ass.

I was really looking forward to meeting people from this board sometime in the future, but it most likely won't happen. I'm thru..I can't just be a giddy fan all of the time. Apparantly, if you don't always have something good to say here, it's not very popular.

I'll continue to listen to my Stones records and boots. I'll even go to a show. I still like the band, but if it's going to continue to be like this, I'm not going to be a part of it.

Thanks to Gazza, Voodoo, and Jaxx for taking my crap. Good luck to all and I wish you the best. It was a good "close to" 2 years being here.

Later,

Bryan
01-03-04 08:10 PM
LadyJane Boomy....I DID NOT start this thread because of you!!

Most certainly not!!

Negativity is part of freedom of speech and you are most deserving of your opinions, positive or not.

My point was the Board seems to have become rather serious of late and I miss the joking. That's all.

Now don't pull a Steelie!!

You know we all love you!!!!

LJ.
01-03-04 08:17 PM
SHINE A LIGHT LJ, thanks for the olive branch, but i'm gone too. the regulars are very upset, and we can't have that!!! all the best to you, LJ.
01-03-04 08:23 PM
glencar Boomy, I'm glad you were joking. Take a break & please return. You're a valued poster & I was mad at myself when I thought I did you wrong.

Shiny Light, see ya!
01-03-04 09:36 PM
beer boomy, don't leave.

What do you mean ya can't say anything negative about the Stones here? I think it's a good thing when hardcore fans(or whatever ya wanna call 'em) rip into the band for a just reason. i think it's because the band has set such a high standard of the absolute best rock music, people(myself included) call bullshit on them when they do retarded stuff: like being taken over by sidemen, crap keyboard player, wimpy sound, lame guests,absent guitars, etc.

there shouldn't be incessant pandering to the band because some believe them to be gods or whatever.

say what you feel.
01-03-04 11:19 PM
BILL PERKS I TOO THINK THE BOARD HAS GROWN STALE,WITH NUMEROUS IDIOTIC POSTS AND POSTERS.MANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS BOARD INTERESTING WHEN I FOUND IT HAVE MOVED ON.HAVING SAID THAT,I DO APPRECIATE HAVING THIS PLACE TO ESPOUSE.ONE CAN ONLY HOPE THINGS WILL IMPROVE.
01-03-04 11:36 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
glencar wrote:
There is boredom, sure. People seem to be taking offense at silly jokes that weren't even about them. But...life goes on. As long as the boobirds (old & new) allow us to react in anger, they'll "win" if that's what they're trying to do.

The irony. On a board being overrun by beta males, their self-elected kappa thinks its time to opine why its become boring.

"Why couldn't Al Gore have invented auto-gag, Ronnie?"
01-04-04 02:35 AM
Mr. D Yea, it's like everyone realized there wasn't much to talk about, so everyone basically got bored and started flaming wars.
01-04-04 03:07 AM
fmk438j
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
On a board being overrun by beta males

That's perfect.

"I'm a lambda male and proud, ronnie"
01-04-04 08:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man Please don't leave Boomy! I enjoy your posts and have enjoyed our chats in the chat room. You�re a young poster and you are one of the good ones.

Truth is, I too have got fed up and it is not humanly possible to please everyone all of time. So what if someone doesn't agree with your point of view. Everyone thinks differently and YOU ARE entitled to your own opinion.

Alex

01-04-04 09:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Please don't leave Boomy! I enjoy your posts and have enjoyed our chats in the chat room. You�re a young poster and you are one of the good ones.

Yeah...Boomy's Kool!!!! Always an enjoyable read for sure.
01-04-04 09:03 AM
Moonisup Bryan, don't leave Alex and me alone overe here!!
01-04-04 10:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Where's Jaxx? She'd straighen things out. She always had a good way of putting things in perspective. And Lady Jane...Lighten Up!!!!
01-04-04 10:32 AM
LadyJane

LJ.

I feel bad that Boomy thinks I started this thread because of him. I didn't, and want him to come back!!!
01-04-04 12:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I feel bad that Boomy thinks I started this thread because of him. I didn't, and want him to come back!!!

Well he's a good guy/poster. But I'm not sure whether he's a real Stones fan or not. I mean he doesn't like Bitch.
01-04-04 12:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot I kinda liked Boomer too. Too bad to see him go.

But honestly, if you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the furnace.

He's been around long enough to know that if you post what you know will be an unpopular opinion....you are gonna get slammed. If you can't take some shit and defend your stance, then too fuckin' bad. You shoulda kept your mouth shut.

Why anyone should care about what strangers on the internet think of them is just silly.

Recently, Mickmask lit into me and said some nasty stuff about me. SO WHAT??? I don't give a fuck about Mickmask or what they think about me. Holy shit, someone rips into me almost daily....IT MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

People come, people go. Life goes on.
Page: 1 2 3 4