ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones make CNET... Return to archive
01-02-04 09:55 PM
mac_daddy on a list of 5 must-own SACDs...

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6462_7-5102231-2.html

The Beggars'reissue is a must have - it is nice to see it getting some props!

I am not sure I would call "Blood on the Tracks" one of Bob's later works, but I am also nitpicking...
01-02-04 10:02 PM
mac_daddy oh - and I would just like to add...

imho

the Stones did the RIGHT thing releasing the reissues in STEREO, not doing the 5.1 remastering/reimagining crap...

http://www.tnt-audio.com/topics/realstereo_e.html

01-03-04 09:49 AM
Lazy Bones Also nice to see Dylan's Blood On The Tracks in that list, too.
01-03-04 10:13 AM
SHINE A LIGHT if memory serves, we can find a list of all the reissues on rs.com
01-03-04 10:25 AM
mac_daddy I hope egon finds this thread - he was hot on this topic a few days back...

I've said it before, the Stones did an exceptional job with the timing, format, breadth and quality of their reissues...

I just hope the catalog from Sicky Fingers onwards gets the same treatment, and I am kinda curious as to why it hasn't yet. Maybe they will roll those out prior to a 2004 North American tour - yeah baby!!!!
01-03-04 12:33 PM
glencar What about the Virgin re-releases from 1997? They're not SACD but aren't they pretty good?
01-03-04 12:37 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
What about the Virgin re-releases from 1997? They're not SACD but aren't they pretty good?

answer:
quote:
They're not SACD

01-03-04 01:15 PM
marko That Beggars SACD version,is the best thing done for human
kind,in history of making cd�s.
01-03-04 01:16 PM
glencar It does rocketh indeed...
01-05-04 11:31 AM
egon
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
I hope egon finds this thread - he was hot on this topic a few days back...

egon just found it. (and is still feeling a bit hot)
01-05-04 12:45 PM
mac_daddy you might want to consider an SACD player that you ca modify - alot of bang for the buck there (but it will be a SACD only player). They sure do sound good, though...