ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A book about Stu Return to archive
11-17-03 02:07 PM
Sue Check this new book about Stu with contribution by the Rolling Stones and many more http://www.out-take.co.uk/stu/stu.php
11-17-03 02:12 PM
Sue I can't believe the price, must be a mistake as it is @ �570
11-17-03 10:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The price is ok as it includes a Ronnie Wood print!

Will Nash sent me the following PDF file, open with your Acrobat Reader

STU PDF

Buy it, I think this is a real collector's item for hard core fans that appreciate the second stone
11-18-03 10:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well done!! Great!

...when you get it, please shine a light on us!
11-18-03 11:14 PM
BILL PERKS GREAT WEB SITE DEVOTED TO BOOK,I ONLY HOPE I CAN GRAB A COPY AT A REASONABLE PRICE ALONG THE WAY.
11-18-03 11:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We have a website dedicated to Stu, now I have a lot of additional material so soon we'll have a great update

http://www.rocksoff.org/ian.htm

11-19-03 11:16 PM
BILL PERKS TTM-WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT?
12-02-03 12:08 PM
glencar 570 pounds? That's even more in $ but maybe Joshy will buy us copies.
12-03-03 10:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Remember that the book includes a limited edition of prints made by Woody
12-03-03 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Screenprinted in twelve colours.
Edition size: 950 signed and numbered in pencil.
Paper size: 30cm x 23cm.
Image size: 24.2cmx19cm
Printed on Somerset TP 300gsm paper by Bernard Pratt, Pratt Studios, England, 2002.
Enclosed in a hard cover portfolio, which fits in the slipcase alongside the book.
12-04-03 09:01 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
TTM-WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKIN ABOUT?

Good Question. It wasn't articulated very well. Anyway I'm glad the book's out.
12-06-03 11:55 PM
Steel Wheels As much as I love Stu, this book is really expensive for a musician that very little recorded music is available for.

When's a nice jazzy type of recording coming? I'd rather have that.
12-12-03 12:09 PM
Tom Anybody with the book yet? I would love to read fans' reviews
12-17-03 02:39 PM
riccardo Yes,I got the book Stu today.It is wonderful,very heavy with amazing photographs (I remember one with Brian and J.Page that shows him how to play guitar with a bow,and another circa 1969 with all the Stones rehearsing and Stu playing bass instead of Bill!).Like I said it is a wondeful project (no talk about price please,I just want to forget about it),over 420 pages,great interviews but of course I still have to read it.Mine was number 428 out of 900 so I guess they sold almost half of the copies done.
12-17-03 10:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Congratulations Riccardo! You have a real collector's item. How lonmg did it take since you ordered it?
12-18-03 01:38 AM
riccardo Thanks, I ordered on Friday (12th of December!)and got it yesterday,so just 5 days over Christmas time from UK to Italy.Nice job.
12-22-03 04:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Stu rocks--- well rocked

This is just to put this message on top until the whole production flies
12-23-03 06:55 PM
gypsy Thanks for the book review! Don't regret the price for a second. I love every Stones collectible I have...so enjoy yours!
12-24-03 10:52 PM
beer
quote:
riccardo wrote:
Yes,I got the book Stu today.It is wonderful,very heavy with amazing photographs (I remember one with Brian and J.Page that shows him how to play guitar with a bow,and another circa 1969 with all the Stones rehearsing and Stu playing bass instead of Bill!)

i would love to see those pictures.
12-27-03 12:24 PM
moy me too
01-03-04 10:18 PM
beer riccardo, do you have any way of posting those pics? it would be much appreciated!