ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1962, 2007 Someone there!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC) This Week's Music Purchases Return to archive
5th January 2007 02:13 PM
Dan I finally got Muse "Black Holes And Revelations." Incredible CD, I think I will get the others soon.

Sunday I stumbled across Testament's "Signs Of Chaos: The Best Of Testament." It was only $4.99 so I picked it up to have easy to access to a few of my favorite songs that are buried away on the cassettes I bought 1989-1990. So far so good. Can't say I like them enough to buy every release all over again but I am happy to get to hear "The Ballad," "Trial By Fire," "The New Order," and "Practice What You Preach" again and most of the other songs are pretty good. Actually the only bad song so far is the gut wrenching "Souls Of Black." Listened to about ten times already though now I am just skipping through to whatever I feel like hearing at the time.

Been on a major music DVD buying binge:

ALICE COOPER LIVE IN MONTREAUX 2005

Popped in and with the first notes of "Department Of Youth" I cranked it up a bit louder than I usually listen to things. Didn't make it too far as I kept hitting back and ended up listening to that song about 8 times before I decided to head to the post office and check the mail. Against my better judgement I went around the corner to check out what was new at Backside Records, where for only $9.99 I picked up

THE CURE "FESTIVAL 2005"

Don't listen TO them much, it's mood music for me but with the rain and a bit of residual holiday melancholy, I was definitely in the mood. Watched the whole thing. It looks like it's a single concert but it was taken from several performances across Europe and Turkey and has 30 songs running at about 155 minutes. There are stage cams, pit cams, video screen cams and even fan cams. Some camera effects and stuff. Great sound, I really enjoyed the whole thing as well as the song selection. And unlike the 2004 show I saw from a distance and in low lighting conditions I could actually see the band. Porl Thompson is back. Possibly the only song I would have added is "Want" and maybe the odd cover they threw in at previous years festivals (I have a boot CD where they play Thin Lizzy's "Don't Believe A Word."

THE PIXIES SELL OUT

It has a complete concert from Belfort, France which I already had as the whole thing was apparently broadcast on local television. Good to have it in NTSC I guess. Watched some of that but skipped to the 15 bonus tracks from various other gigs including interesting commentary from the road manager and some other people.

THE WHO HOLLYWOOD BOWL Nov 4 & 5 2006

Finally ordered them last week and recieved today. Watched some of Nov 5 as I already had a boot copy of it (Wanted the silvers though), nice camerawork and sound and I am totally down with the concept because as far as concert souveniers go I don't really need any more T Shirts. Looking forward to watching Nov 4 because I was just a little bit more inebriated than usual. Wasn't even planning on that particular gig but somehow made it there at the last minute anyway but it will be nice to see it in a more coherent state of mind.

As usual boots are trickling in, most remarkable is finally some long sought after video footage of Ethyl Meatplow. Scored 2 DVDs, a master sourced crowd cam from the front row of a club in Philly and something off the in-house system at Gazarri's! I know there is at least one more out there from Al's Bar that a friend claims to have seen on a tape list about ten years ago so hopefully it will turn up soon.

With any luck there will be more coming in next week as I am still binging on Ebay.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)