ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1962, 2007 Someone there!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fool To Cry Return to archive
2nd January 2007 06:06 AM
Daethgod just d/l the lead guitar version of Fool To Cry from

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/223626/Fool_To_Cry.mp3

who is playing lead ?
it freaking rocks.

Recorded in December, 1974. Released as US Single in April, 1976. Also released in '76 on the album Black & Blue.
Vocals: Mick Jagger Guitars Wayne Perkins & Keith Richards Bass: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Electric Piano: Mick Jagger & Nicky Hopkins String Synthesizer: Nicky Hopkins

2nd January 2007 07:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man Ah, Fool To Cry. It made the top ten on both sides of the Atlantic, but it seems to be pretty much forgotten. When was the last time they played it live? Bridges To Babylon? I quite like it, but I must admit to not remembering the last time I heard it.
2nd January 2007 08:04 AM
Erik_Snow The Static In The Attic version - I presume that's the uploaded song, I didn't download - is far better than the official version, and yes, it's the guitar solo that's the most important factor, along with Jagger and the terrific mix.
2nd January 2007 05:31 PM
Soldatti FTC is a good song but it doesn't work live, Memory Motel did take its place.
2nd January 2007 05:36 PM
marko Fool to cry was Ex on 75 tour,just listen that wah wah solo
ronnie did!
Last time they did play that one,was probaply Pittsburgh
2nd January 2007 05:37 PM
marko i meant 76 tour,not 75........
2nd January 2007 05:52 PM
Erik_Snow Keith did the solo in 76, I think.
2nd January 2007 06:21 PM
mrhipfl Keith with a wah wah? I always figured he stayed away from guitar pedals.
2nd January 2007 06:29 PM
Taptrick
Is Krith on wha on Fingerprint File?
2nd January 2007 06:29 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
who is playing lead ?
it freaking rocks.

wayne perkins
2nd January 2007 06:30 PM
Erik_Snow One can see it on the Paris 76 broadcast,
I think he was a little bored before his solo part came.
2nd January 2007 06:37 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
When was the last time they played it live?

16 March 1999, Philly...?
2nd January 2007 09:02 PM
CraigP Sounds like 70's pop fairy crap. It is so dragged out and boring. That is the worst 70's sounding guitar/keyboard effect that they have ever used and makes me wanna hurl.

Much unlike Shattered.
3rd January 2007 08:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man People talked about Angie being a real departure from their usual sound at the time, but I reckon Fool To Cry was probably more removed. Though, you could just make the point that the boys are very good at delving into different kinds of sounds and song types. I think that’s more accurate.
3rd January 2007 09:05 AM
Taptrick
It's interesting when someone is not able to appreciate the qualities in a Stone's song. I am glad I share similar taste as my favorite band so I am able to enjoy them in a broader less restricted scope. I love Fool To Cry. Excellent falsetto with a perfect 70s pop camp attitude. Really good example of Mick utilizing his voice on different levels on simultaneous tracks.

3rd January 2007 09:42 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

It's interesting when someone is not able to appreciate the qualities in a Stone's song. I am glad I share similar taste as my favorite band so I am able to enjoy them in a broader less restricted scope. I love Fool To Cry. Excellent falsetto with a perfect 70s pop camp attitude. Really good example of Mick utilizing his voice on different levels on simultaneous tracks.

Nice! I like it too.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)