ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1962, 2007 Someone there!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB name your top 6 songs from the CD Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
18th December 2006 01:09 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL...I hope you're not trying to suggest that that pile of crap about 'yellow/jello' and 'staring down your tits' is an attempt at irony thats gone over all of the heads of those wannabee critics amongst us?

That's what I'm hoping for! I don't think it's quite as bad as "sharks will cry" but yes, it's close.
18th December 2006 01:36 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's what I'm hoping for! I don't think it's quite as bad as "sharks will cry" but yes, it's close.

"Where the boys go" was their last good song.
18th December 2006 01:46 PM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?
19th December 2006 01:14 AM
Egbert
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't understand this love for VL. Boring as shit & bad lyrics a-plenty. I'd even take Satanic Majesties over taht crap.

Keep on keepin' it real, GC.
19th December 2006 07:25 AM
glencar Thanks man!
19th December 2006 06:02 PM
mrhipfl 2 things that should have been added to the album are some Chuck Berry influence and some horns. Even just a saxophone would have improved the album significantly.
19th December 2006 06:05 PM
glencar They get rid of the horns & now you miss them? There's no pleasing the fanbase.
19th December 2006 06:36 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
glencar wrote:
They get rid of the horns & now you miss them? There's no pleasing the fanbase.

I was never one to complain about horns. I love the horns in the stones songs, especially on studio-recorded songs. They are overused live, though. And like Lisa on back-up vocals, too.
20th December 2006 09:27 AM
JumpingKentFlash Easy:

1.- Rough Justice.
2.- Back Of My Hand.
3.- Oh No Not You Again.
4.- Rain Fall Down.
5.- This Place Is Empty.
6.- Driving Too Fast.

No contest.
Edit: Fuck, I forgot SOL.

1.- Rough Justice.
2.- Back Of My Hand.
3.- Oh No Not You Again.
4.- Rain Fall Down.
5.- This Place Is Empty.
6.- Streets Of Love.

That's right.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
20th December 2006 09:32 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

look what the cat dragged in!
20th December 2006 09:44 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
They get rid of the horns & now you miss them? There's no pleasing the fanbase.

I could live without those damned horns (with the exception of Bobby, of course) and the rest of the circus they've got going on up there. It'd be so nice to see them with just Bobby and maybe Lisa, Bernard and Blondie on backing vocals. It'd also be nice to see Ronnie and Keith handling some of the backing vocals, but I guess that's asking for too much...
20th December 2006 10:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

It'd also be nice to see Ronnie and Keith handling some of the backing vocals, but I guess that's asking for too much...

Jumpin Jack Flash circa us tour 81
20th December 2006 10:41 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Gotta keep current or you die.<

Oh I keeps current on da rocks and da rolls. I do a "Best of" every year. And those discs kick serious ass. They will hold you down, and purple nurple you until you squeal for ya mammy. True dat. Rock so vicious that it will rip your face off like a starvin' Puma. A Puma I say! But see, that's the thing...I like Rock n Roll. And ABB does not fit my idea of rock n roll...and it never will.

Where's the snarly attitude? Where is the piss and vinegar? Where's the songs about hot chicks, and drugs and drinkin, and fuckin & fightin? Where's the smarmy humor? Where's the paint peelin guitars? Where's the songs that make you wanna smash shit up and fuck the wife in the ass? Where's the damn songs that rip my face off like a damn starvin' Puma?!? I said PUMA again!!! Where are they man? Why aren't they on ABB where they should be? Where is the damn dangerous razor sharp edge that threatens ominously to disembowel me at any second? That's what I love most about The Stone's music...WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT SHIT GO????? I can't fucking hear it in there man...I WANNA FUCKIN' HEAR IT!!! But I can't hear what ain't there...and that is what frustrates me the most. That, and the Pumas.

I want it back in there damn it(not the Pumas though...I don't like Pumas). Someone should make that happen. Maybe we can hypnotize them back into giving a shit again. Or something.

>Rock & Roll is a young man's game.<

Not really. Neil has the last name Young, but he ain't young no more. Does not stop him from rockin' his ass off. Dylan may be Forever Young, but his body ain't. Shit, the man can't even strap a guitar on for concerts anymore. Don't stop him from rockin' either. Radio Birdman...old enough to be my dad(s)...and they will rock the teeth right outta yer skull. Iggy? Got an AARP card years ago. Yet he can tear your arms out of their sockets with his righteous rockin'. David Johansen and Syl Sylvain are so old that they fart dust. Yet their rock will peel yer scalp back. Buzzcocks...all came out of a retirement village...and rock so hard that their music will slice yer ears off with a buzzsaw. They blew two bands half their age off the stage, out the damn door, across the Delaware, and into Camden NJ. And THAT's where a wild Puma ripped their faces off like a damn starvin'....uh...Puma.

No. Chronological age has nothing to do with rock n roll. It's the age of the soul my man. But Puma's...man they got no soul at all. They just got deep endless black where them soul should be. Pumas...fuck 'em man, I hate 'em...I hate 'em real bad. Because they are Pumas, and they want to rip my face off. And I like my face...I'm, like, all handsome and stuff. But I won't be all handsome and stuff if a Puma rips off my face.

I would fuck up a Lynx though. Lynx's are pussies.

Holy shit. How did I miss this the other day? SS, that right there is some heavy-duty postin'...worthy of Creem in their heyday. Bra-fuckin'-vo, dude.
20th December 2006 10:56 AM
The Wick
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Ten years from now, when critics look back at the Stones body of work, ABB will be regarded as one of, if not the, worst album of their career.

No, that title is reserved for Bridges to Babylon.
20th December 2006 11:26 AM
glencar
quote:
The Wick wrote:

LOL No, the Worst is definitely VL.
20th December 2006 11:55 AM
The Wick
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Worst is definitely on VL.

Because I have a soft spot for Voodoo Lounge, I just edited your post a tad.
20th December 2006 11:56 AM
glencar Yes VL made many soft...
20th December 2006 08:17 PM
Navin
If pigs can fly and the truth will lie, why can't sharks cry?
20th December 2006 08:25 PM
Soldatti
quote:
The Wick wrote:

No way, about half of B2B is better than all ABB.
21st December 2006 12:44 AM
Bloozehound Hey look, no ones here to argue with you guys, ABB is a fabulous lil' pop record

no doubt...
21st December 2006 09:37 AM
Bitch
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Hey look, no ones here to argue with you guys, ABB is a fabulous lil' pop record

no doubt...

so Bloozehound why dont you post your top 6 from ABB? I'm waiting till all the votes are in to count em up!

Anyone else who hasnt responded yet, post your top 6 too! I'm making the new deadline Dec. 31st, OK? The thread should be fading to the back pages by then....but I think it should be interesting to collectively see which songs are most liked by the old die-hards here!
21st December 2006 10:54 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

No way, about half of B2B is better than all ABB.

I agree. I think B2B is their best effort since Tattoo You (including ABB)...although I like about half of Voodoo Lounge a lot too.

21st December 2006 12:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I have nothing to add to this thread, but I frickin love that song.
21st December 2006 12:31 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I have nothing to add to this thread, but I frickin love that song.

You re a great poster
21st December 2006 12:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

You re a great poster

thank you Juma! I shall start an ER thread in your honor
21st December 2006 01:39 PM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

look what the cat dragged in!

Maybe Jerry? (see Barbera thread)
[Edited by F505]
21st December 2006 01:40 PM
ListenToTheLion ?
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
21st December 2006 01:42 PM
Some Guy I am withdrawing from this thread.
21st December 2006 01:43 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I am withdrawing from this thread.

Why? Don't you like ER?
22nd December 2006 12:41 PM
Bitch
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I am withdrawing from this thread.

thats impossible since I just quoted you, now you're stuck here on this thread forever!

Cant you even find one song from ABB that you like a little bit? Whats wrong with Back of My Hand? Its straight blues, no bullshit. Or Rough Justice, thats straight rock and roll, great B stage materrial!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)