ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1962, 2007 Someone there!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB name your top 6 songs from the CD Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
11th December 2006 05:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Top 6 songs from ABB.....

Hmmmmmmm.

Wait, I know one! Oh, no, that's not on ABB.

Ohhhhhhhhh...I get it. This is a trick question, right? There are no top songs on ABB.

That was a good one Bitch. Had me goin' for a minute....
11th December 2006 05:53 PM
ComeAsYouAre The only song I listen to is, It Won't Take Long
11th December 2006 08:28 PM
Soldatti 1. It Won't Take Long
2. Laugh I Nearly Died
3. Dangerous Beauty
4. Rough Justice
5. Back Of My Hand

Not an easy question, much of the stuff is barely 5/10 or 6/10.
11th December 2006 09:22 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
1. It Won't Take Long
2. Laugh I Nearly Died
3. Dangerous Beauty
4. Rough Justice
5. Back Of My Hand

Not an easy question, much of the stuff is barely 5/10 or 6/10.

Man, Soldatti, you really cooled on the album. I still think what I thought in fall 2005 - that it's solid, or better, from the first track until "Laugh, I Nearly Died." Of those 12, I'd put the better half as: LIND, "Let Me Down Slow," "Oh No, Not You Again," "She Saw Me Coming," "This Place Is Empty," and "Rain Fall Down."
11th December 2006 09:40 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Man, Soldatti, you really cooled on the album. I still think what I thought in fall 2005 - that it's solid, or better, from the first track until "Laugh, I Nearly Died." Of those 12, I'd put the better half as: LIND, "Let Me Down Slow," "Oh No, Not You Again," "She Saw Me Coming," "This Place Is Empty," and "Rain Fall Down."

This album had the 'Steel Wheels' effect, I liked it during the first months but then went to the bottom, I didn't hear it since late August and I'm not planning to hearing it again this year.
11th December 2006 09:44 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

This album had the 'Steel Wheels' effect, I liked it during the first months but then went to the bottom, I didn't hear it since late August and I'm not planning to hearing it again this year.

That's kinda what happened to me with "Voodoo Lounge." B2B and ABB have held up pretty well, though.
11th December 2006 10:25 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Nice to see "Let Me Down Slow" on a lot of people's lists. I think it's one of those underrated songs that doesn't get much mention.

And yeah, ScottFree, though I agree with the sentiments expressed in "Sweet Neocon," I find it to be unlistenable as well.

And I applaud those few people who had the stones (so to speak) to include "Streets Of Love." Good on ya!

Some of us are brave indeed!
11th December 2006 10:26 PM
glencar
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

I shall play it tomorrow in honor of YOU!
11th December 2006 10:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Hurricane doesnt count. Besides, its not really a song as such.

Then again, it could be argued that neither is Sweet NeoCon

I love the beginning of Sweet Neocon but then it just sits there & peters out.
12th December 2006 12:14 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Some of us are brave indeed!

You know it, baby!
12th December 2006 12:24 AM
pdog does anyone have the wav files for Under The Radar and We Don't Wanna Go home? Email them to me please!
Send a PM to get my email if you can help me out...
gracias' in advance!
12th December 2006 12:28 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
does anyone have the wav files for Under The Radar and We Don't Wanna Go home? Email them to me please!
Send a PM to get my email if you can help me out...
gracias' in advance!

I only have 'em in MP3 format, pdog. Will that do?
12th December 2006 05:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

I like the way you think Baby Juma .

Can I buy you a drink ?!

at the Loving Cup only!!
12th December 2006 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

at the Loving Cup only!!

You make Joey smile.

Tonight , I drink a bottle of Kendall Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon Grand Reserve in YOUR honor .

Kins
12th December 2006 05:12 PM
Brian Jones Girl i don't have a top 6 list but i have a fav song from ABB... under the radar only cause it sounds like child of the moon!
12th December 2006 06:01 PM
Gazza If 'Under the radar' had a decent 'bridge' in it, it would have been a truly memorable song. That bit tends to let it down somewhat. Otherwise, its a little gem, with an excellent vocal performance by Mick
12th December 2006 08:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man 1 Biggest Mistake
2 Rain Fall Down
3 Laugh, I Nearly Died
4 Streets Of Love
5 Look What The Cat Dragged In
6 Oh No, Not You Again
12th December 2006 09:06 PM
fireontheplatter the whoooooole thang is good

rain fall down
sweet neo con
laugh
driving 2 fast
this place is empty

and

the second song what was that one called?
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
13th December 2006 05:36 AM
ziggypayne
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Oh No, Not You Again
Back Of My Hand
It Won't Take Long
Rough Justice
Infamy
14th December 2006 01:28 AM
glencar
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
the whoooooole thang is good

rain fall down
sweet neo con
laugh
driving 2 fast
this place is empty

and

the second song what was that one called?
[Edited by fireontheplatter]

Let Me Down Slow?
14th December 2006 04:43 AM
Ronnie Richards I still kinda like Rough Justice, and the two Keith songs...
but can there still be any doubt that ABB is the most dull, safe and un-rock'n'roll album the Stones have ever made?
No.
14th December 2006 05:16 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
I still kinda like Rough Justice, and the two Keith songs...
but can there still be any doubt that ABB is the most dull, safe and un-rock'n'roll album the Stones have ever made?
No.

agreed. It's uninspired for the most part. There are no memorable solos. The lyrics are bad. The riffs are nothing we haven't heard before. I still like it, though.
14th December 2006 11:08 AM
BILL PERKS A FANTASTIC RECORD,STILL 15 MONTHS LATER

ROUGH JUSTICE
DRIVIN TOO FAST
UNDER THE RADAR
DANGEROUS BEAUTY
IT WONT TAKE LONG
LIND

THE WHO & STONES BOTH DID THEMSELVES PROUD WITH THEIR RECORDS AND THOSE THAT CAN'T SEE IT ARE STUCK IN THE PAST.
IT AINT COMIN BACK!
14th December 2006 12:32 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
A FANTASTIC RECORD,STILL 15 MONTHS LATER

ROUGH JUSTICE
DRIVIN TOO FAST
UNDER THE RADAR
DANGEROUS BEAUTY
IT WONT TAKE LONG
LIND

THE WHO & STONES BOTH DID THEMSELVES PROUD WITH THEIR RECORDS AND THOSE THAT CAN'T SEE IT ARE STUCK IN THE PAST.
IT AINT COMIN BACK!

Perks ........................

You SHALL be greeted this spring
14th December 2006 01:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK then, I'm stuck in the past.

Why?

Because that's what I like.

I listened to ABB. I don't like it. I prefer to listen to something that I like. Simple enough.

I listen to lots of new music...but it's music that I like. I don't listen to music that I don't like...why would/should I?
14th December 2006 01:31 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
OK then, I'm stuck in the past.

Why?

Because that's what I like.

I listened to ABB. I don't like it. I prefer to listen to something that I like. Simple enough.

I listen to lots of new music...but it's music that I like. I don't listen to music that I don't like...why would/should I?

FAIR ENOUGH- I ONLY LIKE BLACK MUSIC FROM THE 70'S AND REFUSE TO LISTEN TO ANYTHING FROM TODAY'S ARTISTS-IF THAT'S WHAT ONE WOULD CALL THEM.
14th December 2006 01:32 PM
glencar Gotta keep current or you die.
14th December 2006 04:00 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

FAIR ENOUGH- I ONLY LIKE BLACK MUSIC FROM THE 70'S AND REFUSE TO LISTEN TO ANYTHING FROM TODAY'S ARTISTS-IF THAT'S WHAT ONE WOULD CALL THEM.

You refuse to listen to them, so ... um, how do you know you don't like them?
14th December 2006 04:27 PM
Saint Sway Ten years from now, when critics look back at the Stones body of work, ABB will be regarded as one of, if not the, worst album of their career.

No stand out single. No songs that charted. Truly not one memorable song on the record. This album will be forgotten. And if they make a 50 Licks, not one song will be included.
14th December 2006 05:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Ten years from now, when critics look back at the Stones body of work, ABB will be regarded as one of, if not the, worst album of their career.

No stand out single. No songs that charted. Truly not one memorable song on the record. This album will be forgotten. And if they make a 50 Licks, not one song will be included.

You're 100% correct, in few years VL will be regarded as the last spark of the Stones magic, B2B will be regarded as a decent album and DW as their last authentic album. Nothing could save ABB, their worst selling studio album, the first studio album without hot 100, bubbling under or top 20 album rock hits, their shortest charting studio album ever on both UK or US...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)