ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Rovesnik" N8 Russia August 2001
Provided by Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brief interview Return to archive
01-10-03 09:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Stones are still having some serious fun
By MIKE McDANIEL
Copyright 2003 Houston Chronicle
HOLLYWOOD -- One week before the Rolling Stones play Houston, they'll perform live on HBO in a concert from New York's Madison Square Garden (8 p.m. on Jan. 18). In advance of that, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood faced the television press, gathered here to screen midseason TV programming, via satellite from Montreal.

Associated Press
Ron Wood, from left, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts will perform live on HBO on Jan. 18.
The boys, you won't be surprised to learn, were in a playful mood. Here are excerpts from the interview.

Question: Anything you're doing special for this televised concert?

Richards: No, we're going to turn up.

Jagger: It's a different experience watching it on TV. You make the experience interesting in a different way from being there live and smelling the whole thing.

Q: Will you play to the camera?

Jagger: You don't want to play too much to the camera, no.

Q: Have you decided what you're going to be playing for HBO?

Jagger: No, we haven't actually done the set list yet. Everyone keeps saying, "Where's the set list?"

Richards: It's days (away), you know.

Q: What is it about the Stones that endures, that speaks to every generation?

Jagger: Charlie, it's your turn. I've been answering too many questions.

Richards: This one's for Charlie.

Watts: Yes.

Richards: Yes.

Jagger: Yes, funny.

Wood: We're all so different. ...

Richards: You are. You're different.

Q: What is it about the Stones that translates to multigenerations?

Wood: None of us knows, nor does the audience.

Richards: Hard work. Dedication to your task.

Jagger: Good luck.

Richards: Tough fighting unit.

Wood: The most highly paid army in the world.

Q: Charlie, your expression while performing seems to be one of extreme boredom. Even now, you're kind of staring off into space. Are you excited by the music still or is it your natural expression?

Watts: Both.

Q: Mick, when will you decide whether you want to be a movie star or a rock star?

Jagger: Next week.

Richards: Why can't he be both?

Jagger: I could be both.

Richards: He's not a bad plumber, either.

Q: Mick, you play Houston on the 25th. How will that show differ from the one on the 18th?

Jagger: Uh. ...

Richards: It'll be a few days later.

Jagger: The Houston one is in a domed stadium (Reliant Stadium) so it will be a completely different show from the show in the Garden. It will be a ... different set list. It'll be quite a different feeling to be in there.

Richards: That's a sensible answer.

Jagger: Oh, thank you. I thought you'd like that.

Richards: Very good. (The other Stones give their approval.)

Q: Is there an emotional need that keeps you performing, the need to be loved by millions who see you in concert? Could you live without that adoration?

Richards: I doubt it.

Jagger: And this is it, (the questioner) has got to the nub of the performer here.

Richards: We feed off of that, you see. I mean, without that, we'd probably die within 24 hours.

Jagger: There you go.

Q: Are there ever times when you fall out of love with a song or have to muster the enthusiasm to play Satisfaction again, or some other song?

Jagger: How could that be, that we would -- every night -- want to play that?

Wood: It's a great song!

Richards: It takes on a different meaning every time we play it.

Jagger: Of course there are nights when you want to throw the set list out the window. But yeah, I think people like to hear certain things, but you don't want to play only those. You want to play other things. So we do.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
01-10-03 10:13 AM
FotiniD Absolutely hillarious! Thanks Voodoo!

And Mick, trust me, people DON'T want to listen to specific songs, so play with the damn setlist, toss it round, add in rareties, come on!

Oh, and I've been having some trouble with the water pipes in the kitchen lately as well, if Mr. Jagger has the time.. lol

Absolutely marvelous, that's the kind of interview I enjoy reading
01-10-03 10:40 AM
justforyou Yeah...nice one!

Visits since January 9, 2003