ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Rovesnik" N8 Russia August 2001
Provided by Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Montreal ROCKED!! Return to archive
01-09-03 07:24 PM
Mer_Jagger Yesterday in Montreal was the best night of my life!

I hung out at the hotel yesterday afternoon in the freezing cold, and Blondie Chaplin and Darrell kept going in and out of the hotel so I said hi to them a few times. Also saw Mick's girlfriend who went out during the afternoon alone. She's tall and attractive, but I have to say that she's not 6'4''!

By 4:30pm, the police arrived at the hotel, and came out with security and told us that the entire band would be coming out but we had to make two line ups along the sidewalk in order to allow the band to walk down and get on the vans. I got right in the front of the line and saw (and touched!) everone. Around 5pm, Blondie, Chuck, Bernard, Lisa, Darell, the entire Horn section and Cohl got in the van. Then at 5:30pm Charlie rushed out of the hotel doors and ran into his waiting car. Pretty exciting! And then a few minutes later the police made us back up more and out came Mick who was so AWESOME!! He came out of the hotel looking very handsome, and signed an autographs, and gave a couple fans high fives! Then he came over to where I was standing, and I made brief eye contact before a fan from Argentina yelled ''Hey, I came all the way from Argentina to be here'' and Mick was very friendly and jumped up said an enthusiastic ''Hey!!'' and gave him five, and I put my hand out to be slapped because he was right across from me & just inches away as this was happening, and his hand brushed mine!! HEAVEN!! He then smiled and got into the car. I tell you, I'll never sleep again that was so beautiful...
Then Keith came out very fast and got into his waiting van without stopping, as did Ronnie a few minutes later with his wife. I felt so lucky to see them all!! Really cool.

And the concert at the Bell Centre was AMAZING!! I'll make no complaints about the Fan Club as I wound up in the 4th row which was amazing. I could see everything! Mick had a ton of kleenex on stage with him, but you wouldn't know he was sick from his performance at all. Really fabulous concert!! They really rocked the entire place, and everyone was just flawless. The set list rocked, I was up and dancing the entire night. Mick spoke both French and English to the crowd. Ronnie saw me and smiled during ''Street Fighting Man'', and during ''Start Me Up'' I got up on my chair and started dancing which made Ronnie, Lisa and Bernard laugh. Keith's solos were really great. When he got to the mic he said ''Merci'' after his long applause, and then said ''see, I speak French''...LOL!! He dedicated one of the songs to his ''blind angel'' who was in the audience which was really cool. Everyone seemed to be having a good time on stage as I saw Mick and Keith laughing a few times together, and Ronnie and Mick were giving eachother playful shoves every now and then. When Ronnie was milking his applause just before Keith's solos, Mick said ''Oh, he's so aggressive''...LOL. During one song, the band ended it earlier than Mick was expecting, and he looked back at them and started to laugh. It was a cool moment as Keith was already laughing before Mick turned around. They were really great with interacting with people in the audience which was fun for me!! Some girl gave Mick flowers, and he would come over and dance quite often. The entire band really seemed to enjoy the audience. ''You Got Me Rocking Now'' was a personal highlight as Mick noticed my ''Performance'' shirt due to the guy beside me lifting me up in the air. I didn't know this guy, but it was well worth it as Mick looked and gave a smile and almost laughed as this guy pulled me in the air, and then Mick came over again later, and danced and pointed. The entire show was just brilliant! I saw them twice in Toronto this past October, but they just keep blowing me away! They made me an extremely happy girl!! :-)
01-09-03 08:53 PM
Stonesgirl I can't wait to see them live! Micks girlfriend was there and with him New Years? Sounds serious. Maybe Mick couldn't attend rehearsal because he was being nursed back to health.
01-09-03 10:56 PM
steel driving hammer I just LOVE IT when Mick and Keith Both (Both) smile together (together)

When they both smile together, it tells a tale of Triumph.

Again, it " Tells A Tale Of Triumph.

I LOVE it, nuff said.

Stones in my kitchen, Stones in my bed, Stones in my head, Stones what I said.

STONES!
01-09-03 11:06 PM
Mer_Jagger I agree. It is a beautiful thing! And they were just having a good time last night, as was Ronnie, and that is a beautiful thing in itself!! Just pure gold, man!

Man I wish I could work on this tour... Anyone know where to apply??
01-10-03 11:20 AM
Mer_Jagger Hey Luxury1!!

Yes, it is I the young MM with the now infamous ''Performance'' babydoll shirt! I didn't get to Hurley's either as I was at the hotel all afternoon. It paid off though because he came out, and was very friendly and lovely!! Looked very handsome and tanned as well! The policeman said that he thought I had an orgasam when Mick came out of the hotel and over to our side of the sidewalk....LOL!! Those few seconds of eye contact did me in for life...

I did see him wearing a hat and congrats that it was yours!! Freakin' awesome!! Did you get a photo? How did you get it to him?? I danced the night away on my chair and got a laugh when he saw my shirt. He came back again during ''You Got Me Rocking'' and pointed!! HEAVEN!! Mick sure gave me many thrills on Wednesday night! After so much interaction with him I haven't been able to sleep since!!

Yeah, I know, on Wednesday afternoon when the girlfriend came out alone, and was right beside me for a second I thought AH,DAMN the girlfriend is in town... LOL. Was cool to see her though! Was even cooler to see Mick though!! :-)

Visits since January 9, 2003