ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Rovesnik" N8 Russia August 2001
Provided by Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Indian Girl Speed Metal? Return to archive
01-09-03 11:52 AM
Maxlugar It's got death and destruction...

Rape...

It's got confused and disenfranchised children...

It's even got Military incursions in a near apocolyptic Latan America...

And racism, gringo!

I say yes.

It is well known that Motorhead were working with Jimmy Miller on their 1979 classics Overkill and later (in that same year for God sakes!) Bomber. They ran in the same tight circles, you see. It could not be helped that most of the Stones 1980 output would be heavily influenced by Motorhead.

Lemmy moved in when the Clash started to sell out. Speed/ Thrash was taking over. Times had changed.

All hail Indian Girl!

The finest example of Speed Metal I know of!

Maxy!
01-09-03 11:54 AM
jb Micky Kantor put Sean hannity in his place last night!!!!
01-09-03 12:08 PM
Nasty Habits After recording the finest side of Speed Metal recorded up until that time, that being side two of Tattoo You, the Stones (did you know that Lemmy and Bill collaborated on the keyboard part to heaven? They were trying to get that Hawkwind thing going for the Stones) turned their back on the Killmeister style of composition and recorded Undercover. Lemmy retaliated by recording "Stone Deaf Forever", which was originally thought to be a marker for a sad and permanent parting of the ways between the Stones and Motorhead. However, the Stones soon missed the speed metal sound, and proceeded to record Dirty Work, the most brutal death metal record of all time, which scared Lemmy and the rest of the deathmetaleers so bad that Lemmy had to record Orgasmatron, admitting that the Stones ruled the speed metal roost, and that M�t�rh��d were nothing but, comparitively, roadies. Hence the song "We Are the Road Crew".
01-09-03 12:12 PM
jb How many fucking times is Bill Benette going to appear on that show?
01-09-03 12:20 PM
Maxlugar A nice interpretation Nasty. Love it!

However, in the circles I ran in when young, Heaven was considered "Death Funk".

M!
01-09-03 12:25 PM
jb Peggy Noonan as well...
01-09-03 12:32 PM
sirmoonie There are some obvious vibes of Southern Gay Death Metal buried within the grooves of Dirty Work.
01-09-03 12:34 PM
jb Michelle Malkin
01-09-03 12:46 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
There are some obvious vibes of Southern Gay Death Metal buried within the grooves of Dirty Work.

Are you talking about the Dicksies or some other Southern Gay Death Metal band?

01-09-03 12:55 PM
Maxlugar I am hurt by Moonie's comment.

Just how far south are we talking here by the way?

Boca?
(Laugh track)

Josh, do you like Southern Gay Death Speed Reggae Metal?

[Edited by Maxlugar]
01-09-03 01:10 PM
sirmoonie Nasty, I'm thinking more along the lines of John Wilkes Boof and the Sucksessionists or Bombed in the Brown Harper Fairies and other nihilists that played that ambidextrous open style. They invented Southen Gay Death Metal!
01-09-03 01:14 PM
nankerphelge Well here in Virginny, I can tell you about the roving gangs of male "dixie chicks," wearing their mauve hot pants with their death metal billowing out of their teal Ford Focuses!!

It's frightening.
01-09-03 01:24 PM
Maxlugar Once again I start a serious topic and it's turned into a joke fest.

I'm leaving this board!
(Laugh track w/Desi Arnez guffawing off stage)

MACKY!
01-09-03 05:21 PM
woodywoodpecker Maxy, the way your swingin that guitar, can we expect to hear your metal version of Indian Girl?
01-09-03 05:31 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Maxy, you have inspired me. I think I'll tell the band that we're going to do "Indian Girl" as (as a physics major friend of mine always says) a heavy acid death metal song.

Either they'll kill me or they'll take to it, or they'll kill me and then take to it.

Let us see what happens. I think we're going to have to get someone in to do that deep "I'm going to kill you" type voice for the spoken section at the end, and then I'll scream for awhile and it'll be done.

When I originally read the lyrics to "Indian Girl", I thought it'd be a crazy kind of dark techno-metal-rave-number that just seemed hopelessly out of place in 1980. Instead I got absolute crap.

-tSYX --- Mister Gringo, my father, he ain't no Che Guevara... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
01-09-03 05:48 PM
Joey Wasn't Tina Jordan in " MotorHead " ????????????

I know ..........I will go straight to the source :

www.TinaJordan.com

Visits since January 9, 2003