ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Rovesnik" N8 Russia August 2001
Provided by Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Good Songs In General to Get Stuck In Your Head. Return to archive
01-08-03 05:26 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I mention this because in getting your Winter exams back you tend to get into a one-track mind state - which makes it very easy to get stuck on one song. Today I have been muttering #s 2 and 3 over and over again under my breath running from class to class.

Plus, it's something to talk about while waiting for the Montreal setlist to show up.

1. Rocks Off (Duh.)
2. The Who - Bargain (Damn damn damn good song.)
3. Led Zeppelin - D'Yer Ma'ker (I heard this song for the first time on the radio a couple days ago and can't get it out of my head - damn, it's such a simple song, but it's so good and so unlike Led Zeppelin...)
4. It's Only Rock'n'Roll (And I friggin' love it.)
5. The Beatles - I've Got A Feeling (LIVE On the Apple Rooftop) (It's a good rock'n'roller, from an era when the Beatles seriously gave pure rock'n'roll some thought. Sounds suspiciously like The Who in places, actually.)

-tSYX --- I call that a bargain... the best I ever had...
01-09-03 01:08 PM
sasca All the above have been thumb-tacked to my mind before. Some others:
You Love Us (both versions)- The Manic Street Preachers
Glastonbury Song - The Waterboys
Common People - Pulp
The Prettiest Star - David Bowie
Je t'aime - Serge Gainsbourg/Jane Birkin
01-09-03 01:48 PM
sasca All Those Years Ago - George Harrison. Find Somewhere in England.
01-09-03 03:15 PM
woodywoodpecker Aint it funny that usually its a terrible song that sticks in your mind. You got to roll me- I sing this to myself quite alot. Hey Hey, You got me rockin also" And probably my least favourate Stones song ever!-Kids are different today, I hear every moffa say.....she goes running for the shelta of her moffa's little helper.

Visits since January 9, 2003