ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Rovesnik" N8 Russia August 2001
Provided by Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Relationships with Stones (NSC) Return to archive
01-08-03 01:38 PM
Martha I have a page-a-day calendar of inspirational thoughts and such regarding recovery and women...and today this is the reading..which I could not resist posting here..
You'll see what I mean...read on...

"Relationships with Stones"

"This year would be a good year to develop a relationship with stones. Native people the world over remind us that we have much to learn from stones. Stones are older than we are. They were here long before humans and will be here long after we are gone. They have "absorbed" knowledge not readily available to us. We can learn by forming a relationship with them."

Comments anyone?????
01-08-03 01:43 PM
jb "Chicken Soup for the Rolling Stones Fan".
01-08-03 01:47 PM
sirmoonie Have you hugged a rock today?
01-08-03 02:25 PM
LadyJane I would be quite happy to develop a relationship with a Stone. Preferrably a certain Stone named Keith!
Good advice, Martha! Thanks for sharing!!

LadyJ.
01-08-03 02:46 PM
egon Burn the calendar!

Then go and hug your stones record collection
01-08-03 03:22 PM
Street Fighting Man Happy New Year!

Given a relationship must be "two way" to actually be an relationship, I don't know exactly how "relationships" with stones would be beneficial.

I can say though that developing "deeper" relationships with family & friends has definite merit. One of key God's key commandments for mankind is to love our neighbor as ourselves. With this approach to earnestly sharing our love with others, we can develop relationships with meaning, where we can share each others lives (and life learnings).

You could probably file this under, thoughts for 2003.
01-08-03 03:26 PM
Highwire Rob Terrific quote Martha!

everybody must get stoned...
01-08-03 05:46 PM
Martha
"They have "absorbed" knowledge not readily available to us. "

Oh my.....that's their secret then ehhh?! LOL

Chicken Soup for the RS fan...good one JB....

Hugging a rock sirmoonie....well I did that last night in my dreams.

I dreamt I was hanging out with Ronnie and Keef and eventually Mick showed up...it was all innocent fun stuff...very friendship oriented. I can recall I hugged Ronnie several times during the dream ( and Mick too, once he came into the room).

So, I guess I DID hug a Stone!

Egon..I'm not burning the calendar....but I'll gaze lovingly at my Stones collection....good idea.

Street Fighting Man...good daily thoughts..keep 'em coming in.

Highwire Rob...I agree wholeheartedly,.... everyone let's get STONED!
01-08-03 10:47 PM
MarthaMyDear Does wanting to go to the treehugger show count??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P I'm just playin' whicha'... Thank you for that, Martha!!! Interesting... It says: They were here long before humans and will be here long after we are gone. That makes sense because the joke goes... What are the only two things that will be living after the bomb hits? Cockroaches and Keith Richards... HA!!! HA!!! DON'T THROW SHIT, DAMNIT!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
If no one laughs, I'll be EXTREMELY crushed, but I'll survive... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P PEACE and DO ROCK ON, MY BROTHERS!!!

*** Martha ***
01-09-03 08:47 AM
F505 Who are those creeps on that picture MarthaMyDear? My God!!
01-09-03 08:58 AM
gypsy I'd love to get to know Keith a little better...
F505, you just opened a can of worms that shouldn't have been opened...
01-09-03 10:56 AM
Nasty Habits Men were executed, women bled
Meat and fish changed hands
and children stayed up late

Coloured drums they displace the night
There's a taxidemist looking for a fight
But now he's gone, oh yeah

Only the Stones remain

Girls were decked with flowers and violated
while boys spat juice from out of their fresh young bones
Soldiers crosse their hearts and died
pretty girls turned cold inside

But now they're gone, oh yeah

Only the Stones remain

And the Stones have forgotten them
The Stones have forgotten them

They brake your body and drain the life out of it
It sinks into the soil while the soul flies up into the air
And when there's no more tears to cry
There's nothing left to do but laugh and die

State led collabarations collapse and cannibis evaporates, honey

Only the Stones remain

The Soft Boys.

01-09-03 11:27 AM
jb Thanks again Gerado..you are #1 engineer in Mexico City....El Papa en la casa!!!!
01-09-03 03:21 PM
MarthaMyDear F505, you just opened a can of worms that shouldn't have been opened...
-------------------------------------------------------------

He did??? No, he didn't... Why would that be a can of worms??? It's Matt Sorumson (or whatever his fricking last name is... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ), Slash, and Duff McCagen (sp???) when Slash and Duff were in Guns 'N Roses...

*** Martha ***

P.S. (Oh.... I know what you mean now... Oh, who cares who fricking hates GNR or WHOMEVER I like or dislike musically, etc.... I could care less as I KNOW I have amazing taste in music... I actually like tons of bands and all kinds of generes (sp???) of music, so whatever... lol............. Take care!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
01-09-03 05:16 PM
gypsy the guy on the right looks like the lead singer of warrant before he got all fat...
01-09-03 05:31 PM
MarthaMyDear Duff is MUCH better-looking than the idiot from Warrant!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P He looks terrible there, though (they all do, actually... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ), but him and Slash are clean and sober and I know that Slash us looking, oh, MIGHTY fine now, so... That's a REALLY bad pic., actually... The t-shirt Slash is wearing is just my secret joke, is why the pic. is there... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Take care...

*** Martha ***

Visits since January 9, 2003