ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Rovesnik" N8 Russia August 2001
Provided by Irina
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sticking Up For The Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-07-03 10:48 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! It seems someone here just don't fucking get it.
Now, who could that be? Anyway, I think it's bullshit, an eye for an eye if you ask me!
01-07-03 10:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ???
01-07-03 11:24 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Someone deleted the thread that I started concerning all The Stones and Keith Bashing that is going on at The Ted Nugent Board. Why?
01-07-03 11:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't mean to denegrate your anger bro.....but why are you concerned what those moronic dimwits at a Ted Nugent board think?

I mean they are fans of TED NUGENT....it's like being concerned what the idiots at the Poison board think of the Stones....

Know what I mean?

It ain't worth getting yer knickers in a twist.

Fuck them, they mean nothing.
01-07-03 11:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No big deal, if you think it is worth posting, post it again. That's not the kind of forbiden threads..
01-08-03 12:52 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! Stonesalot, the truth be it, me and some of my buds from a Grateful Dead site have recently made ourselves at home there. Mr. Nugent has been making derogatory statements in the media lately concerning The Dead and their fans, and the mindless little following that he has are hanging on his ever word. Ted even gets on there and posts himself quite often. I could really care less what Ted or his redneck friends think, but it has become pretty damn entertaining for us to say the least! Those guys are whacked out and need a little enlightment once in a while. Today out of nowhere there is a thread titled "Most overrated rock band", and guess who is their choice? That's right The Stones and Keith! Some of the most insane post you could imagine is flying around that board. You are right that it doesn't make a shit one way or the other, but it's damn fun to fuck with these bonkers when they get out of hand! To check their Stones remarks out, click on General Topic and then " Most Overrated Rock Bands". Get ready for a good laugh.
http://www.tednugent.com/cgi-bin/tnusa/nugeboard3/Ultimate.cgi
01-08-03 01:58 AM
mick&keith Ted Nugent is truly disgusting...imagine, a grown man who has appeared on stage with an animal tail hanging out of his butt!! He is nothing compared to the Rolling Stones! Sorry, if he insulted the dead too.
01-08-03 02:16 AM
Dr. Frankenstone Ted Nugent was pretty good for about 5 minutes in 1975.

01-08-03 04:20 AM
F505 Who on earth is Ted Nugent?
01-08-03 06:12 AM
beer It's weird that Nugent is being mentioned again. I just read a magazine today that Nugent was interviewed in, and he said some awful shit. But i guess if it his his fantasy to stab reindears with his cock,and refer to Asians as "tunnel digging monkeys" so be it. I'd much rather have ol' Ted doing it, than another priest for fucks sake. I mean seriously, whats worse, child fucking priests, or washed up musicians living on controversy?
[Edited by beer]
01-08-03 07:27 AM
Maxlugar "tunnel digging monkeys"
(Laugh track)

Fujisaki! What do you say to that?
(Laugh track w/wild applause)

Thank you, goodnight!

Maxy!
01-08-03 09:54 AM
Factory Girl Wow, Ted Nugent posts on his own message board...lol. I checked it out, is his handle "Nuge"?? They also have a hunting forum...rotfl.
01-08-03 11:21 AM
sirmoonie Ted Nugent sucks dick.
01-08-03 11:38 AM
jb Nugent is a washed up NRA loser..the real threat is Macca who has all media outlets playing up how his tour was #1 and beat the Stones w/out mentioning that his tour started much earlier and the fact he has played about 15 more dates.
[Edited by jb]
01-08-03 12:08 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Yes, on his message board, Ted post quite often. He is a Moderator on there and goes be "Nuge". I have personally been into it with him serveral times. I've gave it to him from every angle and he always has something to say in return that leaves no doubt his image isn't just a front. The sad thing is, he has his little gun toot's followers hanging on his every word. Man, those cats are living on their own planet! It's their way or "fuck you!", Redneck Power baby!!!
01-08-03 12:49 PM
JaggaRichards Nugent's a has-been that never was.
A legend in his own mind.
01-08-03 12:49 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
"Most overrated rock band", and guess who is their choice? That's right The Stones and Keith!

Ho Hum, just another day at the office....since "over rating" the Stones is a theoretical impossibility...the Concept of Perfection is lost on these people.
01-08-03 12:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Happy, where I live...Ted is revered as a saint. The patron saint of huntin' stuff. I guess I've just become so inured to that tripe that I don't even notice it anymore...

See, by confronting them you've backed yourself into a corner. Eventually you'll get tired of messing with them, and you will move on. That will give them the opportunity to say "See what a bunch of pussies those Deadheads are when confronted with the truth!". You can't win. They are so steeped in their dogma that reason and logic are ignored. So when you wear down...and you will wear down, just from the sheer boredom of having to repeat yourself over and over...and leave, you will be giving them exactly what they wanted all along. They will hold your departure up like a damn hunting trophy.

The best that you can hope for is that they don't try to dehydrate you into jerky.
01-08-03 12:59 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
They are so steeped in their dogma that reason and logic are ignored.

Exactly.
01-08-03 01:07 PM
jb I hope Nugent ends up in one of those TV shows "When Animals Go Wild" and is trampled on by a huge Moose.
01-08-03 01:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot JB...THAT is "Must See TV"!!!!
01-08-03 01:14 PM
jb Yes..so are you going to New York?
01-08-03 01:24 PM
~AzQb

HapPyMuThA

I'm sorry, man, but the moment i read some ignorant fool's "Page has more feel than Richards"{ or some such jizz) i realised the people there are without hope of learning anything. Blinded in their worship of a man who rightly belongs in intensive, prolonged psychotherapy.

"You can lead thirsty fools to water but you can't make 'em drink", ya know?

A valiant effort on your part, but personally i wouldn't have wasted my time.

The truly scary thing is that Nugent has such a "platform" at all to spout his venom.

Now THAT's scary!

~
01-08-03 01:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have off, but I ain't going up to NYC with no tix. I couldn't bear to be in town while a show was going on, and no be able to go see it.

I'm really poor right now. Making Christmas nice for my boy and my niece really set me back. Priorities really suck.
01-08-03 01:30 PM
jb I don't see how you would not be able to score a 50.00 dollar ticket...every venue has had plenty off seats available..I know the Garden is different, but there are 2 shows and plenty of tickets around.
01-08-03 02:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Maybe there will be affordable tickets...maybe. I can't make the trip on a maybe.

And it's not just the cost of the ticket...NYC ain't a cheap date, you know? Not only that, but I don't really relish the idea of humping up there and back in the same day...by myself. That drive sucks, and it's even worse alone. I did it once for Roseland, but obviously that is a different circumstance.

I just can't come up with a good enough justification to get in a big hassle with my wife. It just isn't worth it. If I had a ticket to stick in her face, at least I'd have a shakey leg to stand on.

No, I have resigned myself to the fact that I'm done seeing the Stones for a long time. Sad but true.
01-08-03 02:17 PM
jb Probably never again SS...As much as it hurts, we all know this is it..their popularity(sans us fanatics) is wanning, their age is finally becoming a real issue, and I don't see them getting huge audiences at future U.S. gigs at these prices....Sad, Sad, Sad, ...
[Edited by jb]
01-08-03 02:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
JB...THAT is "Must See TV"!!!!

SirStonesalot: To follow up on our conversation a couple of
weeks ago, did you see what they are doing to Gettysburg now
by making it "politically correct". The guides and park
ranges have to focus on the cause and effect of the war and slavery not the battles.

What the fuck is that??

I will try and find the article and send it to you
01-08-03 02:23 PM
jb You have to consider how the African-American community feels..to them the Confederacy stood for slavery....which I think we all can agree was the most shameful era in our nations short history.
01-08-03 02:31 PM
egon
quote:
F505 wrote:
Who on earth is Ted Nugent?

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003