ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: any help with Buddy Guy? Return to archive
January 9th, 2006 04:40 PM
kahoosier I live on this tiny rock deep in the Pacific ( Tinian , see www.cnmi-guide.com). I am travelling to Chicago to continue my Stones Extravaganza at the UC. It takes two days of planes, airports and layovers. I am desperate to see Buddy Guy on Jan 22, but I screwed up and hesitated with Ticketmaster. Now even all the brokers I have used in the past are dry! In the last decades Stones Fans have pulled my ass out of the fire many times. I ain't paying what I have for Stones tickets, but cost is only relative! Will the venue release tickets the day of the show? Will scalpers be out on the street in freezing weather?Is there anyone out there that can help me with two tickets for that Sunday Buddy Guy Gig? E-mail me at [email protected]
January 9th, 2006 05:35 PM
Saint Sway Voodoo Pug was once a member of a very esteemed and highly regarded Chicago rock band - The Voodoo Pugs. Even though its been a few days since his band retired, I am certain that he is still very dialed in with Chicago music scene and I am sure that he can hook you up with a ticket.
January 9th, 2006 06:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Voodoo Pug was once a member of a very esteemed and highly regarded Chicago rock band - The Voodoo Pugs. Even though its been a few days since his band retired, I am certain that he is still very dialed in with Chicago music scene and I am sure that he can hook you up with a ticket.

i am looking into it.
January 10th, 2006 12:33 AM
parmeda Hey kahoosier!

You're speaking to one of Buddy's regulars here...and I can tell you first hand that:

1) Yes, you waited too long to get a ticket
2) Yes, there are scalpers out on the street that may double the cost of a $35 ticket (I'm sure you paid waaaaaay more than that for your UC ticket, lol)
3) The odds of getting in are in your favor only because the night that you plan on attending, is one of the nights that is designated as a "Smoke Free" night...hence, the crowd in there will be made mostly of tourists that have no clue of the true Chicago Blues Scene. (What's a blues bar with no "smoke"???)
4) No offense directly intended for you (being a tourist in our great town)
5) I have tickets for the 14th and the 27th.
6) Sorry friend...I'm not in the market to part with them. However, if for some unforseen reason...you'll be the first to know.

Seriously, I wish you well in trying to score a seat!
(Or, I should say, "a square of tile space"...standing room only...there are no seats!!)
If you're unable to, at least try to get in there one night when Buddy's not playing if you have the time. Here's his club's calendar for the month:

http://www.buddyguys.com/january.html

Oh! And while you're at it, just a few short blocks away is Chess Studio.
Get your tail in there!
Walk up the staircase.
...you can thank me later
January 10th, 2006 12:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Hey kahoosier!

You're speaking to one of Buddy's regulars here...and I can tell you first hand that:

1) Yes, you waited too long to get a ticket
2) Yes, there are scalpers out on the street that may double the cost of a $35 ticket (I'm sure you paid waaaaaay more than that for your UC ticket, lol)
3) The odds of getting in are in your favor only because the night that you plan on attending, is one of the nights that is designated as a "Smoke Free" night...hence, the crowd in there will be made mostly of tourists that have no clue of the true Chicago Blues Scene. (What's a blues bar with no "smoke"???)
4) No offense directly intended for you (being a tourist in our great town)
5) I have tickets for the 14th and the 27th.
6) Sorry friend...I'm not in the market to part with them. However, if for some unforseen reason...you'll be the first to know.

Seriously, I wish you well in trying to score a seat!
(Or, I should say, "a square of tile space"...standing room only...there are no seats!!)
If you're unable to, at least try to get in there one night when Buddy's not playing if you have the time. Here's his club's calendar for the month:

http://www.buddyguys.com/january.html

Oh! And while you're at it, just a few short blocks away is Chess Studio.
Get your tail in there!
Walk up the staircase.
...you can thank me later

it will be to many heres advantage to be in Buddy Guys on the 22nd.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)