ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Harry Belafonte & Chavez Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 8th, 2006 08:30 PM
jb Two ass-holes who deserve each other......really appalling comments by both of them.
January 8th, 2006 08:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels It seems that Governor Baldacci (Maine)is going to sign a deal with Chavez to buy cheap heating oil from Venezuela.
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/special/1_8special2.htm
January 8th, 2006 09:06 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
It seems that Governor Baldacci (Maine)is going to sign a deal with Chavez to buy cheap heating oil from Venezuela.
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/special/1_8special2.htm

He is a disgrace and his comments very Mel Gibson like...and Belafonte(and I am a flaming liberal) is a disgrace attacking America on foreign soil....even if you disagree with the war, which I now do, he comments regarding Bush were disgusting...that's why we Dems will never get back in power..the "righties" are going to eat this up.
[Edited by jb]
January 8th, 2006 09:09 PM
Maxlugar Harry Belefonte is a mainstream democrat these days.

Sickening party.

{SIGH!}
January 8th, 2006 09:13 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Harry Belefonte is a mainstream democrat these days.

Sickening party.

{SIGH!}

Sadly, many people believe that....the guy has really gone too far............time for more dems like Joe Lieberman to gain support and not be scorened by his party...Even the great Bill Clinton was moderate compared to most of the fringe elements we dems seem to feel the need to appease(Sharpton, Jackson, Cindy Shehaan, etc).
January 8th, 2006 09:18 PM
Maxlugar Rene Richards has more balls than the current dems...
January 8th, 2006 09:22 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Rene Richards has more balls than the current dems...

We lack any leadership....even you would concede that they should be making gains the way George and Co. have been handling things as of late....not a good weekend in Iraq...and when the hell is he taking out Iran's Nukes!!!(A real fucking threat).
[Edited by jb]
January 8th, 2006 09:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Don't knock the Dems too badly. I saw Chuckie Shumer on Meet The Press today and he was looking and sounding very "Presidential".
January 8th, 2006 09:29 PM
jb
quote:
Don't knock the Dems too badly. I saw Chuckie Shumer on Meet The Press today and he was looking and sounding very "Presidential".

He is alright..but nopt electable(see Jew Liberman)........they have nop one to run against RTeps except the great Hilary..and she willnever get more than 44-47% of the vote. Republicans have Romney, McCain, Jeb, and a few others who would soundly defeat her.....and does it really matter....Roe V. Wade will soon be overruled and Bush leaves a conservative (and very young) court to destroy all civil liberties for the next 3 decades....it's over..We lost!!!
January 8th, 2006 09:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:

Liberman)........they have nop one to run against RTeps except the great Hilary..and she willnever get more than 44-47% of the vote.

I don't think she'll run. But right now the Dem's have no real rising star. Maybe bring Sam Nunn out of retirement?
January 8th, 2006 09:36 PM
jb
quote:

I don't think she'll run. But right now the Dem's have no real rising star. Maybe bring Sam Nunn out of retirement?

Nah.....Maybe Evan Bayh ...but I fear another Kerry run...the guy was dreadful .......
January 8th, 2006 10:23 PM
MrPleasant "God tempers the wind to the shorn lamb".
January 8th, 2006 11:14 PM
jb
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
"God tempers the wind to the shorn lamb".

Thanks so much!!!!
January 9th, 2006 12:47 AM
Brainbell Jangler Belafonte is a legend. Hugo is a hero. Over 60% of Americans want the Democrats to recapture Congress. DeLay is gone. Bush is on the ropes. Can you say "Abramoff"?
January 9th, 2006 12:49 AM
CHIEFMOON Chavez was duly elected by a majority of his countrymen, they must not have a problem with him or his administration, why should people here have a problem with that?
January 9th, 2006 12:53 AM
Brainbell Jangler Have you seen "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"? It's a documentary filmed during the unsuccessful coup against Chavez by U.S.-supported reactionary oligarchs. A must-see (especially for Maxy & Josh).
January 9th, 2006 12:57 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Belafonte is a legend. Hugo is a hero. Over 60% of Americans want the Democrats to recapture Congress. DeLay is gone. Bush is on the ropes. Can you say "Abramoff"?

Is Abramoff one of those with dual citzenship and a "singular" allegiance?
January 9th, 2006 12:59 AM
jb
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Have you seen "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"? It's a documentary filmed during the unsuccessful coup against Chavez by U.S.-supported reactionary oligarchs. A must-see (especially for Maxy & Josh).

I find the most recent Chavez comments extremely offensive and Belafonte has really crossed the line ............the people of Venezuela duly elected him, as did a majority elect Bush.....while I'm not happy about either, that's the reality ...however, I can voice my opinion, like they have, and find both their comments deeply offensive to me as a an American and Jew.
[Edited by jb]
January 9th, 2006 01:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler Harry Belafonte praises Hugo for providing low price heating oil to poor Americans: "This generosity that has been offered to the United States says very much about the Venezuelean spirit."
What's the problem?
http://ca.music.yahoo.com/read/news/2808743
January 9th, 2006 01:12 AM
jb
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Harry Belafonte praises Hugo for providing low price heating oil to poor Americans: "This generosity that has been offered to the United States says very much about the Venezuelean spirit."
What's the problem?
http://ca.music.yahoo.com/read/news/2808743

You're very smart....so you tell me.
January 9th, 2006 01:14 AM
Brainbell Jangler That link doesn't seem to work. Let's try another one.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060104/ap_en_mu/people_belafonte
January 9th, 2006 01:28 AM
Brainbell Jangler Perhaps Harry or Hugo said something that wasn't included in the article I read. If so, please post a link.
January 9th, 2006 01:32 AM
glencar Joshy, what's this all about? I've been out of town & missed the news. Belafonte is a respected performer. Surely he wouldn't say anything stupid?
January 9th, 2006 06:29 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
CHIEFMOON wrote:

like so many in the current administration
January 9th, 2006 06:55 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
like so many in the current administration

A most unforntunate condition that needs a large measure of correction.

January 9th, 2006 07:03 AM
Jumping Jack Do you have to be a clown to be a Democrat? They all make me laugh so hard. Is there one sane Democrat who isn't loud, belligerent, and completely out of their mind? Is this some type of Hollywood contest to prove who is the nuttiest?

How many elections must be lost before people realize the extremes on the left and right have no chance of being elected?

I swear the Dems simply can't stand be second at anything. Even when Pat Robertson is out there making a complete ass of himself, Harry has to come in and one up him.

The AARP making Harry Man of the Year reveals it is now a tool of the left. They will soon be wondering where their members went.

The eventual outcome of all this polarization will be the emergence of a moderate third party.
January 9th, 2006 07:22 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The eventual outcome of all this polarization will be the emergence of a moderate third party.

We may see something better than that: the demise of a criminal political party.

Should have happened long ago...
January 9th, 2006 10:09 AM
glencar Yes, the Dems' demise is a thing of beauty! Look for Pelosi to be tossed overboard next year.
January 9th, 2006 10:28 AM
jb http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/7000%2F20060109%2F0030000004.htm&sc=shmideast&floc=NW_1-T

January 9th, 2006 10:29 AM
glencar
quote:
CHIEFMOON wrote:

Hmmm, anti-Semitism anyone?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)