ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Voodoo Pugs Rock Chicago Return to archive
January 7th, 2006 08:28 PM
Stoneface Newb here. Occasional poster at Gasland since 2002. Longtime lurker here.

Anyway, I went down to Hi-Tops with some friends last night to see the Pugs farewell show after reading about it here. Our group had a great time. The Voodoo Pug is a gentleman and a fine showman. The free beer was also appreciated.

Highlights of the show for us were a powerful reading of "Paint It Black", a version of "Honky Tonk Woman" with guest harmonica that pulled my girlfriend out onto the dancefloor and kept her there, a passionate "Gimme Shelter", "Love In Vain" (one of my faves), and climactic "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Sympathy For The Devil". Great guitar heavy sound - three on the axes at times.

Kudos to the Voodoo Pugs, a great Stones tribute. A good time was had by all!

January 7th, 2006 09:52 PM
kath that's great!!! i've been wondering when somebody was gonna mention it!!!!
January 8th, 2006 01:15 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Stoneface wrote:
Newb here. Occasional poster at Gasland since 2002. Longtime lurker here.

Anyway, I went down to Hi-Tops with some friends last night to see the Pugs farewell show after reading about it here. Our group had a great time. The Voodoo Pug is a gentleman and a fine showman. The free beer was also appreciated.

Highlights of the show for us were a powerful reading of "Paint It Black", a version of "Honky Tonk Woman" with guest harmonica that pulled my girlfriend out onto the dancefloor and kept her there, a passionate "Gimme Shelter", "Love In Vain" (one of my faves), and climactic "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Sympathy For The Devil". Great guitar heavy sound - three on the axes at times.

Kudos to the Voodoo Pugs, a great Stones tribute. A good time was had by all!

Wow! Thanks for the great review....I will post our final setlist when i get a few spare moments! It was very nice to meet you, i appreciate you taking the time to come introduce yourself to me! Overall I thought the show went very well, great crowd....was very touched that Eddie Bloom (the "Mick" from Hot Rocks Chicago, www.hotrocksband.com) showed up to guest on Honky Tonk and CYHMK on his harp! It was a great way to go out!
January 8th, 2006 01:47 PM
egon was the cape there?
January 8th, 2006 02:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
was the cape there?

YES! pictures to be posted next week.

This was our setlist for our final show:

Street Fighting Man
Brown Sugar
Stray Cat Blues
Honky Tonk Woman (With Eddie From Hot Rocks Chi)
Cant You Hear Me Knocking (With Eddie from Hot Rocks Chi)
Midnight Rambler
Get Off My Cloud
Under My Thumb
Shattered
Paint It Black
Rough Justice
No Expectations
Sweet Virginia
The Worst
Happy
Tumbling Dice
If You Can't Rock Me
Lets Spend The Night Together
Start Me Up
Live With Me
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction
19th Nervous Breakdown
Jumping Jack Flash
Sympathy for The Devil

Special Thanks to all who came out and for Eddie Bloom from Hot Rocks Chicago for joining us on Harmonica!

Cheers,

John
January 8th, 2006 08:35 PM
Stoneface Guess I did tip a few that night - mistook "No Expectations" for "Love In Vain". I think I really enjoyed it though.
January 8th, 2006 08:38 PM
jb Did Pug fall down, injure his head, or have flatulence during the performance? Also, were people offended by his 81 Brit/USA cape? Were Burrittos served?
January 8th, 2006 09:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
...or have flatulence during the performance?

That's so stone, a must during "It's a gas, gas, gas"

January 8th, 2006 09:14 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

That's so stone, a must during "It's a gas, gas, gas"

The Pug has literally caused Homeland Security Alerts for gas attacks ......................see memphis Burrito incident.
January 8th, 2006 11:08 PM
voodoopug Please note, that was my father, Mr Pug who had the burrito incident!

that was the first time we played No Expecations, so it certainly could have sounded like Love in Vain!! lol....also, I think I fucked up the intro a bit and played it like Salt of The Earth instead...but it came together and was a blast to finally play live!
January 8th, 2006 11:12 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Please note, that was my father, Mr Pug who had the burrito incident!

that was the first time we played No Expecations, so it certainly could have sounded like Love in Vain!! lol....also, I think I fucked up the intro a bit and played it like Salt of The Earth instead...but it came together and was a blast to finally play live!

You have humilaited "No Expectations"..........in the words of the greatTerry Jack..."Goodbye my friend , it's hard to die.........we had joy we had fun, we had seasons in the sun....." You knew it was time..............good luck.
[Edited by jb]
January 8th, 2006 11:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

You have humilaited "No Expectations"..........in the words of the greatTerry Jack..."Goodbye my friend , it's hard to die.........we had joy we had fun, we had seasons in the sun....." You knew it was time..............good luck.
[Edited by jb]

True brilliance is knowing when the right time to walk away is. I feel proud that I am leaving the band after what I feel was one of, if not our best show. I wish my bandmates best of luck in their future endeavors.

During Gimme Shelter, i took my wireless Shure Microphone, stand and guitar to the center of the club and performed the song from the crowd...very emotional!!
January 8th, 2006 11:32 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

True brilliance is knowing when the right time to walk away is. I feel proud that I am leaving the band after what I feel was one of, if not our best show. I wish my bandmates best of luck in their future endeavors.

During Gimme Shelter, i took my wireless Shure Microphone, stand and guitar to the center of the club and performed the song from the crowd...very emotional!!

Joey and I are very proud of what we have made you!!!! Congrats!!!!!
January 9th, 2006 01:03 AM
RollingstonesUSA Do any of the stones tribute bands ever do shows in the southeast
January 9th, 2006 01:13 AM
jb
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Do any of the stones tribute bands ever do shows in the southeast

To my knowledge U2 tribute bands are totally dominating all mrkets....
January 9th, 2006 01:39 AM
glencar Goodbye Pugs!
January 9th, 2006 05:50 AM
Jumping Jack No Sway?

Was it a sell out?
January 9th, 2006 10:17 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
No Sway?

Was it a sell out?

I didnt like how Sway was sounding in rehearsal again and since we only had a little over two hours to play, I wanted to make sure we included the songs that were sounding the best in rehearsal!

Actually, attendance was VERY good!
January 9th, 2006 10:34 AM
Jumacfly Congrat Puggie!!
a burning set list for sure!!
now we need the boots...Brussels 73, Chicago 2006
cheers
jU
January 9th, 2006 10:49 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Congrat Puggie!!
a burning set list for sure!!
now we need the boots...Brussels 73, Chicago 2006
cheers
jU

I will see what i can do!
January 9th, 2006 03:38 PM
Starbuck pugsly...you will forever in my heart remain...

one seriously hot dog!

January 9th, 2006 03:41 PM
jb Pug will need cornea replacement within 3 yrs or go blind..."Here's looking at you kid"..............Good luck...China has a huge black market for that stuff.....including Livers!!!
January 9th, 2006 03:57 PM
voodoopug Thank you starbuck!!
January 9th, 2006 05:14 PM
Joey " China has a huge black market for that stuff.....including Livers!!! "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|
|
|
V
January 9th, 2006 05:22 PM
voodoopug joey, please post a pic of a pug in an orange sweater!!
January 9th, 2006 07:02 PM
Starbuck pug...there is still time for new york...

imagine...seeing you bellied up to the bar at JoeO's.....

January 9th, 2006 07:52 PM
Starbuck Obi Wan to Luke Pugslywalker:

"You will go the MSG System. There you will learn from Yoda...the Jedi Pugster than instructed me..."

January 9th, 2006 09:31 PM
voodoopug you are bringing me a much needed laugh tonite!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)