ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vince Neil of Motley Crue says more gigs with Stones this summer (and a tour with Aerosmith) Return to archive
January 6th, 2006 06:18 PM
Dan MÖTLEY CRÜE will be teaming up with AEROSMITH for a co-headlining tour later in the year, CRÜE frontman Vince Neil revealed during an appearance on the "Opie and Anthony" show on XM Satellite Radio earlier today (Jan. 6). In addition, CRÜE will be playing several European dates with THE ROLLING STONES over the summer.

MÖTLEY CRÜE will commence the songwriting/demoing process for their new studio album on May 1. Joining the group for the new album sessions will be producer Bob Rock, who previously worked with CRÜE on their "Dr. Feelgood" and self-titled albums, as well as the three new tracks that appeared on CRÜE's two-CD "greatest hits" collection, "Red, White & Crüe", which came out in February 2005. An early 2007 release is expected, to be followed by extensive touring.

MÖTLEY CRÜE will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame this coming January 25 in front of the Musician's Institute in Hollywood, California. The band were among a number of entertainers in motion pictures, television, radio, live theater, and recording that were selected in June 2005 to receive stars on the Walk of Fame by the Walk of Fame Committee of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. These individuals were chosen from among hundreds of nominations to the committee at a meeting held June 20, 2005 and ratified by the Chamber's Board of Directors.
January 6th, 2006 09:02 PM
sirmoonie Sickening news. Absolutely sickening news.

That photo of that wall-to-wall tattoo'ed fucking retard with his arm around Charlie made me sick.
January 6th, 2006 09:32 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Sickening news. Absolutely sickening news.

That photo of that wall-to-wall tattoo'ed fucking retard with his arm around Charlie made me sick.

Fucking joke......has been washed up oieces of shit(see also Aerosmith),,,,they must work cheap.
January 6th, 2006 09:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Fucking joke......has been washed up oieces of shit(see also Aerosmith),,,,they must work cheap.

Has there ever been a band that had less to do with music than, less to do with anything for that matter, than Motley Cure?

I can't think of any. Maybe Kiss, but all least Gene Simmons spit blood out of his mouth.
January 6th, 2006 10:00 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:

Isn't that the main requirement for consideration to be an opening act for the Stones??

January 6th, 2006 10:16 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Has there ever been a band that had less to do with music than, less to do with anything for that matter, than Motley Cure?

I can't think of any. Maybe Kiss, but all least Gene Simmons spit blood out of his mouth.

Yes ............and he is at least Jewish.......
January 6th, 2006 10:16 PM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Isn't that the main requirement for consideration to be an opening act for the Stones??

100% correct Sir!!!!
January 7th, 2006 12:42 PM
bostone I'll take motley crue over Maroon 5 or the Black Eyed Peas as an opener ANYDAY.
January 7th, 2006 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
bostone wrote:
I'll take motley crue over Maroon 5 or the Black Eyed Peas as an opener ANYDAY.

No...........
January 7th, 2006 01:26 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
bostone wrote:
I'll take motley crue over Maroon 5 or the Black Eyed Peas as an opener ANYDAY.

Why? At least those bands suck on their own merit.

I can't remember any band, except maybe Kiss, that has been around as long as Motley Crue without ever learning how to play their instruments.

I'm LESS embarrased about Mick singing with Timberlake than the Stones being associated with the absolute joke of Motley Crue.
January 7th, 2006 04:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

The Stones need AC/DC or ZZ Top opening the show.
January 7th, 2006 04:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'm LESS embarrased about Mick singing with Timberlake than the Stones being associated with the absolute joke of Motley Crue.

Well...at least the Stones needn't worry much about being upstaged. That's the problem with booking great acts to open for you.

BTW, Motley Crue are coming to Maine in a month or two. I'm not much of a fan of theirs but it might be a night out of the house just for the fuck of it.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 7th, 2006 04:29 PM
Dan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well...at least the Stones needn't worry much about being upstaged. That's the problem with booking great acts to open for you.

BTW, Motley Crue are coming to Maine in a month or two. I'm not much of a fan of theirs but it might be a night out of the house just for the fuck of it.

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner!

So what if they can't play their instruments? They have always been good for a great night out just for the fuck of it.

Not sure whats so sickening about the picture with Charlie other than it appears he isn't a music snob. Must be disappointing.
January 7th, 2006 08:23 PM
mickmask Snuck behind the stage area for zoom pics at Live 8 and had a good opportunity to watch Tommy Lee do his thing. He was on a rotating stool and swung from keyboard to drums several times during the number. Very energetic..very passionate..always smiling.
I'll admit I don't know enough about drumming to say if he was good or not...but he was definitely entertaining.

...and Dr. Feelgood rocked.

mm.
January 8th, 2006 02:14 AM
winter Maybe the black crowes will open up for motley crue opening up for the stones. Or maybe, it will be the black crowes, opening up for oasis, opening up for motely crue, opening up for the Stones. The possibilities are endless. Since it's not high school prom season, the crowes should be available.

wintah,
January 8th, 2006 03:20 AM
ResidentMule when did the black crowes open for oasis?
January 8th, 2006 06:06 AM
corgi37 I think he means they opened the doors of their limos while working as bus boys or whatever you Yanks call them.
January 8th, 2006 09:00 AM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

ooooh! Oooooh! I know the answer to this one!

How about a gay, even-less-talented imitation of Motley Crue???
January 8th, 2006 09:40 AM
winter
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
when did the black crowes open for oasis?

May / June 2001. Before the Robinson brothers took time off to pursue their solo "careers".

wintah
January 8th, 2006 10:13 AM
Jumping Jack Who is opening in Atlanta?
January 8th, 2006 11:34 AM
bostone well, because I liked motley crue when i was a kid, so I would love to see them now just for the hell of it. Sure they are an absolute joke, but it's a joke that makes me laugh. Whereas, Maroon 5 or BEPs just make me want to kill someone.

quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Why? At least those bands suck on their own merit.

I can't remember any band, except maybe Kiss, that has been around as long as Motley Crue without ever learning how to play their instruments.

January 8th, 2006 12:17 PM
Dan
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

It was a co headline tour but the Black Crowes closed the show and Spacehogs opened with about a 30 min set. The 2 headliners played about 75-80 each.
January 8th, 2006 01:17 PM
winter
quote:
Dan wrote:

It was a co headline tour but the Black Crowes closed the show and Spacehogs opened with about a 30 min set. The 2 headliners played about 75-80 each.

The black crowes did not close all of the shows. I believe they rotated. So the Crowes were the opening band 1/2 the time.
January 8th, 2006 02:48 PM
Dan That makes sense since it was a coheadliner. But Black Crowes closed both LA shows even though Oasis is probably bigger in L.A. at least. Noel joined Black Crowes at the end and both of them the 2nd night.
January 8th, 2006 03:22 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

2001 (maybe 2002)...the press had a feild day w/ the "brothers"...the two who don't speak and fight...and the two who don't speak and ROCK!!!
January 8th, 2006 03:30 PM
ResidentMule yeah, actually Oasis was the opener. every night of the tour if I'm not mistaken. shit, imagine something like that haunting you like that 5 years down the road, having Oasis open for you for a 3 month long spring tour (or 'co-headline' if you wan to get technical). talk about being washed up.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)