ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Next tour leg starts in 4 days...predictions??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 5th, 2006 11:44 PM
Paranoid_Android During the last leg(s)...they had a few 7-10 day breaks...after each break they changed the show a tiny bit, however minor...now they have had over 5 weeks to rest...reflect...wine & dine...what do you think they will do differently on this leg?

Setlist-wise...will it be a carbon-copy of the last 40 shows? Will they dump a few warhorses in place of a few less played, but well known songs (hits?)...break out some never before played songs (ala Swayed)...breakout some newer songs (ala Love Is Strong)will they NEVER play SMU ever again, like it has been rumored (final preformance at Toiletbowl, I mean Superbowl XL)...or just Status-Quo?

Thoughts?
January 6th, 2006 12:58 AM
T&A same old same old - no question about it. been no rehearsals, after all.
January 6th, 2006 01:24 AM
pdog 4 days... Damn time flies!
January 6th, 2006 04:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
T&A wrote:
same old same old - no question about it. been no rehearsals, after all.

yep.
Start me up....you got me rocking....you make me shit liquid....
January 6th, 2006 09:43 AM
jb Absolutely no changes....$$ has been made, many venues 1/2 empty , and no desire.................................they will save anything left for Super-Bowl embarrassment.
January 6th, 2006 10:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Absolutely no changes....$$ has been made, many venues 1/2 empty

eh? I thought "we won" ???
January 6th, 2006 10:35 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

We did............and that makes it more palpable for them to coast..wait until Europe- it 'll be like "Dawn of the Dead".

[Edited by jb]
January 6th, 2006 10:39 AM
corgi37 Dont you ever disrespect George A. Romero!!!
January 6th, 2006 10:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

We did............and that makes it more palpable for them to coast..wait until Europe- it 'll be like "Dawn of the Dead".

[Edited by jb]

Jake has been busy "papering" during the break!!!!
January 6th, 2006 10:43 AM
Saint Sway I'm hoping they'll toss in "It Wont Take Long" at one of the MSG shows

also hoping that RFD never ever gets played again

the 2 nights at MSG will be the acid test. If they have an ounce of mercy left in their heartless souls they will vary 4-5 songs between the 2 nights. If they play identical sets with only 2 song changes then we know that they truly no longer give a shit and will be on auto pilot for '06.
January 6th, 2006 10:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL!
January 6th, 2006 12:11 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm hoping they'll toss in "It Wont Take Long" at one of the MSG shows

also hoping that RFD never ever gets played again

the 2 nights at MSG will be the acid test. If they have an ounce of mercy left in their heartless souls they will vary 4-5 songs between the 2 nights. If they play identical sets with only 2 song changes then we know that they truly no longer give a shit and will be on auto pilot for '06.

A rare time when I agree with most of what you've posted. I would like to see RFD at one of the shows but 2 nights of 90%-the-same setlists will make me mad.
January 6th, 2006 12:15 PM
rogerriffin changes will come in MSG shows, and Puerto Rico, Brasil, Argentina and Mexico Shows.

Child of the moon and Out of Time, maybe
January 6th, 2006 12:36 PM
jb
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:
changes will come in MSG shows, and Puerto Rico, Brasil, Argentina and Mexico Shows.

Child of the moon and Out of Time, maybe

No my friend..especially for South America....War Horse =proven winners.
January 6th, 2006 12:53 PM
BILL PERKS I HOPE JOEY GETS 21 LICKS..IF THEY PLAY ANYTHING ELSE THOSE CORNPONES WILL RIOT
January 6th, 2006 01:04 PM
Dan Similiar setlist. Which is fine with me. If you don't like it or act surprised that they play songs their legacy is built on, sell your tickets to someone who truly wants to see the show.
January 6th, 2006 01:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
If you don't like it or act surprised that they play songs their legacy is built on, sell your tickets to someone who truly wants to see the show.

why sell your tickets, when you can have a friend film you burning them?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
January 6th, 2006 01:58 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

or burn it!

Just film it if you do.
January 6th, 2006 01:59 PM
Saint Sway ha ha
January 6th, 2006 03:28 PM
Some Guy Look for SOL to be played, blow up the charts as you rue the day.
January 6th, 2006 03:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Look for SOL to be played, blow up the charts as you rue the day.

I encourage you to read chuck leavells tour diary, as many times it is noted how the band does not want to stray from war horses and requests 'easy shows' now and again
January 6th, 2006 03:31 PM
Some Guy I think your band should try SOL!
January 6th, 2006 03:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I think your band should try SOL!

Sadly, this would clear out the club if we played it...even though I could sing the lyrics and play the acoustic guitar with amazing conviction and vigor!!!
January 6th, 2006 03:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, this would clear out the club if we played it...even though I could sing the lyrics and play the acoustic guitar with amazing conviction and vigor!!!

Do it!! Will you be in Atlanta Feb 8th show?
January 6th, 2006 03:42 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Save it for the last song.
January 6th, 2006 03:44 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Save it for the last song.

A massive Burrito fart ala memphis would equally cause people to "clear out"...maybe even call Homeland Security.
January 6th, 2006 03:45 PM
Some Guy I predict Vince Young goes pro and is the first pick in the draft.
January 6th, 2006 04:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Do it!! Will you be in Atlanta Feb 8th show?

Wife is scheduled to have the baby that week...i will not be able to attend, sadly, i will disappointe many!
January 6th, 2006 04:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Wife is scheduled to have the baby that week...i will not be able to attend, sadly, i will disappointe many!

dude
January 6th, 2006 05:23 PM
kahoosier wow it just hit me as a very scary thought, the earlier post...NO REHEARSALS? Don't they always rehearse after a break? LOL I mean if KR can miss the opening of Brown Sugar in mid tour...what the hell is that first show after the holiday break gonna be like without even freshening up?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)