ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greatest game ever? Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 6th, 2006 10:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Liverpool / Milan AC more recently...

Northern Ireland 1 England 0 even more recently
January 6th, 2006 10:31 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gazza which team is your fav?
I mean a club team...United?
January 6th, 2006 10:34 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Healy for England!!

Healy is a legend! England's performance was piss poor - Northern Ireland deserved it. You better get used to it Gazza you ain't ever gonna beat us again!

But I guess at the end of the world cup this year you'll be able to say "we beat the World Champions"!!!!!
January 6th, 2006 10:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Healy for England!!

Healy is a legend! England's performance was piss poor - Northern Ireland deserved it. You better get used to it Gazza you ain't ever gonna beat us again!

I'll live with it, if thats the case. It was worth waiting for. We only play you every 20 years or so these days anyway (and we're STILl reigning British champions too..)

quote:
But I guess at the end of the world cup this year you'll be able to say "we beat the World Champions"!!!!!

part of me actually wants England to win the World Cup for that reason alone. I think you have the players capable of winning it, but I'm not so sure if you have the coach

[Edited by Gazza]
January 6th, 2006 10:54 AM
jb We don't really enjoy English futbol here in the states. Never caught on. We prefer the hard -hitting, action filled pace of the real game, Football.
January 6th, 2006 10:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Gazza which team is your fav?
I mean a club team...United?

the only club I've ever supported is Linfield, who are my local team in Belfast (and who soon will be champions again for the 46th time). Go to every game home and away, since I was 10, and now I even do the PA music at the home games on matchdays (lots of Stones get played of course)

in England - to a much lesser degree as I dont go and watch them, Manchester United. Like most people where I come from, mostly because of George Best, of course.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 6th, 2006 10:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
We don't really enjoy English futbol here in the states. Never caught on. We prefer the hard -hitting, action filled pace of the real game, Football.

LOL..well youre the only country in the world where it didnt 'catch on' which says something. Maybe Americans are only interested in sports where they either excel at or have invented themselves

Not so sure how American football is 'action filled' when a game lasts about 3 and a half hours, only 1 hour of which features any actual play, but each to their own.
January 6th, 2006 11:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the only club I've ever supported is Linfield, who are my local team in Belfast (and who soon will be champions again for the 46th time). Go to every game home and away, since I was 10, and now I even do the PA music at the home games on matchdays (lots of Stones get played of course)

in England - Manchester United. Like most people where I come from, mostly because of George Best, of course.

thanks Gazza!

in 1991 we(Montpellier) played against United in C2...it was my first european match I was a kid...great players on the pitch anyway: Bruce,Sharpe,Keano was there if Im correct,Robson, Valderrama and Laurent Blanc for us...

United won the game but for our second European Cup wid reached the 1/4 finals.

ps: No way you re gonna win the WC, Brazil is too strong for England (and I don t talk about France LOL )
January 6th, 2006 11:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

thanks Gazza!

in 1991 we(Montpellier) played against United in C2...it was my first european match I was a kid...great players on the pitch anyway: Bruce,Sharpe,Keano was there if Im correct,Robson, Valderrama and Laurent Blanc for us...

United won the game but for our second European Cup wid reached the 1/4 finals.

ps: No way you re gonna win the WC, Brazil is too strong for England (and I don t talk about France LOL )

I dont think Keane joined Man United until about 1993 or 1994. he would still have been at Notts Forest back then.

less of the "you" when it comes to England, please. I'm pretty neutral!
January 6th, 2006 11:09 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

less of the "you" when it comes to England, please. I'm pretty neutral!

ok, you may have swiss blood !
January 6th, 2006 11:52 AM
JaggerLips Strip poker anyone?
January 6th, 2006 11:59 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL..well youre the only country in the world where it didnt 'catch on' which says something. Maybe Americans are only interested in sports where they either excel at or have invented themselves

Not so sure how American football is 'action filled' when a game lasts about 3 and a half hours, only 1 hour of which features any actual play, but each to their own.

I went to a Miami Toros game in the 70's..and George Best did, in fact, play for the Fort Lauderdale strikers briefly. But we all the the greatest futbol player ever wsa Kyle Roach Jr.
January 6th, 2006 03:09 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
We don't really enjoy English futbol here in the states. Never caught on. We prefer the hard -hitting, action filled pace of the real game, Football.

actaully womens soccer both divison 1 and division 2 even more so is quite hard hitting. more yellow cards in divison 2 then i have seen at any level.

but yep the "real football" as played here in the states by men is the only way to fly.

and lotsajazz maybe in lauderdale though for now it looks like last one for us is the 20th this month at msg.
January 6th, 2006 03:12 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

I went to a Miami Toros game in the 70's..and George Best did, in fact, play for the Fort Lauderdale strikers briefly. But we all the the greatest futbol player ever wsa Kyle Roach Jr.

the stadium by airport (for strikers) was lockardt (sp)? was rite next to runway 84 a nice steak and ale house in mid to late 70's.
[Edited by chevysales]
January 6th, 2006 03:12 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL..well youre the only country in the world where it didnt 'catch on' which says something.

yeah...that the rest of the world will settle for the dullest sport on the planet and settle for a 1-0 game most of the time...nice sport to play, sucks to watch and will NEVER catch on in the US

like handgun play will never catch on in England

it's cultural

OK now

Cazart!!!!!
January 6th, 2006 10:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

yeah...that the rest of the world will settle for the dullest sport on the planet and settle for a 1-0 game most of the time...nice sport to play, sucks to watch and will NEVER catch on in the US

which is natural if you have a short span of attention and lose interest if someone doesnt score every couple of moves

a bit like only enjoying orgasm and not being able to appreciate foreplay...
January 6th, 2006 10:55 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:

I DO..I LOVE THE WAY THE CROWDS SING THEIR SONGS,IT'S MUCH MORE INTENSE THAN AMERICAN SOCCER..OF COURSE I LIKE THE NFL BETTER
January 6th, 2006 10:57 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I'm going against the thread title.
It's so historic, it needs to be mentioned.
October 12-20, 2004-American League Championship Series.
Out of seven games, with the Red Sox at the edge of
being swept by the New York Yankess, Red Sox win four straight games.
Biggest loss by a team in professional baseball ever.

quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
Game 7 of 2001 World Series. D-Backs come back against super Mario to beat the damn Yankees. Last night's Texas-USC game was one of the most thrilling college football games ever, taking into account what was at stake. It doesn't hurt that USC lost.

oh yeah, anytime the Yankees lose like dat.
January 6th, 2006 11:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

I DO..I LOVE THE WAY THE CROWDS SING THEIR SONGS,IT'S MUCH MORE INTENSE THAN AMERICAN SOCCER..OF COURSE I LIKE THE NFL BETTER

Intense?

El Salvador and Honduras went to war in 1969 after a World Cup qualifier between the two countries

Thats pretty intense!
January 6th, 2006 11:29 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Intense?

El Salvador and Honduras went to war in 1969 after a World Cup qualifier between the two countries

Thats pretty intense!

See that just proves that us dumb Yanks ain't cultured enough to appreiciate the beauty and complexity of the game.

I did like the movie Bend it Like Beckham though. That Keira Knightley is a little hottie.

Riffy
January 7th, 2006 02:01 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
jb wrote:

Any relation to Kyle Rote Jr.? Neither of him (sic) were in the same class as Pele, Best, and a few others.
January 7th, 2006 09:27 AM
jb
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

Any relation to Kyle Rote Jr.? Neither of him (sic) were in the same class as Pele, Best, and a few others.

Yes...simply the greatest futbol player of all time!!!!!!!!!!!
January 7th, 2006 11:34 AM
Bloozehound da champs

January 8th, 2006 06:28 AM
corgi37 1966 Grand Final between Collingwood and St.Kilda, in which my team (sniff) the Saints (sniff) one by a solitary point to win their one and only flag.

And i was only 3.
January 8th, 2006 07:59 AM
IzzyStradlin Dolphins/Chargers 1982.
January 8th, 2006 09:45 AM
chevysales
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
Dolphins/Chargers 1982.

longest
January 8th, 2006 02:29 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Gazza wrote:

which is natural if you have a short span of attention and lose interest if someone doesnt score every couple of moves

a bit like only enjoying orgasm and not being able to appreciate foreplay...

no, a bit like foreplay with no orgasm(s)

or like valuing form over substance

[Edited by lotsajizz]
January 9th, 2006 08:03 AM
Surround Sister Bandy.
[Edited by Surround Sister]
[Edited by Surround Sister]
January 9th, 2006 08:05 AM
Jumacfly

pride of Montpellier
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)