ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Greatest game ever? Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 5th, 2006 02:33 PM
RollingstonesUSA ESPN is already calling it the greatest game ever played....

Texas def USC
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
January 5th, 2006 02:35 PM
Jumping Jack Graetest game ever? Super Bowl 3.
January 5th, 2006 02:36 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Graetest game ever? Super Bowl 3.

Yes!
January 5th, 2006 02:39 PM
Saint Sway I dont know how you can rate games. But last nights was definately a thrill-a-minute roller coaster ride. Wild game!

HOOK EM HORNS!
January 5th, 2006 03:11 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
ESPN is already calling it the greatest game ever played....

Texas def USC
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]

I thought that only a couple of days ago, ESPN was calling USC the greatest team of all time. Sadly this network has gone rapidly downhill in the last few years- that is unless you enjoy shitty made for tv movies and pathetic man-love for the horribly overrated Vick borthers.
January 5th, 2006 04:11 PM
lotsajizz UM--OSU Fiesta Bowl in Jan '03 was the best college game ever

January 5th, 2006 04:12 PM
glencar 6th game, 1986 WS. Howe sweet it is!
January 5th, 2006 04:43 PM
123454321 Soccer Worldcup 1970
Italy - Germany 4:3
January 5th, 2006 05:06 PM
chevysales
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
UM--OSU Fiesta Bowl in Jan '03 was the best college game ever

that was awesome game...except the late flag for PI against canes during first OT and of course mcgahee's knee... ouch!

wrong winner

how about penn state/noles... kickers!

i always hated pete carrol since he was with jets and did the choke sign after pete stoyonovich (dolphins) missed a field goal in playoffs. for an nfl coach or any coach to do that was classless.

hey after wienart (lienart) was interviewed after game he said "i still think we were the better team" the espn women said to him "thanks vince". now thats was some funny stuff.

seriously that was the single best performance in a national championship by vince young...

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]
January 5th, 2006 05:23 PM
lotsajizz chevysales you are dead on...you are not by chance a 'Cane almunus like JB and myself? (me-class of '86)

January 5th, 2006 05:36 PM
Nellcote I'm going against the thread title.
It's so historic, it needs to be mentioned.
October 12-20, 2004-American League Championship Series.
Out of seven games, with the Red Sox at the edge of
being swept by the New York Yankess, Red Sox win four straight games.
Biggest loss by a team in professional baseball ever.

January 5th, 2006 05:47 PM
pdog how about most recent game ever...
January 5th, 2006 05:53 PM
BILL PERKS IT WAS AWESOME!
January 5th, 2006 05:58 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
chevysales wrote:

that was awesome game...except the late flag for PI against canes during first OT and of course mcgahee's knee... ouch!

wrong winner

i always hated pete carrol since he was with jets and did the choke sign after pete stoyonovich (dolphins) missed a field goal in playoffs. for an nfl coach or any coach to do that was classless.

hey after wienart (lienart) was interviewed after game he said "i still think we were the better team" the espn women said to him "thanks vince". now thats was some funny stuff.

seriously that was the single best performance in a national championship by vince young...

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]

Yes, wienart (lineart) was the biggest crybaby I've ever seen after a game like that, gave no respect to texas, fuck em....
January 5th, 2006 06:39 PM
time is on my side Personally, I thought it was a great game. Very exciting, thrilling stuff.

Hook em Horns!!! Loved the outcome as I was pulling for TEXAS all the way.

However, the game had virtually no defense. The tackling esepcially on the Trojan side of the ball was none existent. Vince Young, while certainly great, was made to seem like superman by a defense that looked like a high school team trying to tackle a player light years ahead of them in talent. Seems to me I don't recall Vince looking like superman against the Ohio State defense. A game which Ohio State dominated and should have won.

Texas defense was almost as bad and, frankly, did everything possible to lose the game except for the last series that USC had the ball. In the second half, Southern Cal had the ball five time and scored touchdowns the first four times.

In short, it was a track meet up and down the field. Highly entertaining, exciting stuff with the fundamentals on defense (like knowing how to tackle someone) thrown out the window.

Hook em Horns!!!
January 5th, 2006 07:57 PM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

wrong winner

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]

I was at that game,Carrol still a dick and Leinart a cry-bay ala Ryan leaf....The best game..Miami/Kansas City, Miami/San Diego, Miami/Chicago Bears, All 5 Miami National Championship wins and stolen one against Ohio state...........
January 5th, 2006 10:04 PM
keefjunkie super mario brothers
January 5th, 2006 10:48 PM
Egbert USA over Russia @ Lake Placid
January 5th, 2006 11:14 PM
Stonesthrow Game 7 of 2001 World Series. D-Backs come back against super Mario to beat the damn Yankees. Last night's Texas-USC game was one of the most thrilling college football games ever, taking into account what was at stake. It doesn't hurt that USC lost.
January 6th, 2006 01:08 AM
drno12
quote:
123454321 wrote:
Soccer Worldcup 1970
Italy - Germany 4:3

Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A hell of a game!!
drno12
January 6th, 2006 05:48 AM
Moonisup Holland-Argentina 1978
Holland-W-germany 1988
January 6th, 2006 05:52 AM
drno12
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Holland-Argentina 1978
Holland-W-germany 1988

How about Germany - Holland 1974 ????? :-)
January 6th, 2006 06:05 AM
Jumacfly Liverpool / Milan AC more recently...
January 6th, 2006 06:34 AM
Zeeta http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4581374.stm

Read and weep - Football, the one where you use your feet, is easily the greatest game to play AND watch. Scientifically proven!

Yes AC Milan Vs Liverpool FC was one of the best ever!

Come backs, 7 goals, beautiful goals and then penalties!
[Edited by Zeeta]
January 6th, 2006 06:38 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4581374.stm

Read and weep - Football, the one where you use your feet, is easily the greatest game to play AND watch. Scientifically proven!

funny to read Zeeta.

I sincerely hope Leeds will come back to the top, like my dear Montpellier SC!!

cheers
JU
January 6th, 2006 07:19 AM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Holland-Argentina 1978
Holland-W-germany 1988

Rik my friend, what about Germany - Holland 1990??
or 1974?

January 6th, 2006 07:57 AM
chevysales
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
chevysales you are dead on...you are not by chance a 'Cane almunus like JB and myself? (me-class of '86)

no but both my kids went and 1 still there (eldest just graduated).

mom has worked their for like 33 years and i was born and raised in pompano... until i met my wife and ended up here in the cold.

[Edited by chevysales]
January 6th, 2006 08:13 AM
lotsajizz I left UM for the wife as well...back to colder climes

We should greet each other 3-12?

January 6th, 2006 09:10 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

funny to read Zeeta.

I sincerely hope Leeds will come back to the top, like my dear Montpellier SC!!

cheers
JU

Thanks Ju! We're not doin too badly at the moment 3rd and 4 wins on the trot! Still we're in the wrong league!

Montpellier SC - good luck.

I have a vision...Leeds Utd and Montpellier SC will meet in the 2007 Champions League Final! (3-3, Leeds win 6-5 on penalties!)
January 6th, 2006 09:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Thanks Ju! We're not doin too badly at the moment 3rd and 4 wins on the trot! Still we're in the wrong league!

Montpellier SC - good luck.

I have a vision...Leeds Utd and Montpellier SC will meet in the 2007 Champions League Final! (3-3, Leeds win 6-5 on penalties!)

Excellent !!!
and the Stones will be there on half time for sure!!
see ya mate!
jU
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)