ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Da Vinci Code (NSC) Return to archive
January 5th, 2006 10:53 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Well I was bought this book for Christmas by my girlfriend. Being the type of guy who only really enjoys reading music biographies, I wasnt too sure about it. But I was very suprised. It is a truly fantastic read wether you believe its story or not.

I would reccomend it to anybody and would welcome others who have read it to share their opinion.
January 5th, 2006 11:23 AM
egon i read it. it's ok, but the man is NOT a great writer.

i reall don't understand what the hype was/is all about.
guess it was more about the topic, than the book itself...

i also read his other book (forgot the title)
about the vatican. it had the same twists as vinci code.

easy reading, nothing more, but maybe a little bit less.
January 5th, 2006 11:53 AM
Ihavelotsajam Angels & Demons
January 5th, 2006 01:49 PM
egon indeed!
January 5th, 2006 07:16 PM
highwire I read Angels and Demons first. Not bad but kinda stupid. Then I read his other two, Deception Point and Digital Fortress which I thought were quite good. Finally read DV Code. Probably the worst book I've ever read. Could he have written a lamer male lead. Two old wankers leading the hip chick around by the nose. "Well actually Sophie" said Langdon, the woman trapped in a man's body, for about the hundreth time.
And that snot nose Brown made fun of Mick being a knight.Brown probably listens to U2. The Stones would scare the crap out of him. Book finishes with Brown blubbering over his discovery of "sacred feminine". What a wussy. I'd like to blast Star Star or Respectable in his face. He'd run screaming, sexist, sexist. Ha Ha Ha.
Sorry I thought the book was real lame and I'm pissed I wasted my time reading it.

January 5th, 2006 07:57 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Angels & Demons

I preferred this one also over The Da Vinci Code.

If anyone wants a good read, I suggest "The Romanov Prophecy" by Steve Berry ---> a real page turner.
January 6th, 2006 07:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
highwire wrote:
I read Angels and Demons first. Not bad but kinda stupid. Then I read his other two, Deception Point and Digital Fortress which I thought were quite good. Finally read DV Code. Probably the worst book I've ever read. Could he have written a lamer male lead. Two old wankers leading the hip chick around by the nose. "Well actually Sophie" said Langdon, the woman trapped in a man's body, for about the hundreth time.
And that snot nose Brown made fun of Mick being a knight.Brown probably listens to U2. The Stones would scare the crap out of him. Book finishes with Brown blubbering over his discovery of "sacred feminine". What a wussy. I'd like to blast Star Star or Respectable in his face. He'd run screaming, sexist, sexist. Ha Ha Ha.
Sorry I thought the book was real lame and I'm pissed I wasted my time reading it.

I gather, you didnt like it then?
January 6th, 2006 08:14 AM
lotsajizz perhaps the most poorly written bestseller in modern times

January 6th, 2006 09:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge well i like it, so there
January 6th, 2006 09:19 PM
prism The movie is being made. I think Tom Hanks is in it
January 7th, 2006 12:36 AM
highwire I'm sure the movie will suck as bad as the book.
Actually Dan Brown was right about one thing.All that sacred feminine crap, if you play it right, it can get you laid. A lot of chicks eat up that shit. Brown's target audience for this book was gullible women.
January 8th, 2006 04:49 AM
caro I just finished reading it, and kinda liked it. Much better than the other earth-shaking-conspiracy books I've been forced to read over the years. But still, it's annoying never to know which of his "historical facts" you can believe and which are rubbish. And I agree with some of the above posts : it's awfully written.
-Do you think this could be...
-Sophie, this is a code!
-You're kidding me!
-No, look, these pieces fit together perfectly!
-Are you serious?
-Dead serious.
-OMG!
-Yes, this is a...
Meanwhile, at the Rome airport, some kind of priest was enjoying a caffe latte with plenty of sugar.
January 9th, 2006 02:04 AM
glencar I read in Newsweek that the chapters are really short. That sounds like James Patterson's books. I read one of his & that was enough. I'll skip this Dan Brown guy. Does he make fun of Mick in the bestseller or an earlier book?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)