ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone Jimi? Return to archive
January 4th, 2006 03:09 PM
Dick Bush
Jimi and Keef messing backstage. Not a single tune, but what an eye comfort!

http://www.youtube.com/player.swf?video_id=8gnpz0rUcZM&l=80
January 4th, 2006 04:02 PM
keefjunkie thats cool...

jimi's white strat was actually keefs
January 4th, 2006 04:09 PM
Gimme Shelter Cool, thanks for posting.
January 4th, 2006 04:20 PM
speedfreakjive Brilliant stuff, I can't quite decipher what they're saying, domething about a dinner party, and something on the coast?
January 5th, 2006 08:14 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Brilliant stuff, I can't quite decipher what they're saying, domething about a dinner party, and something on the coast?

It must have been some small, cheap talk - it's the body language telling the novels there! Nobody ever baffled Keef that much - it seems to me it was a deep, affectionate, mutual love on the first glance.

Jimi is now thundering in Walhala - and his mate Keef is starring in a daytime soap opera, selling some wine online, and that just aint right.

January 6th, 2006 11:37 AM
souldoggie Keith is asking Jimi if he's seen Linda Keith around lately. Jimi laughs and says "no" and then asks if Keith has. Keith says "no" and they both laugh.

Keith was always pretty cool about the summer of '66 afair that Jimi had with Keith's high-fashion model girlfriend, Linda Keith. She accompanied Keith over in June, 1966 for the Stones tour. He put her up a New York hotel while he toured the states. While Keith was away, the mice did play. She ended up hanging with Jimi that summer and, at one point, even lent him one of Keith's Stratocasters for an audtion that Jimi had. Of course, it was Linda who got Chas Chandler of the Animals to go with her and see Jimi. The rest as they say is history.

I suppose Keith could of held a grudge against Jimi, but never did. He did hold a grudge against Linda, however. Keith even got Linda's parents involved. It's hilarious the stories Linda Keith has about that '66 break-up. After that summer, when the Stones tour was over, Linda and Keith have never seen or spoken to each other since.
January 6th, 2006 12:07 PM
souldoggie Actually, it was Jimi who asked about Linda first. Keith says he hasn't seen her, then asks Jimi if he has. He says "no" and they both crack up.
January 6th, 2006 01:34 PM
speedfreakjive Very interesting and quality post Souldoggie.
January 6th, 2006 04:14 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
Actually, it was Jimi who asked about Linda first. Keith says he hasn't seen her, then asks Jimi if he has. He says "no" and they both crack up.

Well, that's funny, that's really killing me!!! Isn't the globe a village? Keef gets fucked up from some poor nobody -and it happened to be the lickin Jimi

I thought I see two enchanted sweethearts, - what there's going on, the horned guy is talking with the wrongdoer, full of bad conscience, avoiding eye contact... heh!

Now I know what really inspired Jimi for making his anthem - and that's a very, very bad background!

Jimi licking what he licked best:

http://www.youtube.com/player.swf?video_id=tgHQB8Lr-LQ&l=203&fs=1&title=Jimi+Hendrix---Hey+Joe

BTW, how in the whole world have you heard all the stuff they were talking?
January 6th, 2006 04:57 PM
souldoggie I'm a big Hendrix fan. I read a transcript of their conversation backstage at MSG just a month or so ago. I believe it was in a back issue of that great Hendrix fanzine "Univibes".

There was also an interview in that "Univibes" issue with Linda Keith. She talked about how her parents had her admitted to a hospital in London at the end of the summer of '66 for dependency, etc.
That I already knew.

What I didn't know, was her claim that Keith, pissed off as hell at her, kept up a period of torment by leaving her messages about what a stupid bitch she was, etc. For some reason that rings true to me. After all, Linda was all of 19 years old....while her older boyfriend, Keith, was the ripe old age of 23.
January 7th, 2006 10:36 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
I'm a big Hendrix fan. I read a transcript of their conversation backstage at MSG just a month or so ago. I believe it was in a back issue of that great Hendrix fanzine "Univibes".

There was also an interview in that "Univibes" issue with Linda Keith. She talked about how her parents had her admitted to a hospital in London at the end of the summer of '66 for dependency, etc.
That I already knew.

What I didn't know, was her claim that Keith, pissed off as hell at her, kept up a period of torment by leaving her messages about what a stupid bitch she was, etc. For some reason that rings true to me. After all, Linda was all of 19 years old....while her older boyfriend, Keith, was the ripe old age of 23.

Well,

The chick cheated him not with some handsome guy, but with someone who was exactly that what he was hard working to be.

It must have been a double pain in the butt for Keef - he knew in the first second what Mr. Jimi was all about. Besides, it was the time when Lennon knocked out his first wife for dancing with some guy!

He better kept that smart chick!

Regards,

Dick
January 7th, 2006 09:55 PM
kath is charlie shirtless there???

gurgle.....
January 8th, 2006 02:41 AM
Navin [quote]Dick Bush wrote:
Besides, it was the time when Lennon knocked out his first wife for dancing with some guy!

Was this the inspiration for Bowie's "John, I'm only Dancing"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)