ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Negrita appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 3rd, 2006 07:34 PM
texile i always thought it was claudia lennear, the ike-ette mick fondled for years; of course - jagger would never tell us who it was.....
January 3rd, 2006 07:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl According to Bill Wyman it as partially inspired by Claudia Linnear

January 4th, 2006 04:14 AM
gypsy From what I've read, Brown Sugar is about both heroin and sex with black chicks.

I've also read that "Hey, Negrita" is about Bianca...that Mick used to call her "Negrita" because of her dark skin.
January 4th, 2006 05:23 AM
bon jovi In actual fact the song was inspired by and affectionately dedicated to Billy Preston. The original title was "Hey negrito" and was changed after Mick and Billy's break up in 1977.
January 4th, 2006 06:02 PM
JaggerLips Hey Negrita! Thanks Ronnie Wood who inspired it! Such a gem of a song!
January 4th, 2006 06:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
From what I've read, Brown Sugar is about both heroin and sex with black chicks.

I've also read that "Hey, Negrita" is about Bianca...that Mick used to call her "Negrita" because of her dark skin.

Riiiight!

Hey Negrita. It's a compliment. I mean, it's not a put down. I mean, what's the problem, the Hey part? No, I think hey will get past. What, you think colored people won't like it? Well... only the most sensitive ones. It's about South Americans, that's just what you say, you know? You say, hey negrita... one negri... negrota... you say to a lady one, a lady negress... hey negrita! In fact, it's been done, been said to my old lady (Bianca de Macias), you see? - - - Mick Jagger (from http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOHeyNegrita.html thans Ian)
January 4th, 2006 06:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
Hey Negrita! Thanks Ronnie Wood who inspired it! Such a gem of a song!

riiiight!!

That number came about from Keith and I in a hotel, you know... idea swaps. And it eventually came around to, What was that one you were working on, Woody? So I thought, Oh, great, here's my chance. I immediately made up this riff. - - - Ronnie Wood

Check this great quotes from Ian's website

http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOHeyNegrita.html
January 4th, 2006 06:32 PM
texile yeah, ronnie's a hot latina piece of ass...
it is a compliment - like saying 'mm-mm'
January 4th, 2006 06:36 PM
speedfreakjive Since we're on Black 'n' Blue, i'm tempted to start a "Hand of Fate" appreciation thread. For me, its as good, if not better than anything on IORR.
"he shot me once, but I shot him twice"
January 4th, 2006 07:05 PM
gypsymofo60 I've always said it. THE most underated Stones song and album. Critics never got it, alot Stones detractors missed the point completely, and even some of those fucking boring Stones fans who want JJF, HTW and satisfaction re-released every year missed the point too. I think it became a kind of rock chic after Goats Head Soup to dis The Stones at every oppurtunity. All that Nick Kent trying to be Johnny Rotten mentality. Now it's time has passed, except for those fans who know what's good and what's shit.
January 4th, 2006 07:07 PM
texile that's a good one too - but crazy mama kicks its ass slightly with that sreaming, growling vocal -
when was the last time he sang like that?
January 4th, 2006 07:19 PM
texile
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
I've always said it. THE most underated Stones song and album. Critics never got it, alot Stones detractors missed the point completely, and even some of those fucking boring Stones fans who want JJF, HTW and satisfaction re-released every year missed the point too. I think it became a kind of rock chic after Goats Head Soup to dis The Stones at every oppurtunity. All that Nick Kent trying to be Johnny Rotten mentality. Now it's time has passed, except for those fans who know what's good and what's shit.

MOFO! excellent post!
right before i read your post i was thinking about that exact point! i was thinking how cool it was that a group of stones fans are indulging in a long thread about how great hey negrita is....it's justice for all those years of feeling left out of the traditional stones fan orbit.
i got into the stones in 79...i was a kid - and all through the 80s all i heard was how the 70s stones sucked -i fucking HATED that! i remember a poll in creem magazine around 81 - and hey negrita was on the list for one of the LEAST favorite stones song...i thought "who ARE these people?" i knew one day - this music would be appreciated....
you're right mofo - that was a different generation of old-fart-ELITEST stones fans who were stuck in one groove - the stones as they imagined them. i remember thinking i must be lame for loving songs like hey negrita, fool to cry etc....but now i realize i was a REAL fan.
January 4th, 2006 08:42 PM
CraigP I listened to it on my reel to reel last night.
When I first heard it I thought the lyrics, which I could barely understand, were about Mick whoring himself to a little boy. Or something. :/~
January 4th, 2006 09:09 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
texile wrote:

MOFO! excellent post!
right before i read your post i was thinking about that exact point! i was thinking how cool it was that a group of stones fans are indulging in a long thread about how great hey negrita is....it's justice for all those years of feeling left out of the traditional stones fan orbit.
i got into the stones in 79...i was a kid - and all through the 80s all i heard was how the 70s stones sucked -i fucking HATED that! i remember a poll in creem magazine around 81 - and hey negrita was on the list for one of the LEAST favorite stones song...i thought "who ARE these people?" i knew one day - this music would be appreciated....
you're right mofo - that was a different generation of old-fart-ELITEST stones fans who were stuck in one groove - the stones as they imagined them. i remember thinking i must be lame for loving songs like hey negrita, fool to cry etc....but now i realize i was a REAL fan.

No man, you weren't lame. You had taste. It was others who were jaded. The 70s was a great period for The Stones.
January 5th, 2006 12:58 AM
Bloozehound I've never understood why a Stones fan wouldn't love anything from the golden era, that era had soul and it rocked, particularly the Black n Blue album, some of their most experimental and rewarding music can all be found there, Hey Negritas a balls out, funky jam from this era

http://www.youtube.com/w/Rolling-Stones---Hot-Stuff-%26-Hey-Negrita-%5B1976%5D?v=Xd0AFdZhwEk&search=rolling%20stones

[Edited by Bloozehound]
January 5th, 2006 07:14 AM
Jair
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Riiiight!

Many thanks Voodoo for clarify it. I knew that Bon Jovi guy (jdesq again?) -- was saying crap again.

NegritO my ASS -- Come and check! At max you'll see a dark blue ass!

January 5th, 2006 07:49 AM
axl79
quote:
Jair wrote:
Many thanks Voodoo for clarify it. I knew that Bon Jovi guy (jdesq again?) -- was saying crap again.

That what I think too ! thnx Jair
and agree that B&B is a great piece of work!
January 5th, 2006 09:17 AM
bon jovi It seems that my innofensive comment have struck a cord with a pair of laid back, easy going south american dudes. Howe funny!
Whatever happened to your sense of humour, guys?
Please, check out the video.

January 5th, 2006 12:12 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

riiiight!!

That number came about from Keith and I in a hotel, you know... idea swaps. And it eventually came around to, What was that one you were working on, Woody? So I thought, Oh, great, here's my chance. I immediately made up this riff. - - - Ronnie Wood

Check this great quotes from Ian's website

http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOHeyNegrita.html

GOTTA LOVE RONNIE EVEN TODAY AS A PHILATELIST! ;-)

Now where is Joey with that's what I called POSTIN'!?
January 5th, 2006 12:14 PM
speedfreakjive I see you're in Liverpool JL? me too, where do you reside in THE music city?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 5th, 2006 12:19 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I see you're in Liverpool JL? me too, where do you reside in THE music city?

You've got PM with my answer!

"Scousers here, Scousers there Scousers here and everywhere la la la la la la la la la pass and move it's the Liverpool groove"
January 5th, 2006 12:32 PM
speedfreakjive lol!!

"and the fireman rushes in, from the pouring rain, very strange"

January 5th, 2006 02:17 PM
texile liverpool - that's amazing......
are you a beatle fan or detractor?
January 5th, 2006 02:24 PM
speedfreakjive You've asked me before, and, yes I do like the Beatles, Abbey Road is my fave.
January 5th, 2006 03:55 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
lol!!

"and the fireman rushes in, from the pouring rain, very strange"

"Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes there beneath the blue suburban skies"

"she died in a dirt in an alleyway, her mother said she had no chance, no chance"
January 5th, 2006 10:03 PM
texile yeah, i have asked you haven't i?
oh well, worth mentioning again.
January 5th, 2006 11:54 PM
Paranoid_Android Love it!!!
January 6th, 2006 12:39 AM
Egbert
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Since we're on Black 'n' Blue, i'm tempted to start a "Hand of Fate" appreciation thread. For me, its as good, if not better than anything on IORR.
"he shot me once, but I shot him twice"

I very much appreciate HOF (and B&B). IORR never did much for me - some good tunes but overall it seems stale whereas with B&B the boys are moving in a new direction.
January 9th, 2006 07:30 AM
Jair
quote:
bon jovi wrote:
It seems that my innofensive comment have struck a cord with a pair of laid back, easy going south american dudes. Howe funny!
Whatever happened to your sense of humour, guys?
Please, check out the video.

Hey bon jovi, I thought it was a very good humor reply.
What video?

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)