ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Negrita appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 30th, 2005 04:53 PM
BILL PERKS FUNKY ASS RIFF
December 30th, 2005 05:30 PM
CraigP A negrita is a dark-skinned woman I beleive. Someone mentioned some details of th e meaning on a thread about this song a few months ago. They mentioned something about calling his (ex) wife a negrita or something to that effect.
December 30th, 2005 05:58 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

please buy him a guiness for me, i will send you a check for $6.75 USD

In a NYC bar? Shouldn't be that much...
December 30th, 2005 06:49 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

In a NYC bar? Shouldn't be that much...

Pug, will you be posting a donation thread after the 1/6/06 finale?????????????????????????????? Keep the $6.75..you may need it(see "Elevation, "VertigO: "Joshua Trees", etc).
December 30th, 2005 06:52 PM
glencar Puggy is quitting the band?
December 31st, 2005 07:59 AM
Jair
quote:
CraigP wrote:
A negrita is a dark-skinned woman I beleive. Someone mentioned some details of th e meaning on a thread about this song a few months ago. They mentioned something about calling his (ex) wife a negrita or something to that effect.

You believe right. Negrita is the diminutive form to the word "negra", and might be also a sweet way to call a woman dark-skinned.
December 31st, 2005 09:40 AM
no night together hey negrita is a bit like this trhead: pretending to be superficial but in reality funny and wit.
December 31st, 2005 04:12 PM
Jair
quote:
no night together wrote:
hey negrita is a bit like this trhead: pretending to be superficial but in reality funny and wit.

Wow. That definition is so fucking deep!
December 31st, 2005 04:20 PM
axl79
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
The name of the negrita on the song is "Concepción" as Mick sings "Hey Conchita" and Conchita is a short for Concepción, in fact nobody calls Concepción a woman with that name, all say Concha or Conchita.

That is not Spanish but SPANGLISH btw

Not in Argentina you don´t ....
December 31st, 2005 07:17 PM
axl79 Well , It´s easy ...
Mick wrote "Brown Sugar" and a couple of years later "Hej Negrita" , he married Bianca and now he's dating a Brazilian model. I think he is weak for Brown sugars.
December 31st, 2005 07:42 PM
glencar And Marsha Hunt in the early 70's...
December 31st, 2005 07:54 PM
Egbert And (at least one) of the Ikettes...
December 31st, 2005 08:27 PM
glencar And a Ronette too.
December 31st, 2005 08:40 PM
texile
quote:
axl79 wrote:
Well , It´s easy ...
Mick wrote "Brown Sugar" and a couple of years later "Hej Negrita" , he married Bianca and now he's dating a Brazilian model. I think he is weak for Brown sugars.

hey axl, i like your moniker - that was my name on a kennedy board......
and yes, jagger has a sweet tooth for black and latin women - makes me proud...
January 1st, 2006 02:04 PM
axl79 I'm glad you like it, texile-
How about the Brown sugars onstage since the 1989 tours ...
January 2nd, 2006 12:33 AM
texile funny you mention that -
my friend gave me a solo jagger dvd from 93, the wandering spirit show at webster hall ...
and the first thing that struck me were his backup singers...
three WHITE chicks!
January 2nd, 2006 02:19 PM
axl79 Well , that was disappointing ;-)
January 2nd, 2006 02:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl First was Marsha before Bianca. He's weak for white, black, brownies, oriental and all kind of moving females

BTW; Brown Sugar was written and debuted in 1969 while Hey Negrita was written and recorded in 1975 and released & debuted in 1976 so it's not a "couple of years" at all, but six years later

As far as I remember Brown sugar stands for brown heroin, not for Jade Jagger as rumoured. If you see the lyrics it does not makes sense.
January 2nd, 2006 03:06 PM
Jair
quote:

As far as I remember Brown sugar stands for brown heroin, not for Jade Jagger as rumoured. If you see the lyrics it does not makes sense.

Smart ass
As far as I remember too, is about the heroin carryied from Mexico to US. Mexico was known by his brown heroin in the sixties or before, given, thus, the name song...

How are you, cabron? VERY WELL, I hope!!!

January 2nd, 2006 05:52 PM
bon jovi Crappy little song.
A yet, a million times better than anything off A Bigger Turd.
January 2nd, 2006 06:52 PM
texile
quote:
First was Marsha before Bianca. He's weak for white, black, brownies, oriental and all kind of moving females

BTW; Brown Sugar was written and debuted in 1969 while Hey Negrita was written and recorded in 1975 and released & debuted in 1976 so it's not a "couple of years" at all, but six years later

i thought brown sugar was for claudia lennear....
not heroin of any ethnicity.
makes sense - jagger is far more motivated by sex than drugs.
and in negrita, you can actually hear jagger scream, 'cmon bianca..' somewhere before the fade.
and axl - yes that WAS dissapointing - they looked like those backup singers from lynard skynard.....
January 2nd, 2006 09:10 PM
speedfreakjive According to Mick in the Jump Back liner notes Brown Sugar is about "the dual combination of drugs and girls"
January 3rd, 2006 04:41 PM
blackandblue
quote:
bon jovi wrote:
Crappy little song.
A yet, a million times better than anything off A Bigger Turd.

A Bigger Turd is that the new Bon Jovi album? Glad I missed it!
January 3rd, 2006 05:04 PM
sirfito A great song from a great album: I agree totally.
I remember a summer in Búzios (Brasil) where a travelled a lot of times (it's my favorite place to go) and worked sometimes as DJ in "Chez Michou" always played Hey Negrita and Hot Stuff. The People really love it. An me too, of course!
I don't played pop stuff, just r&r, r&b, blues, soul, reggae, brazilian music and so...
Hey Negrita still one of my favorites Stones songs ever!
All the best,
Fito
January 3rd, 2006 05:50 PM
axl79
quote:

Thnx for helping clarify the dates, that was a couple of years for me

quote:

OK Wonderland , what is these then ...

"Ah, get it on brown sugar, how come you taste so good, babe?
Ah, got me feelin' now for brown sugar, just like a black girl should yeah"

or

"Brown sugar how come you taste so good, babe?
Ah, brown sugar just like a young girl should, yeah "

I'm still missing somthing ?

January 3rd, 2006 06:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, none of those portions stand for Jade Jagger,or brownies.

Just after they wrote, it Mick was asked in 1969 about it saying "about a woman who screws one of her black servants

If you want to read more about it from a reliable source (in fact he is quoting word by word the stones talking about Brown Sugar) check this sit out http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOBrown.html
January 3rd, 2006 06:11 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Yes, none of those portions stand for Jade Jagger,or brownies.

Just after they wrote, it Mick was asked in 1969 about it saying "about a woman who screws one of her black servants

If you want to read more about it from a reliable source (in fact he is quoting word by word the stones talking about Brown Sugar) check this sit out http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOBrown.html

Why would it have been about Jade Jagger voodoo, with all due respect, she wasn't born or conceived at the time of Brown Sugar's creation.
January 3rd, 2006 06:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Why would it have been about Jade Jagger voodoo, with all due respect, she wasn't born or conceived at the time of Brown Sugar's creation.

Exactly, that is exactly what I'm saying speefreak, in the past there was a rumour about it, BS about Jade which is absurd as the song was written in Australia in 1969 and Jade was born October 1971.

January 3rd, 2006 07:20 PM
texile
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

not only that - but wouldn't that be kind of gross to write something like that about an infant child?
January 3rd, 2006 07:25 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:

not only that - but wouldn't that be kind of gross to write something like that about an infant child?

absolutely. I heard the possibility that the song could be about Marsha Hunt, who is a "negrita", but that again is premature, cos Mick was still with Marriane at the time.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)