ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Negrita appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 29th, 2005 12:29 PM
Jair So, what do you think guys? I started to listen Rolling Stones after have heard this tune on a radio station from Porto Alegre city, down here in Brazil.

I think still its a great tune. Wild, hot, great guitars, and I love the Mick lead vocal, you almost can't understand anything...

Imo, a true classic, not a classic classic, but a different kind of classic, you know what I mean?...and is also so 1976, isn't? I know it has been recorded before, but its 76 to me!
December 29th, 2005 12:31 PM
Martha I dig the hell out of Negrita! And I fully appreciate the thread!

xxoo,
Martha
December 29th, 2005 12:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...and the name of the Negrita is....?
December 29th, 2005 01:02 PM
Jair
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
...and the name of the Negrita is....?

Man, this is a mystery to me since then!
I'd love to know. TELL ME!!!

Look Gerardo, I used to call Adri as "Negrita", but one day she thought I was really saying "conchita", which, in Spanish, is something like...well, you know. In Portuguese we call "bucetinha"

December 29th, 2005 01:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The name of the negrita on the song is "Concepción" as Mick sings "Hey Conchita" and Conchita is a short for Concepción, in fact nobody calls Concepción a woman with that name, all say Concha or Conchita.

That is not Spanish but SPANGLISH btw
December 29th, 2005 01:26 PM
Martha Voodoo....I am remiss.....I have not told you lately that I LOVE and appreciate YOU!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooo,
Martha
December 29th, 2005 01:30 PM
glencar Any links to any "Conception"s?
December 29th, 2005 02:01 PM
ListenToTheLion A GREAT SONG
BLACK AND BLUE: A GREAT ALBUM

with thanks to Bill Perks
December 29th, 2005 02:35 PM
gustavobala just a momentita.....
December 29th, 2005 02:37 PM
Nellcote Davy Conception used to play for the Reds, I think '75?
December 29th, 2005 02:38 PM
glencar Champs!
December 29th, 2005 03:38 PM
Bruno Stone Great intro
December 29th, 2005 03:48 PM
Saint Sway Hey Negrita is a good song.
December 29th, 2005 03:51 PM
gimmekeef Yes..a true hidden gem...though perhaps a tad too long imho...
December 29th, 2005 06:53 PM
Soldatti A great song from a funny and fresh album.
December 29th, 2005 07:11 PM
Col Fan-fucking-tastic!!!!

Black and Blue captures a mood and I'm off to capture it inoo! Tooo easy to neglect this beauty, what with Sticky, Bleed and Exile satisfying our musical needs. Reggae on!
December 29th, 2005 09:10 PM
Some Guy Dude
December 29th, 2005 11:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Martha wrote:
Voodoo....I am remiss.....I have not told you lately that I LOVE and appreciate YOU!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooo,
Martha

Wow Martha... I love you too, what a pity I won't meet you @ MSG but sooner or later
December 29th, 2005 11:38 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Wow Martha... I love you too, what a pity I won't meet you @ MSG but sooner or later

you're not going.........wow!!!!!!!!!!!! This is unexpected and disappointing............we shall never neet. Take care!!!
December 29th, 2005 11:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

you're not going.........wow!!!!!!!!!!!! This is unexpected and disappointing............we shall never neet. Take care!!!

Now you see why I am not attending...in times past folks would travel from far and wide.....
December 29th, 2005 11:45 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Now you see why I am not attending...in times past folks would travel from far and wide.....

Gazza is coming from Great Britain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall never neet Voodoo or Jaxx...but Gazza will be greeted!!!!!!!!!!
December 29th, 2005 11:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Gazza is coming from Great Britain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall never neet Voodoo or Jaxx...but Gazza will be greeted!!!!!!!!!!

please buy him a guiness for me, i will send you a check for $6.75 USD
December 29th, 2005 11:51 PM
jb I alwasy liked him the best......I think he "gets it". I shall buy him many drinks and you need not reimburse..I astill make 7 times what you do.
December 29th, 2005 11:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I alwasy liked him the best......I think he "gets it". I shall buy him many drinks and you need not reimburse..I astill make 7 times what you do.

Please post your income at age 28

It would be an honor to buy Gazza a drink
December 30th, 2005 12:03 AM
mark I really love the bridge on Negrita. Breaks up the funk groove really nice then slides back into it. Brilliant!
December 30th, 2005 05:29 AM
Jair
quote:
mark wrote:
I really love the bridge on Negrita. Breaks up the funk groove really nice then slides back into it. Brilliant!

Agree, love the bridge too!!! And then Charlie comes like a train and Mick scream like a bitch...wonderful. All of good is there.

December 30th, 2005 11:03 AM
Chuck Hey Negrita---one of my favorites!
December 30th, 2005 11:34 AM
Maxlugar Great song brought down only by it's ball shrivling video containing the infamous dance with Mick and Billy Preston.

It's the Stones Brokeback Mountain.

December 30th, 2005 11:40 AM
pdog

The Stones homo-erotic style is a good thing...
December 30th, 2005 03:55 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Jair wrote:

Mick scream like a bitch

Word!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)