ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

© Jill Furmanovsky
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let's get serious....THE DRINKING THREAD!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 13th, 2005 05:37 PM
Joey " Tried my first Irish car bomb the other night. "

Jaggerbomb ?!?!?!
October 13th, 2005 05:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Tried my first Irish car bomb the other night. "

Jaggerbomb ?!?!?!

NO! They are two different drinks. Irish Car Bomb is a shot of Jamison dropped into a pint of Guiness (am i correct?) and a Jaegerbomb is Jaeger and Red Bull
October 13th, 2005 08:28 PM
LadyJane You are right Pug...but I do believe there is Bailey's involved as well.

2 pages on the Drinking Thread in one day.

That's the spirit.....we here at RO have a reputation to maintain.

LJ.

PS..About to make A Jim Beam and Coke.

[Edited by LadyJane]
October 13th, 2005 08:38 PM
Riffhard An Irish Carbomb is a shot of Jamison and Bailys 1/2 and 1/2. Mixed with two thirds pint of Guinness. It is a complete and utter waste of Guinness. Why anyone would polute Guinny that way is a crying shame! There outta be a law or something.

Now I could see ordering a pint of Guinness and a shot of Jamison. You can leave the pansy assed Bailys behind the bar!

I am visably shaken by this whole Irish Carbomb trend. It makes all of us "true" Guinness drinkers look bad.

Riffy
October 13th, 2005 09:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Light up a beer
Originally published on Thursday, October 13

Germans may start drinking beer from ashtrays soon.

They might as well.

A German company, Nautilus, has come up with a beverage that combines two vices — drinking and smoking.

It is a beer with nicotine, and it is called, appropriately enough, NicoShot.

Company executives said the brew is designed to help smokers quit, according to the Daily Telegraph of Sydney, Australia.

“While NicoShot can lessen cravings, it is not a ‘cure’ for smoking,” according to a company statement. “But it can help you make changes in your lifestyle without having to walk out of the bar for a quick smoke to deal with sudden withdrawal systems.”

The officials did not say if they are trying to develop a cigarette with an ale flavor to help beer drinkers kick that habit.

San Antonio Express-News

October 13th, 2005 10:50 PM
T&A just don't call it an Irish Carbomb in Ireland (they don't there).
October 14th, 2005 03:01 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Last night, I was called by an old friend who I havent seen for a very long time. We went for a drink in a local boozer and then on to a trendy little bar. I didnt fancy any cocktails, so I just had a pint and a few shots of tequila.
Because my friend was on the cocktails, he was finnishing his drinks before I could get anywhere near my pint, so every time he ordered a cocktail, I had a tequila...Bad idea

I must have done about 20 shots of the stuff
October 14th, 2005 05:07 AM
egon It's Friday, which means 2 more weeks till my holiday.
And boy do i need it.

Luckily i have my little green friends to help me through it.

The good news is that's it's 11.04hrs;
only 6 hrs & 56 mns and the weekend kicks off.

Will be having "business" lunch on the terras today.
I feel a cheekly little rosé is coming up.

Cheers!!
October 14th, 2005 06:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
Will be having "business" lunch on the terras today.
I feel a cheekly little rosé is coming up.

Cheers!!

Hi Egon, shitty weather alert here!!
my girlfriend is back from Paris with a 5 liters "cubi" of rosé....week end will be fun bro!!
October 14th, 2005 07:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I got a bottle of Mateus Rose chillin in the fridge.
Might be a night in with the missus tonight.
October 14th, 2005 11:20 AM
pavlovs dog Sober living ain’t easy to do
The things that I suffered I drowned them with you
Austin Nichols you know who I am
I can't let your bottle slide through my hands

Wild Turkey couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild Turkey, couldn't drag me away

How I have suffered a dull aching pain
But you’ve brought me comfort again and again
No other bourbon, beer or some wine
Could make me feel better or treat me so kind

I know I do fancy margaritas sometimes
but I always come back when I have no more limes
Bottles are broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some drinking except when we drive

October 14th, 2005 12:10 PM
RubyKel That is GREAT!!

I walked down the aisle to Wild Horses!!
October 14th, 2005 07:36 PM
nankerphelge I'm goin' out for a few

October 14th, 2005 09:38 PM
LadyJane I'm stayin in for a few!!!!!!

Oh just got good news.....a new edition to the family is on his/her way!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! More drinks!!!!

LJ.

PS...I hate getting voicemail when I feel like chatting!!!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
October 14th, 2005 11:04 PM
sirmoonie drinkin am fundamnetil
October 15th, 2005 04:14 PM
nankerphelge Just snuck a Heineken!!

This no alcohol policy sux...
October 16th, 2005 06:41 AM
egon it's been a "good" weekend.
October 16th, 2005 01:47 PM
thejuf Every October Dutch brewers sell their Bokbier , dark beer with a sweet taste.
So far, I have tasted many brands: Amstel beer is my absolute winner.
October 17th, 2005 04:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Moonshining 'still' big business in '05

Some whiskey operations capable of producing $40,000 per week
Martinsville Bulletin

A Virginia moonshine still raided last week could be connected to a larger whiskey-running operation, said an Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) official.

Alton Junior Moran, 70, of Rocky Mount, Va., and Daryle Wane Johnson, 31, of Bassett, Va. were surprised at an illegal distillery in Axton and charged with the manufacture of alcoholic beverages without a license in connection with the operation, said agent Jay Calhoun of the ABC's Illegal Whiskey Unit.

According to a spokesman at the Henry County Jail, both Moran and Johnson have been released on bond.

Calhoun described the operation as an "average" size still, which included seven pots – one 400-gallon pot, five 800-gallon pots and one 1,200-gallon pot – that were capable of producing 800 to 1,000 gallons of whiskey a week.

By comparison, the largest still ever uncovered in Virginia contained more than 30 pots and produced 4,000-plus gallons of moonshine a week, said Calhoun.

The Axton still's production required about 5,600 pounds of sugar per week as well as 450-700 pounds of grain and 35 pounds of malted barley every five to seven fermentation periods, which last seven to 10 days, said Calhoun.

In February 1982, state ABC investigator J. Rorrer (left), Henry County Sheriff James W. Rogers (center) and Capt. Wesley G. Ashley of the Henry County Sheriff's Office found the still pictured above in the area (photo: Martinsville Bulletin)

With moonshine prices fluctuating between $20 and $40 a gallon, depending on its availability, the operation was capable of producing from $20,000 to $40,000 a week, he said.

No new evidence in the case has come to light, Calhoun said. But, he added, given the size of the uncovered still, it might have been part of a larger operation that transported illegal whiskey north.

"Any time you see an operation that size, the liquor is going to be shipped out of here," he said. "The majority of the liquor made in this area is shipped as far north as Philadelphia and Ohio and cities in between."

Such an operation usually involves an organization of whiskey-runners, including a distillery owner, still hands and individuals to truck the moonshine to its destination, said Calhoun.

Once there, he said the whiskey is sold out of "shot houses" or "nip joints," illicit bars often run out of individuals' homes, as well as legitimate bars that sell the moonshine on request.

"They call it corn," said Calhoun. "You go in (to a bar) and you ask for 'corn.'"

Many of these establishments, he said, are located in urban black communities.

"Since the big commercialization of (moonshine began), a tremendous amount of it goes to black communities," he said.

These large-scale commercial moonshine operations were on the rise in the 1990s, with the state ABC uncovering an average of 20 to 40 distilleries each year, mainly in Franklin, Henry, Patrick, Floyd and Pittsylvania counties, Calhoun said.

But many of the moonshiners were put out of business in 2001 during Lightning Strike, a joint operation between the state ABC and the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms that Calhoun said shut down a Rocky Mount store that sold whiskey-making materials.

During a 12- to 18-month period prior to 2001, during which 700,000 gallons of legal whiskey were sold, the Rocky Mount store sold more than one million of the plastic gallon jugs illicit distillers use to bottle their product, he said.

With federal and state alcohol taxes hovering around $20 per gallon of distilled liquor, those jugs represented $20 million in tax revenue that went uncollected by the government, Calhoun said.

He said the disruption in moonshiners' supply-chain caused by the Rocky Mount bust helped reduce the amount of illicit whiskey in the area for a time.

But Calhoun is concerned that the falling moonshine prices observed by the ABC mean that large-scale production of the liquor is on the rise again.

"We're concentrating on the people out here producing (moonshine) in an organized-crime fashion, that are producing this liquor trying to make a living," he said.

The penalty for producing illegal whiskey can be up to five years in jail and/or a $2,500 fine.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 17th, 2005 11:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels COUGHING UP BLOOD WARNED COOPER TO QUIT BOOZE

ALICE COOPER knew he had to give up drinking alcohol when he started coughing up blood every morning.

The NO MORE MR NICE GUY rocker - real name VINCENT DAMON FURNIER - ended up replenishing his depleted stomach by receiving a potassium boost in hospital.

Recovering alcoholic Cooper says, "It got to the point where my body was telling me that I couldn't go on. I would have a rubbish bin full of beer by my bed, so before I even opened my eyes in the morning I could have a drink.

"Then I'd go to the bathroom to throw up blood because my stomach was rotting through not eating. Alcohol fools you into thinking you've eaten and you haven't.

"I had to go to hospital to get the potassium put back into my system. Then my life changed for good."

17/10/2005 13:47
contactmusic
October 17th, 2005 11:45 AM
nankerphelge
October 17th, 2005 02:31 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Great Posting !!!!!

October 18th, 2005 06:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Not today, man, not today.
October 19th, 2005 07:08 AM
LadyJane Let's all drink to Monty!!!! Lookin' a little old these days. See what all of that deal makin' can do to ya!!!!!!

Cheers.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
October 19th, 2005 07:14 AM
egon few guiness yesterday evening,

little bit the shits this morning.
October 19th, 2005 09:35 AM
nankerphelge Well, the case settled and so the team rejoiced last night!

October 19th, 2005 09:40 AM
egon Hey nank, how goes?
was looking in the RO archieves today (found my very 1st post) and noticed some posts by "nanky". was that you as well?
[Edited by egon]
October 19th, 2005 10:14 AM
pavlovs dog
quote:
egon wrote:
few guiness yesterday evening,

little bit the shits this morning.

here are some of the bars you may find me at on the nights of January 19th & 20th:

Fitzgerald's Pub
336 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10010-3704
212) 532-3453

Scratcher
209 E Fifth St
New York, NY 10003-8521
212) 477-0030

Finnerty's Irish Pub
108 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10003
(212) 777-3368

Ryan's Irish Pub
151 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10003-5700

Failte Irish Whiskey Bar
531 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10016
(212) 725-9440

Molly's Pub & Restaurant, Shebeen
287 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10010
(212) 889-3361

Slainte
304 Bowery
New York, NY 10012
212) 253-7030

Smith's Bar
701 8TH Ave
New York, NY 10036-7102
(more than likely here)
October 19th, 2005 10:24 AM
egon very well organised!
and with the phonenumbers,
so i can call before and make sure you are there.
October 19th, 2005 01:48 PM
nankerphelge This is some good science right here:

Almost one in three people bitten by deadly saltwater crocodiles in Australia had been drinking alcohol before the animal attacked, new research has found.

An Australian review of unprovoked crocodile attacks on humans between 1971 and 2004 found that 29 percent of the 62 attacks had involved some alcohol consumption by the victim.

"About one-third of the people who had been attacked had actually been drinking alcohol," study co-author Charlie Manolis told AFP Wednesday.

"But it doesn't mean they were ... (drunk) when they fell into the river -- although it did happen."

Manolis said the research found that crocodiles were opportunistic predators and that when people took risks while in their habitat, they sometimes paid the ultimate price.

"Sometimes when people do drink they throw caution to the wind," he said.

The study, published in the US-based Wilderness Medical Society journal, found that fatal attacks had remained roughly stable at about two per year since the 1970s.

"But the number of non-fatal attacks has increased markedly," Manolis said.

Non-fatal attacks increased sharply from about 0.1 per year between 1971 and 1980 to 3.3 per year from 2001 to 2004, according to the study.

The research found that most attacks (81 percent) occurred while the victim was swimming or wading and that all fatal attacks involved water.

Manolis said the dramatic increase in the saltwater crocodile population since the species was protected in the early 1970s was not necessarily responsible for the increase in attacks.

The number of wild "salties" estimated to live in the Northern Territory has jumped from as few as 3,000 in 1971 to more than 75,000 currently.

But he said because the average size of crocodiles had increased over that time, the animals attacking humans had often changed from a small "hatchling" to a four-metre giant weighing hundreds of kilograms.

Last month a man was killed by a five-metre crocodile while diving near Darwin, five days after a British snorkeller was taken and killed by a croc.

But Manolis does not think culling is the answer.

"It's people being sensible," he said.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)