ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1968 Michael Joseph
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Calling all Chuck Lovers Return to archive
January 3rd, 2005 06:59 PM
Poplar CNN just ran a feature piece on our friend Chuck.
WHile i can't post teh video, I pulled the scrip down for y'all. Good piece, i really do like the guy, sound mix asside. Here ya go:

-----------------
CNN....

HE'S A TREE LOVER BY DAY AND A ROCK-AND-ROLL LOVER BY NIGHT. HE'S A CONSERVATIONIST WHO'S BEEN CALLED THE BACKBONE OF THE ROLLING STONES ...

CHUCK LEAVELL HAS BEEN TOURING WITH SOME OF THE BIGGEST NAMES IN POPULAR MUSIC FOR 22 YEARS ... BUT HE CALLS THE FORESTS OF MIDDLE GEORGIA HIS HOME.

RHONDA GRAYSON HAS THE STORY.

--REPORTER PKG-AS FOLLOWS--

YOU MAY NOT THINK OF HIM WHEN YOU THINK OF MICK AND THE BOYS BUT CHUCK LEAVELL IS THE MASTER OF THE KEYBOARD FOR THE ROLLING STONES.

HE HAS HAD QUITE A MUSICAL CAREER ... PLAYING PIANO WITH OTHER ROCK LEGENDS SUCH AS THE ALLMAN BROTHERS AND GEORGE HARRISON AND ERIC CLAPTON.

HIS WIFE OF 31 YEARS, ROSE LANE, REMEMBERS THE PHONE CALL THAT WOULD CHANGE THEIR LIVES:

He was going to sell the piano and become a farmer ... and I thought OH NO!!! By the way,the ROLLING STONES called today and I think you should chase that call ... Did sound like a joke but it was the truth. I thought she was pulling my leg!!

CHUCK SAYS HE HAS TOURED WITH ROLLING STONES FOR THE PAST 22 YEARS.

The Heart and Soul of Rock n Roll is Keith Richards ... Look up Rock n Roll in the dictionary and you have a picture of Keith Richards ... He's so passionate about every stroke of the guitar.

HE SAYS HE KNEW WHAT HE WANTED TO DO WITH HIS LIFE AFTER SEEING RAY CHARLES PERFORM.

The epiphany of my life was at the age of 13, going to a Ray Charles concert ... seeing Ray in person. SO moving, so chilling so FANTASTIC!!! I made up my mind I wanna be in a BAND ... I did get to play with ray once and it was a dream come true!!!

[stand up]

WHEN HE'S NOT TOURING THE WORLD WITH THE "ROLLING STONES" CHUCK AND HIS WIFE ROSE LANE CALL 2200 ACRES OF "ROLLING PINES" IN MIDDLE GEORGIA, HOME.

WHILE HIS PASSION FOR MUSIC IS FULFILLED IN FRONT OF LARGE AUDIENCES ALL OVER THE WORLD ... IT'S CHUCK LEAVELL'S OTHER PASSION ... A LOVE OF FORESTRY, THAT'S A VERY PERSONAL ONE.

It's reverence No way you can walk in the forest without feeling calm. The whispering pines. in the woods we return to reason and faith.

CHARLANE PLANTATION INCLUDES A RECORDING STUDIO AND ITS WHERE HE GOT THE INSPIRATION TO WRITE HIS NEW BOOK ... BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HOME PLACE.. BALANCING HIS LOVE OF MUSIC AND CONSERVATION.

I love playing music!! luckiest guy in the world to have played with these folks...Hey it's not over yet ... my rock n roll shoes are still in there waiting for the next tour."

January 3rd, 2005 07:04 PM
glencar I never watch CNN anymore but I guess I'll try 'em tonight.
January 3rd, 2005 09:07 PM
kath he has a really nice website for the plantation...
January 3rd, 2005 09:51 PM
BILL PERKS "BACKBONE OF THE STONES?" THE MIND FAIRLY REELS
January 4th, 2005 12:44 AM
Poplar
Well, as far a body girth goes, he's larger than any of the Stones (not inlcuding ex -ember Mick Taylor and current bassist Darryl Jones) ... is that what they mean?
January 4th, 2005 05:26 AM
J.J.Flash "backbone"..........backbone my ass
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood