ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1968 Michael Joseph
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock and Roll Circus DVD Return to archive
January 3rd, 2005 02:43 PM
Mikey Sorry if this has been discussed, but I got the Circus DVD for Xmas.

Is there any way to turn off the running commentary of those two or is that part of the movie, because if it is, that sucks!

Also, the feature "Side Presentations" doesn't work on my copy. I may have to return it.
January 3rd, 2005 02:47 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
Mikey wrote:
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I got the Circus DVD for Xmas.

Is there any way to turn off the running commentary of those two or is that part of the movie, because if it is, that sucks!

Also, the feature "Side Presentations" doesn't work on my copy. I may have to return it.

Well on my dvd the Commentary turned off when i turned the dvd off. But i hope you get your dvd to work.
January 4th, 2005 09:19 PM
corgi37 I've watched it all. All the commentaries as well. I will now never watch it again. I am so fucking sick of it! hahaha, what a bummer.

I liked the commentaries. I like how everyone commented on Brian, except Mick and Keith. I loved Keith telling his dog to piss off! And poor old Bill. He thought he should have been in the Dirty Mac. Pete's little bit was wonderful. Very illuminating, funny and gave some great insight to his feelings. He gave a very intelligent summary of the times. And, once again, showed what a great fan he is of our band.

Daltons commentary was good too. He gave me a great feeling for the times, and the way the Stones were thought of. I love how he said only squares and oldies thought the Beatles mop-tops were "cool and long hair".

The funniest thing i found out was how there are about 5 differing stories on how the event came about, and indeed, who's idea it was.

Even Yoko's commentary was pretty good. Much better than her "performance". Though, it i must say i enjoyed it more when the differing commentaries told me how pissed off the violinist was. Man, you can really see he's thinking "What the fuck is this bitch doing?"

BTW, how do i get the easter egg of Mick with the tiger?
January 5th, 2005 10:49 AM
jpenn11 Haven't tried these yet, but this apparently is what you're supposed to do:

To to the 'Sideshow' section, which is accessible from the Main Menu, and use the 'Down' and 'Left' arrow keys on your remote control to highlight the scroll decoration
beneath the photo of Keith Richards. Press 'Enter', and you will see footage of 'The Lovely Luna' [the female assistant from the fire-eating act] caressing a tiger, followed by a worried-looking Mick Jagger posing next to the same tiger.
January 6th, 2005 12:04 AM
corgi37 Thanks, i'll try that.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood