ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1968 Michael Joseph
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: joey...honey...this one's for you!! Return to archive
January 3rd, 2005 12:07 PM
kath Woman Wants to Cleanse Colons in Her HomeUtah Woman Seeks Permit From City Council to Run Colon-Cleansing Service Out of Her Home
The Associated Press

LOGAN, Utah Jan 3, 2005 — A woman is fighting the City Council in Providence to issue her a permit to run a colon-cleansing service out of her home.

Colon hydrotherapy is a licensed procedure in other states, but in Utah is considered only a homeopathic method. Colette Yates says she has invested two years and roughly $40,000 on her home business, which focuses on removing waste from the large intestine by injecting water into the colon, where it loosens and softens waste. The water is injected through the rectum.

The Providence Planning Commission recently recommended denial of Yates' request for a permit to operate Alternatives in Health in her home. Planning commissioners said they wanted to avoid setting a precedent of allowing medically oriented businesses in residential neighborhoods.

Yates said commissioners are wary because they're not familiar with the procedure, though she provided them with detailed videos and literature.

The International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy describes it as a "safe, effective" method of removing waste from the large intestine.

"I feel it's a modality not unlike massage therapy or dermatology procedures that are already going on in this area," Yates told commissioners. "It's world-renowned, and people are doing it everywhere … but it's relatively new to Cache Valley."

Yates became inspired two years ago to practice colon hydrotherapy after it relieved her of painful complications from fibromyalgia. She traveled to Florida for training, invested thousands of dollars on the specialized equipment, renovated two bedrooms in which to perform the procedure and obtained professional liability insurance.

Yates says she had accumulated several clients through word-of-mouth and referrals from chiropractors.

"I've helped people who've gone to doctors that said, 'We can't do anything else for you,'" Yates said. "They walk in to me so bent over and so sick that they can't function, and I'm able to help them with that."

Commissioners questioned Yates on how she would safely monitor the water pressure in clients (observing pressure gauges with automatic shut-off) and how she would dispose of waste (a closed plumbing system flushes it into the sewer).

"I haven't heard anything negative about it and I've been asking but I think it belongs in a chiropractic office," said Commissioner Kristina Lamborn, who voted to recommend denying the permit. "I feel very strongly about that."

[Edited by kath]
January 3rd, 2005 12:23 PM
nankerphelge Looks as if Utah has classified her as an "enema of the state!"

Get it!
January 3rd, 2005 01:06 PM
glencar Thank God the State is stopping this woman! The streets would overflow with shit otherwise!
January 3rd, 2005 01:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I always admire the entreprenurial spirit. It's what built this country (USA). As usual government crushes the innovative small business person.
January 3rd, 2005 01:56 PM
kath heh heh heh

he said "enema of the state"......

heh heh heh
January 3rd, 2005 02:53 PM
LadyJane kath..since Joey isn't here to say it I will

"Excellent Howard Carter like find, kath"

Come to Joey.

LJacky
January 3rd, 2005 04:10 PM
gypsy Do NOT say ENEMA to the JOEY!

*************ABRUPT END OF TRANSMISSION*****************

Jo Jo Joeykins!
January 3rd, 2005 04:38 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Looks as if Utah has classified her as an "enema of the state!"

Get it!

Nanky ...........................................................

You make Joey sniggle !

M. Jackyfly !
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood