ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1968 Michael Joseph
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who is better THE BEATLES or THE ROLLING STONES Return to archive
January 3rd, 2005 02:19 AM
michelle13 WELL for me personly i like the beatles better but it doesent matter what i think it is what you think... so WRTIE PPL!!!
January 3rd, 2005 10:14 AM
rolling who
quote:
michelle13 wrote:
WELL for me personly i like the beatles better but it doesent matter what i think it is what you think... so WRTIE PPL!!!

The Rolling Stones are and always will be the Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band in the World. The Who, IMO, will always be the Greatest Live Rock 'n Roll Band in the World.

The Beatles are and always will be The Greatest Musical Band in the World.
January 3rd, 2005 10:19 AM
jb The Beatles, arguably, were are very talented pop group. The WHO was a great band and very good live up and until 82..the Stones are the greatest rock band and the best live act in rock up and until 1981......
January 3rd, 2005 10:50 AM
jb
quote:
Sue wrote:
zzzzz please stop

Meine libe Abs shae Monkey!!!! Donde esta Joey, por favor?
January 3rd, 2005 11:03 AM
Back Street Girl God we need a tour.PART 2
January 3rd, 2005 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
Back Street Girl wrote:
God we need a tour.PART 2

Feliz nuevo ano
January 3rd, 2005 12:01 PM
Madafaka NOOOOOO PLEASE! Not again! Stop this thread! Stop it!
We need a new disc and a new tour, but N O W !

Btw, your spanish is becoming better JB.
January 3rd, 2005 12:04 PM
Starbuck
quote:
The Beatles, arguably, were are very talented pop group.

joshie?

joshie!!!!

did you just give a compliment to the beatles??

yes, ladies and gents, this just in from cnn: hell has frozen over.
January 3rd, 2005 12:18 PM
Saint Sway I HATE WHEN PEOPLE COMPARE THE BEATLES WITH THE STONES. Its nonsense. I get why they do it - bc they are the 2 biggest bands ever and have and always be linked together because they came out at the same time during the British Invasion and battled each other on the charts and cultural icons etc.. But for christsakes, the Beatles were a pop band and the Stones are "The Greatest ROCK AND ROLL Band" ever. Musically and stylisticly they are worlds apart

In musical terms the two bands are complete opposites. Theres no comparison.

The Stones could of written or could cover "Hey Jude" or "Something" or any other Beatles song. Because the Stones are a diverse R&R band with a wide spectrum of styles. But the Beatles could never do "Gimme Shelter" or "Bitch" or "Sympathy For the Devil" or "When The Whip Comes Down". Because they dont rock. They werent a true rock band - songs like "Jumpin Jack Flash" and "If You Cant Rock Me" are so beyond them.

so please, if you consider yourself to be even the slightest bit educated about music then dont try and compare the Beatles to the Stones. Because you cant. It would be like trying to compare the Jackson Five with the Allman Brothers. Sure they are brothers and both bands came out in the 70s but thats stretching it. Same with the Beatles/Stones. The bands are musically worlds apart.

the Beatles did "Let It Be". The Stones did "Let It Bleed". And, in a nutshell, that is all you really need to know. The bands are nothing at all alike.

so stick to comparing the Beatles with their POP MUSIC contemporaries and leave The Worlds Greatest Rock And Roll Band out of it.

January 3rd, 2005 12:40 PM
rolling who
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

The Stones could of written or could cover "Hey Jude" or "Something" or any other Beatles song. Because the Stones are a diverse R&R band with a wide spectrum of styles. But the Beatles could never do "Gimme Shelter" or "Bitch" or "Sympathy For the Devil" or "When The Whip Comes Down". Because they dont rock. They werent a true rock band - songs like "Jumpin Jack Flash" and "If You Cant Rock Me" are so beyond them.

For the most part, I agree with you. However, the Beatles COULD rock. I mean, their origins were as an R&B rock band, playing Chuck Berry and Fats Domino and Carl Perkins, etc., etc. Isn't "I'm Down" a rock song (ironically, recorded by PM the same day he recorded "Yesterday")? Isn't "Helter Skelter" a rock song? Doesn't "Yer Blues" rock? The Beatles could rock when they wanted to.

Conversely, I don't think the Stones could write an anthemic rock ballad like "Hey Jude" or "Yesterday" or "Let it Be." Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.
January 3rd, 2005 12:57 PM
Angiegirl TTTTRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.............
January 3rd, 2005 01:23 PM
KeithRichardsgrl Well their both good bands, but the rolling stones are my favorite!
January 3rd, 2005 06:22 PM
michelle13
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I HATE WHEN PEOPLE COMPARE THE BEATLES WITH THE STONES. Its nonsense. I get why they do it - bc they are the 2 biggest bands ever and have and always be linked together because they came out at the same time during the British Invasion and battled each other on the charts and cultural icons etc.. But for christsakes, the Beatles were a pop band and the Stones are "The Greatest ROCK AND ROLL Band" ever. Musically and stylisticly they are worlds apart

In musical terms the two bands are complete opposites. Theres no comparison.

so please, if you consider yourself to be even the slightest bit educated about music then dont try and compare the Beatles to the Stones. Because you cant. It would be like trying to compare the Jackson Five with the Allman Brothers. Sure they are brothers and both bands came out in the 70s but thats stretching it. Same with the Beatles/Stones. The bands are musically worlds apart.

the Beatles did "Let It Be". The Stones did "Let It Bleed". And, in a nutshell, that is all you really need to know. The bands are nothing at all alike.

so stick to comparing the Beatles with their POP MUSIC contemporaries and leave The Worlds Greatest Rock And Roll Band out of it.

i totally agree but to me its only the music
January 3rd, 2005 06:23 PM
glencar I think Herman's Hermits were the best pop group. The Stones were the best rock group.
January 3rd, 2005 06:27 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think Herman's Hermits were the best pop group.

I think you have forgoten Freddie and the Dreamers
January 3rd, 2005 06:33 PM
Gazza believe me, I've tried to!
January 3rd, 2005 06:40 PM
iluvmickjagger07 "our beatles are way better than your precious rolling stones",homer simpson

the stones are of course better than the beatles
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood