It always feels new.
You make me purr and koo.
And if you all had a clue.
Tonight, you'd play Had It With You.

Maxlugar 1/11/02
Photo is Maxy Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily in 1983

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sept 11 Return to archive
12-24-01 07:59 PM
SatisfactionUK I bet the Stones next album will have a song that alludes to the Sept 11 tragedy. Not a hard rocker or a bluesy ballad...but a good medium such as "Gimme Shelter". Mick's lyrics are definitely up to the task, and such a song could help us all unite, recover, and better feel for the horror of such a tragedy such as Gimme Shelter and the Vietnam War. Imagine a band that has been through it all, thick and thin, creating for us a masterpiece that takes a snapshot of an era forever, as only the Stones can do. Imagine this new tune hitting number one all over the world as Mick and Keith weave a masterpiece of mind and spirit that ensures we will never forget what happened. I think the boys will have something for us, dont you?
12-25-01 05:08 AM
The Worst I think, that I would not like such a song. The Stones have already done many to such a subject, "Blinded By Rainbows" fits the September 11 tragedy very well. To me, the commercial success of a single would be irrelevant, many of the best Stones songs have even never been singles.
12-26-01 06:02 PM
stonedinaustralia Interesting thought... as you say Jagger would be up to it lyrically however I doubt it would be a hit but, in true Stone's stytle, it could very well be controversial. You'll recall "Highwire". On some things Mick is still prepared to play the Devil's Advocate or at least take an objective as opposed to a populist view (which has always been one of his great strengths).My bet is though they won't touch it but who knows...
12-26-01 09:40 PM
SatisfactionUK I mean a song better than highwire...a Sympathy caliber song that has a great beat and astounding lyrics...not a normal song...an extraordinary song of which artists make only a few times in their careers. A great riff and great lyrics. Slow and fast at times. A song to hit number one for weeks and be played on the radio endlessly. Maybe not DIRECTLY mentioning the tragedy but describing emotions in such detail that there could be no doubt. It would take a work of great effort, but I think theres a chance they could do it.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.