It always feels new.
You make me purr and koo.
And if you all had a clue.
Tonight, you'd play Had It With You.

Maxlugar 1/11/02
Photo is Maxy Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily in 1983

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Freedom of speech? Return to archive
12-23-01 05:27 AM
F505 The Keith x America thread is shut down. Is this the freedom of speech the leader of the free world is so proud of?

Only because some members dare to discuss the American way of live? It's really pathetic.
12-23-01 10:55 AM
Gazza Actually,I shut it down and I'm NOT an American....for the record,some of the posts on the thread were directed by Americans at other nationalities AND VICE VERSA. I didnt differentiate between the two when I closed the thread down.

The thread was increasingly off topic (as someone pointed out..its a Stones board after all) and had become a bigoted excuse to abuse other people's nationalities..

I'd like to think this board is somewhere where people can come together from different backgrounds - not abuse each other's cultures and history with ignorant,ill - informed stereotyping..

If anyone wants to keep that crap going - take it to another board, private e-mail or use the private message facility. I dont wanna read it here and I'm sure many others dont either. And if anyone cant deal with that - fine - they can fuck off and whinge about it somewhere else. No loss.

Funny thing is,I thought September 11th would have seen an end to most of that shit. Seems normal service has been resumed.

Merry Christmas - EVERYONE

12-23-01 01:12 PM
F505 Ok you have a point there. But one should not get too soon annoyed if someone makes critical remarks. But you're right: this is a Stones board and not a political forum.

12-23-01 01:14 PM
Jacques I do agree with you Gazza and what you have done. There are different cultures and I think it's a good thing for the world.
BUT here there is one aim which is to live together and to share our loves, hates and thinks about the Rolling Stones. Even each opinion is good to read or listen.
When I connect to the board, I try to forget all miserable world we try to make cooler all day long in our job. So please speak about our passion, I mean RS music and pleasure they give us. Use other boards for other subject.
Sorry for my poor english, it would be easier in French.
OK go on rocking.
PS: on a French TV channel we had yesterday a short interview of Mick and in the comment, they said that the RS are going to prepare their 2002 tour... but journalist's speaking.
12-23-01 06:31 PM
Maxlugar Jacques!

Thanks my little frog eating, snail slurping, oops! Sorry! I should stop that.

Anyway, when I try to forget the world ya know what I do? I put in a little album called Dirty Friggin' Work. Maybe you've heard of it? It's the album that the Stones put out in the mid eighties to prove to the world that they still rock harder than anyone else on the planet. Ya know what? It worked. Please put Dirty God Damned Work in your CD player ASAP! Turn it up real loud and sit on the floor. When the blood starts running out of your ears and down your cheeks, just sit, smile and salivate.

Oh and....

Thank your ol' buddy Maxy

You're welcome in advance!

Maxy Von Maxy Max!
12-25-01 02:47 PM
Cardinal Ximinez There you go again Maxy...trying to convince someone that Dirty Work is great...There are some great PARTS, but for the most part, a real stinker. It is infinately better that the dreaded Emotional Rescue though.

You know Gazza is right....there is nothing wrong with being patriotic, and loving your homeland. We all have to remember that EVERYONE feels that way about their home...because it IS home to them. We shouldn't be slagging someone because of where they live. Maybe I feel like this because I've lived in countries other than the USA. There is a great big world beyond our borders, and to me, it's all fantastic. If we all took the time to learn about other cultures, other value systems, maybe we could learn some useful things...and make the world a better, safer, more peaceful & tolerant place for us all to live in. Maybe we'd have a world where our kids won't have to worry about some nutcase flying a jet into our buildings. Closeminded bigots, of all kinds, are the bane of our world.

I'm glad that thread is dead.
12-25-01 05:55 PM
Jaxx ever think that there is a RESPONSIBILTY attached to freedom of speech? do you go into a crowded movie theater and shout FIRE when there is no fire? obviously you can't just go around running off your mouth like a friggin' talking head.

that thread was repulsive and was going nowhere except deeper into the toilet. my sister was at ground zero and several friends were in the subway when the towers were hit. a few of my friends were killed. i for one, don't appreciate reading that "they deserved" this happening to them on "just another day" that turned into tragedy. that thread was racist and revolting and i applaud gazza for doing us all the courtesy of shutting it down.
[Edited by Jaxx]

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.