It always feels new.
You make me purr and koo.
And if you all had a clue.
Tonight, you'd play Had It With You.

Maxlugar 1/11/02
Photo is Maxy Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily in 1983

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: - Mick Jagger Pulls Out Of AMAs Return to archive
12-20-01 09:10 PM
CS 12/20/01, 3 p.m. ET) -- Rolling Stone frontman Mick Jagger, who only this week was announced as a part of the lineup of performers for the upcoming American Music Awards (AMAs) on January 9, has unceremoniously backed out of the show. No official announcement was made, and a spokesperson for the show's executive producer Dick Clark told LAUNCH that Jagger just decided to take time off and not appear on the show. Jagger informed the AMA organizers of his decision on Wednesday (December 19), but no further explanation was given.

Clark told LAUNCH earlier this week that he was excited to have Jagger perform on the show. "I've never had the pleasure of presenting him on stage, though we have been in the company of one another on numerous occasions," he said. "This will be a first."

Artists back out of scheduled appearances on the show on occasion, according to Clark's representatives, who added that at least they still have time to fill Jagger's slot. An announcement will be made after the holidays about a replacement performer. Jagger's publicist told LAUNCH that she was not aware that Jagger had even committed to do the show. Even though as of press time Jagger's spokesperson had no explanation for his decision not to do the show, LAUNCH was told that "it is not in any way connected" to the ensuing lawsuit between Clark and the Recording Academy (LAUNCH, 12/19). Jagger's spokesperson did say the singer had some time constraints due to a family vacation he is currently taking, as well as a scheduled video shoot.

-- Sue Falco, New York

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/content.asp?contentID=207059
12-21-01 12:29 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 he probably backed out because he forgot that when 2002 hits that he is devoted to stones only and no solo projects.
12-21-01 12:37 PM
HandofFeet Keith probably faxed the AMA organizers himself saying, "This is Mick Jagger. I'm not doing your show, and we need a few more cases of Rebel Yell up here."
12-21-01 01:49 PM
Tom The official site has Mick Jagger on the performers list, but seems that Launch is right anyway

http://abc.go.com/primetime/specials/ama/

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.