It always feels new.
You make me purr and koo.
And if you all had a clue.
Tonight, you'd play Had It With You.

Maxlugar 1/11/02
Photo is Maxy Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily in 1983

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith X USA Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-20-01 11:26 AM
CocaBuena
I would like to know why Keith Richards lives in America. My opinion is he lives in there just by marketing, and maybe because helps selling Stones records.

So, American people can say: Hey, we got Keef with us, but is bullshit. As any other group, they do incredible things by money. Of course, Stones do that making great music as well
12-20-01 11:41 AM
nankerphelge How 'bout because it is a great country! Ever think of that?
12-20-01 12:03 PM
moy hey jair, your coca is not buena anymore, why don't you try maxy's crack or joey's chiba
12-20-01 04:43 PM
swapwoodfortaylor He probably doesn't care about the quality of his kids education.......unless he 'boards' them in the UK.......or he simply likes american steak with his fried onions!!
12-20-01 06:14 PM
Happy Motherfucker Cocbuena, thats about a no brainer post. Keith is no different then anybody else in reguards to where they choose to live. Does it have to be some secretive motive behind it? America is the greatest country in the world, that could be the reason behind it, Ever think of that!
12-20-01 06:39 PM
Milton Happy Mother Fucker, America is a continent not a country, it starts in Alaska and ends in Argentina/Chile, remember

Yes, the USA is the greatest country in the world, but it's because the selective import of high qualified brain from other countries, and its effective and honest Public Administration. The problem that country has is that 80% of their inhabitants are superficial people, who only see TV and take beer

12-20-01 06:43 PM
Gazza Probably because hes had so much hassle living in the UK over the years from the authorities - thats why he left England to begin with in 1971 - that and the (then) high tax. keith has always felt somewhat bitter that its been hard for him to live in his own country..theres no doubt that in the late 60's the band were persecuted by the establishment in England.

He also had a lot of hassle in France too. Additionally,as he never learned French,that doesnt help matters

Since he's lived in New York & then Connecticut,his life seems more stable! His wife is a New Yorker too,so that would explain also why he spends so much time in the USA.

Dont forget though - he still has homes in England & Jamaica and spends a part of each year in them too!
12-20-01 06:44 PM
Gazza >He probably doesn't care about the quality of his kids education.......unless he 'boards' them in the UK

his daughter Angela grew up and went to school in England - living with her grandmother
12-20-01 06:44 PM
Milton I love the USA but can't figure out how they can't find Osama Bin Laden, having a 1st world air force can't find a popular guy in a 3rd world country

Just tell Colin Powell to send Rambo, Paul Kersey and Robocop and that's it. Osame gave the USA a lesson of their movies with just a few suicide terrorists

Again, please don't missunderstand me, I love the USA and I hate coward terrorists, kill Osama NOW!
12-20-01 08:02 PM
Maxlugar The reason the USA has aquired all those brains from all over the world is because of a little thing called FREEDOM. This is one of the few places where a brainiac with a dirt poor background can make it all the way to the top on just their hard work alone. All those German scientists that were out of work after WW II and came here knew a good thing when they saw it.

Also, Milton, how are you sure we haven't gotten Bin Laden? It is very possible he has been killed already. Even if we haven't, we will. Don't act like three months is a long time. We have already destroyed a regime that all the nay sayers told us would be our next Vietnam.

Maxy!
12-20-01 10:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Cocabuena, I'm sure that none of your statements are the reason to live there, I think it is simply because he likes it!

In rock we trust!

12-20-01 11:19 PM
Street_Fighting_Man GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD stop with that bullshit its a country made up of other peoples ideas (cars etc), all they know how to do is promote.
12-21-01 01:06 AM
FujiSaki by those standards....

EVERY country except Kenya can be "made of other people's ideas." Since that is where human civilization began and spread from. Don't be jealous, it won't get you ANYWHERE.
12-21-01 03:53 AM
L&A VoodooChileInWOnderl, you are always the best rocking wise man ! B.t.w., great bill (or note ?), we should use it for our new Euros !
12-21-01 07:26 AM
Jane Wyman There is no greatest country in the world but only the greatest rock'n roll band in the world. Remember that. And it happens that the greatest rock'n roll band in the world has its roots in England! You arrogant Americans!
12-21-01 08:20 AM
gimmekeef Americans are arrogant?...Could be because they have something everyone else wants or they just aren't as pompous and self righteous as the Brits.But then Jane you were generalizing weren't you?..Hey doesn't good Stones music transcend petty politics!!!!!!
12-21-01 08:32 AM
CocaBuena It seems I did a big confusion here

Anyway, I was trying to get a simple answer, not talk about politician or that fucking Bin Laden.

I'm sure USA is a great country, except by the fact most american people think there's no life in other places. You should stop with this stupid behavior. You enjoy put your noses everywhere and, sometimes, all you get in return is violence.
USA, the police of the world, don't?

On Keith, I've asked because everybody knows - except americans, of course, that there's no culture in USA if you compare USA and Europe. So, it's kinda strange Keith living in United States.

12-21-01 08:47 AM
Maxlugar Well they might have their roots in England but the English obviously don't know what they have considering how the treat The Stones.

And hey we aren't arrogant my little teeth rotting out of your head having, Big Ben Buffing, Royal Family still supporting, Faulkland Island barley beating, Tea at 4:00PM slurping, British Empire sun finally setting, "cheers love" babbling, Butter cookie baking, Scone nibbling, pirate financing and the other way looking, Parliment pontificating, Spice Girls on the world unleashing, Peace in our time blabbing, Hong Kong losing, funny accent chirping, "Happy" instead of "Merry" Christmas spewing young British sister.

Happy Christmas England!

We love you even though we are much better than you!

PS, Can you send 10 more troops to join the 10 that are already there to help out in Afghanistan? Oh never mind, they'll just get in the way.
12-21-01 09:40 AM
Street_Fighting_Man Brit Bashing thats another thing i'm pissed at
12-21-01 09:44 AM
CocaBuena Hey MaxLugar, you have a great style to write. I know you can't say the same about me, but....

Just another point: is sad when you see a "cult" guy like Dave Letterman saying in his show that the violence of september 11 against USA is due to envy...That people from afganistan probably don't know what is envy....So, if Dave sayd that, what the rest of you are saying?

12-21-01 09:47 AM
nankerphelge Hey look -- when someone naively asks why Keith lives in the U.S. like no one in their right mind would dare think of it absent money or marketing, you might expect we "Americans" (the whole continent is ours if we want it and don't y'all forget it) to get a bit pissed off.

Don't confuse arrogance with pride -- we have a damn fine country full of damn fine people that would bend over backwards to help just about anyone else on the planet. But piss us off and we'll bomb the whole fucking lot of ya if we think ya need it. And, speaking purely for myself, if anyone has a fucking problem with that, you can step into my office -- right here, right now!

P.S. Have a nice day
12-21-01 10:24 AM
gimmekeef This is getting silly...but you know if the Yanks didn't bail out England in WW11 there may have never been The Rolling Stones.Can you imagine how Satisfaction would have sounded in German!...May all Stones fans around the world enjoy the festive season in health and happiness..See you on the road somewhere in 2002!!!!!
12-21-01 10:43 AM
Maxlugar Coco my man, you are not getting it. It's not those poor Afghans that have started this. It is a murderous multi-millionaire Arab named Osama Bin Laden that has started this. Him and his ilk are extremely jealous of the USA. We have the freedom that he wishes to destroy and turn ALL western governments into his style of oppressive Islam.

Please don't act like its because the West has been oppressing these poor people. It takes someone with loads of money and a fanatical love of power to do this.

Cherry O' Baby is a lovely song <---- Required Stones content.
12-21-01 12:18 PM
CocaBuena I agree, required Stones content
How about "Luxury"? Love that song.
12-21-01 01:29 PM
Maxlugar Luxury gets my groove stick "eager".

Ya know what I'm saying Coco-Boy?

Luxury is a song of almost mythical proportions.

We here at the "It's Friday Night..." home offices play it almost every Friday Night.

And, Coco for Coco puffs, we salute you.

And until the inevitable suit case nuke goes off in the basement of my Manhattan office, we will continue to salute you.

Bless you!

Coco y Maxy dos amigos foreveros!
12-21-01 01:48 PM
F505 I hope your office is not in a skyscraper, Nanker
12-21-01 02:40 PM
TomL Eat Shit Wyman, you woke me from the dead.
12-21-01 05:40 PM
Stray Cat HEY....cool it everyone! Who were the first to back you all the way after Sept.11th ? PEACE ON EARTH (p.s. Keith has homes in America AND England)
12-21-01 06:14 PM
CocaBuena Yep, that's it, Stray Cat. I completelly agree with you. Also, I'm sorry if I offended some of you. Actually, I don't give a shit if Keith lives in USA or Europe.
I was just kidding.
It's stupid think american people deserved those coward attacks because of their way of life.

So, bye bye now "Sunny boy" & shinne girls.

Hey MaxLugar, no i didn't understand you...but I'll sleep well, don't ya worry
12-21-01 06:17 PM
Gazza >And hey we aren't arrogant my little teeth rotting out of your head having, Big Ben Buffing, Royal Family still supporting, Faulkland Island barley beating, Tea at 4:00PM slurping, British Empire sun finally setting, "cheers love" babbling, Butter cookie baking, Scone nibbling, pirate financing and the other way looking, Parliment pontificating, Spice Girls on the world unleashing, Peace in our time blabbing, Hong Kong losing, funny accent chirping, "Happy" instead of "Merry" Christmas spewing young British sister.

PS, Can you send 10 more troops to join the 10 that are already there to help out in Afghanistan? Oh never mind, they'll just get in the way.

Grow the fuck up,maxy and dont be so ignorant - if theres one thing I fucking hate on this board more than anything its xenophobic bullshit - and yeah,I'm an equal opportunity bigot-basher so Milton if youre gonna bring your pointless anti-American bile somewhere,dont do it here
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.