It always feels new.
You make me purr and koo.
And if you all had a clue.
Tonight, you'd play Had It With You.

Maxlugar 1/11/02
Photo is Maxy Von Kinky Kink Kinko Kinkily in 1983

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca's disappointment Return to archive
12-19-01 02:07 PM
moy the problem of high quality broadcasts, we all taped it and don't buy, please help buying the cd!

Poor sales for charity CD
The efforts of Paul McCartney and Elton John to help the
families of the victims of the terrorist attacks have flopped in the
American charts. The rockers headlined a charity concert in
New York two months ago, entitled The Concert For New York
City which also featured The Who, David Bowie and Mick
Jagger. However the CD from the concert has far from taken the
charts by storm, selling 129,000 copies, struggling at No 27 in
its first week of sale and slipping this week to No 37.
12-19-01 02:11 PM
Mother baby Guess they should have figured out how Harrison pulled it off?
Can't blame them for trying though
12-19-01 03:47 PM
Joey Everybody taped the show . It was one Hell of a broadcast . Well produced but had waaaaay too many artists .

Still , the WHO stole the show . I bought the CD , put disc two in immediately , and played the Who's set at full volume . My Car Stereo is now a melted mess .

WHO ROCKED MSG !!!!!!!
12-19-01 06:54 PM
Child of the Moon I am interested in buying the discs for the inclusion of some of the best acts (THE WHO, Mick 'n' Keef, etc), but I am reluctant for one, sole purpose:

"Freedom."

To think that a song like this ame from the same man who wrote "Hey Jude," "Yesterday," and "For No One" is just appaling. I was thoroughly disgusted with this nothing of a song, and I have determined that Paul wrote it backstage, 5 minutes before he and his band went on. And drunk. Dammit, my five-year old cousin could've written that song, and at least then there might be something more to it than "Freedom, free-ee-eedom/I will fight for the right/To live in freedom!"

I'm gonna listen to Band on the Run.
12-19-01 09:13 PM
Joey I have got to agree with you Steve .

Macca must have written that song in five minutes or less .
Oh well , it's the thought that counts .

Now " Band on the Run " .....there's a masterpiece for you . John Lennon agreed it was McCartney's best post-Beatles' work . Even the track Jet , another song about one of the McCartney dogs , rocks a hundred times better than " Martha My Dear ."

Throw in Helen Wheels , Let Me Roll it to You , 1985 , and the title track and man what a disc it really is . Bonzo.

" Lose a shoe up my 1/2 Royal Irish Asshole Ronnie "

Joey , C10

12-19-01 11:04 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Look, if people aren't buying the CDs because they taped it, man, are they blowing it. The CD has FAR superior sound quality. I thought MicknKeef's set sounded really tinny and thin on the TV. On the CD they got a big, full, sound. Much much more enjoyable IMO.

As for "Freedom"....poppycock. I much prefer Neil Young's "Let's Roll". You know, Neil is an artist who, like Dylan, is an aquired taste. But man, once you got that taste, it's really addictive. He's another guy, who as he approaches the big 60, is putting out music that is every bit as vital as anything he's ever done. Really amazing stuff.

If anyone here is resting on their laurels with a VHS tape of the NYC show....you're missing the boat. Go get the CDs. Shit, I bought it at Circuit City for $15.00...why the hell WOULDN'T you buy it for that price?
12-20-01 10:36 AM
Joey Damn Straight My Brother....

The CD Rocks and the sound quality is majestic sonic glory .

I found it at Best buy for 16.00 bucks . Not Bad considering all of the great artists on there . I play it continuously as I read " OLd Gods " and drink me Guinness .

I realize the new Stones book contains many factual errors , but the detailed information about all of the crap that went on inside the band in the 1980's and 1990's is priceless if one is a fan . A must read .

Time to grin like a mental patient Ronnie .

12-20-01 11:23 AM
nankerphelge Didn't realize the Cardinal was a Neil fan. And I agree wif you that he is still puuting out some fine material. However, nothing beats his work with the Shocking Pinks.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.