ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Detroit 75 Return to archive
2nd January 2008 02:52 PM
ohnonot youagain Can someone tell me what the Detroit 75 show is like in quality? Is it better than LA 7-13-75? Any help is appreciated. Can anyone recommend the best shows from 75?
2nd January 2008 03:01 PM
Fiji Joe It is not better sound quality than LA Friday. It is a soundboard, however.

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
2nd January 2008 04:00 PM
marko They did 2 shows in Detroit July 27th and 28th.Another is
available on partly on sbd.I think its the 2nd date.
1st day is just bad audience.Killer shows through.
3rd January 2008 12:08 AM
Jaggedblues
quote:
ohnonot youagain wrote:
Can anyone recommend the best shows from 75?

Well excluding the obvious July 13th, the Seattle 7-18-75 show has to be singled out for particular praise. Awesome show although not all boots of it are created equal.

LA July 11, there's an excellent audience recording of it in The Lost Millard Masters set. There's also a pretty good soundboard of the show called L.A. Connection. Not one of the better performances of the tour though.

Hold On Tight, MSG 6-27-75. What a show. They even throw in Cherry Oh Baby.

Heartbreakers In Buffalo, 6-15-75. Stereo soundboard and Luxury. Silkcut's remaster is the one to get because it has less hiss.

Toronto is supposed to be real good but I've never heard it. Baton Rouge 2nd show is nice. The Detroit soundboard is ok but honestly I think of some of the TOTA audience recordings are far more enjoyable to listen to than Detroit.
3rd January 2008 07:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
ohnonot youagain wrote:
Can someone tell me what the Detroit 75 show is like in quality? Is it better than LA 7-13-75? Any help is appreciated. Can anyone recommend the best shows from 75?

the first 85 minutes or so of Detroit 28.7.75 is available as an excellent quality soundboard. The second part of the show (25 mins or so) can be found in mediocre audience quality. Good enough show, but I wouldnt consider it as good as LA 13.7.75.

best shows, for me, are New York 27.6.75 (only available as an audience recording, but a very nice one at that) and LA 13.7.75. LA 11.7.75 is also available as a soundboard (taken from a pro shot video filmed for broadcast but unaired)
3rd January 2008 07:52 AM
speedfreakjive i know its not 75, but its the same Tour really, Paris 76 is great
3rd January 2008 08:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
i know its not 75, but its the same Tour really, Paris 76 is great

the thing that gets me about those shows is that I like the video footage of Paris '76, the soundboards of the shows are good - but yet I think that the 1976 material on Love You Live (even with overdubs) is often subpar and occasionally fucking terrible (I know some of it is from London as well, but neither are any great shakes IMO)

There was a huge dip from 1975 to 1976. Maybe there was a bad opium crop that year or something.
3rd January 2008 10:05 AM
gimmekeef Both Detroit shows were great...from my 6th row seats Keithside anyway....I actually prefer the Buffalo 75 Heartbreakers boot myself...
3rd January 2008 11:17 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

the thing that gets me about those shows is that I like the video footage of Paris '76, the soundboards of the shows are good - but yet I think that the 1976 material on Love You Live (even with overdubs) is often subpar and occasionally fucking terrible (I know some of it is from London as well, but neither are any great shakes IMO)

There was a huge dip from 1975 to 1976. Maybe there was a bad opium crop that year or something.

i agree, I don't really like Love You Live. Keith was probably at his most ugly wasted and impaired for 1976, the year before the bust, all very debauched and excess
3rd January 2008 12:37 PM
gustavobala i like so much love you live (and his overdubs)

i prefer 75 tour than 76 tour (one of the worst stones´s tour)

detroit are regular, they are better before to listen than detroit: LA, NY and Toronto!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)