ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES on NEW YEAR'S EVE PERFORMANCES (past) Return to archive
2nd January 2008 11:27 AM
Highwire Rob I couldn't find any comprehensive list with Google. Does anyone know how many times the Stones have performed in some fashion for New Year's eve festivities spanning the band's career (part of concert tour, TV appearance, etc.)

Also, which of you were there?

This question formulated in my (cold) sober mind as I witnessed the pathetic US Network TV offering that passed for today's hip pop music.

(Of course, maybe I just wasn't watching or celebrating where you were.)
2nd January 2008 11:51 AM
gimmekeef I dont think the band per se ever have..but Keith was on ABC one year and rocked..and Ronnie has done a few NYE shows but not televised.Think Charlie lays down the law over this...Like the mega bucks floated for the millenium etc
2nd January 2008 11:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
I couldn't find any comprehensive list with Google. Does anyone know how many times the Stones have performed in some fashion for New Year's eve festivities spanning the band's career (part of concert tour, TV appearance, etc.)

"Google" ??!!

http://rocksoff.org/gazzassetlists.htm

Just one confirmed NY Eve show - 1963 in Lincoln (no, Joey, not the one in Nebraska..)

2nd January 2008 11:55 AM
robpop Gazza you beat me two it. THe answer was right here.
2nd January 2008 01:45 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"Google" ??!!

http://rocksoff.org/gazzassetlists.htm

Just one confirmed NY Eve show - 1963 in Lincoln (no, Joey, not the one in Nebraska..)

Thanks Gimmekeef and Gazza!

Oooooops! I guess I'd be well advised to examine the wealth of print resources in the Rocks Off archives first!

Isn't it surprising, though that there were not more NY Eve performances when they were a young band in the 60s?
2nd January 2008 01:53 PM
Gazza Yep, although I would guess after the first year or two, they could probably afford to be a bit more selective about when they played - by 1964-65 they were playing around 300 shows a year and I suppose they figured they'd "earned" a decent sized break over the holidays.

They seem to have stuck to that philosophy ever since!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)