ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Voodoo Lounge Special (Toronto Club Gig) Return to archive
31st December 2007 09:12 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner "Toronto club gig. Darryl Jones debut. Honky tonk women, Sparks will fly, Brown sugar. Ronnie jokes about that Bill isn´t there."

31st December 2007 09:32 AM
Mel Belli When MTV still cared about the Stones! When MTV still cared about music!
31st December 2007 10:28 AM
gimmekeef Nice clip..thanks...Ronnie was adding some good stuff to Sparks.I remember the opener in Washington Fox TV had a special live show from the stadium...Thosewere the days
31st December 2007 12:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Nice clip..thanks...Ronnie was adding some good stuff to Sparks.I remember the opener in Washington Fox TV had a special live show from the stadium...Thosewere the days

Great line from Denis Leary that night. As "Not Fade Away" begins, he says, "We've secretly replaced Keith Richards' blood with Folger's Crystals. Let's see if he can tell the difference."

The Fox special drew incredibly poor ratings. RFK wasn't sold out, I believe, and neither were several other dates. I remember having a bad feeling about that tour. Then everything turned around at some point, and it became a smash.

As Chuck told Rolling Stone: "The Stones are coming to town and I'm not going? Am I crazy?!"
31st December 2007 12:44 PM
Gimme Shelter Very cool, that was an awesome tour. I was at the Seattle show and they played a killer version of Far Away Eyes.
31st December 2007 03:10 PM
~Cocaine Eyes~ That was a really good show in Toronto that night.
31st December 2007 04:35 PM
TampabayStone 1st show I ever went to was from this tour----Man, I was Jacked UP'd. Shit seats and everything, that's the greatest thing I've ever saw! Had been tooa couple of Dead shows at this point and assumed there was going to be a huge tail gate. I think we were the 1st ones there.
31st December 2007 04:42 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
1st show I ever went to was from this tour----Man, I was Jacked UP'd. Shit seats and everything, that's the greatest thing I've ever saw! Had been tooa couple of Dead shows at this point and assumed there was going to be a huge tail gate. I think we were the 1st ones there.

Funny. I saw the Dead exactly one week before the Stones, both shows at Giants Stadium. The Dead did "Not Fade Away." I think they were forecasting
31st December 2007 05:07 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Funny. I saw the Dead exactly one week before the Stones, both shows at Giants Stadium. The Dead did "Not Fade Away." I think they were forecasting

Nice! The 1st time I saw GD they encored with Satisfaction. I thought it was also some kind of fate thing.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)