ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bhutto assassinated!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
28th December 2007 03:49 PM
pdog Riffy... this is for you, I love this. Best SNL poitical skit in a few years...

28th December 2007 03:54 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Said the nutjob who founded the ROCC and the super secret Cap'n Crunch Anita Pallenberg message board

But you're right...he is like you...that's for damn sure

Said the nerd who was chosen last in gym class and has never had to fend off a hailstorm of vagina.

28th December 2007 03:56 PM
pdog
28th December 2007 03:57 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:

More video from your Couchie summits?
28th December 2007 04:01 PM
glencar http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x3897926
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Reid is one of the worst Dem leaders ever & that's saying something.

The crazy thing is that today's Dems are so beholden to the far left Soros owned wing of the party that idiots like Reid are hailed as "good" Dems (values wise)! Hell JFK wouldn't/couldn't even be a Dem today! He believed in a strong military, and low taxes. There would be no seat at the table for the likes of him. For that matter neither would there be for FDR!

I find it bizzare how so many of today's Dems refuse to acknowledge this absolute fact.

Democrats of today have been overrun by retread hippie libs from a bygone era, and they are just too damned stubborn to admit it.

The only good news is that a recent Rassmussen poll has shown that more college students are identifying themselves with the Republican party and conservative values than ever before. They are rightfully pissed at watching today's libfucks try and destroy every tradition that has made this country great. So eventually the whole "Stop the Imperialist American","America sucks" idiots will be pushed to the ash heap of history. (thanks to Ronaldus Magnus Reagn)

Riffy
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

More video from your Couchie summits?

My couchie summits?
28th December 2007 04:02 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:

My couchie summits?

That's what I would imagine footage from a Couchie Summit would look like.

JUST KIDDING!
28th December 2007 04:05 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

The crazy thing is that today's Dems are so beholden to the far left Soros owned wing of the party that idiots like Reid are hailed as "good" Dems (values wise)! Hell JFK wouldn't/couldn't even be a Dem today! He believed in a strong military, and low taxes. There would be no seat at the table for the likes of him. For that matter neither would there be for FDR!

I find it bizzare how so many of today's Dems refuse to acknowledge this absolute fact.

Democrats of today have been overrun by retread hippie libs from a bygone era, and they are just too damned stubborn to admit it.

The only good news is that a recent Rassmussen poll has shown that more college students are identifying themselves with the Republican party and conservative values than ever before. They are rightfully pissed at watching today's libfucks try and destroy every tradition that has made this country great. So eventually the whole "Stop the Imperialist American","America sucks" idiots will be pushed to the ash heap of history. (thanks to Ronaldus Magnus Reagn)

Riffy

I hope Joey reads this. He's become such a loser lately.
28th December 2007 04:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:

Can I come over tonight and borrow a cup of GAY?
28th December 2007 04:14 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:

Its funny..but most people would think that folks posting opinions about everything from soup to nuts on an over the hill rock bands blog were losers by default......
28th December 2007 04:16 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

That's what I would imagine footage from a Couchie Summit would look like.

JUST KIDDING!

Our divorce rate would be 100%. And i know all of us wish we had young skinny bodies again, did you see that girls ass, hard as steel... The really sad part is, for ost of us, this is what our kids Friday nights look like!!!

anyone remember this video, I'm not into the music, but this video is one of my faves...
WARNING!!! Video has some boobies!!! WARNING!!!

[Edited by pdog]
28th December 2007 04:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Its funny..but most people would think that folks posting opinions about everything from soup to nuts on an over the hill rock bands blog were losers by default......

I agree. Yes, over the hill. But still the Greatest Rock n Roll Band in the Univeral Space/Time Continuum.

28th December 2007 04:23 PM
glencar
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Can I come over tonight and borrow a cup of GAY?

I woulda let you have it but Motels beat you to it.
28th December 2007 04:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I woulda let you have it but Motels beat you to it.

28th December 2007 04:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Cha Ching!!!
Oh this is a good one, keef!!

If I had a tag line, I would ask your permission to use it
28th December 2007 04:50 PM
nanatod
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
History will treat Bush just fine.

I don't want to get into a war of words with you, but I feel that that is just preposterous.

Of the recent Republican presidents, history will be kindest to Ford and George H. W.

Nixon's rep appears to be getting a little better every year, and I believe that he eventually will get better overall marks than Reagan.

But today, our economy feels like it's about to go into a steep downturn (well at least to those of us who are self-employed).

And unless we get peace breaking out all over the middle east in the next 380 or so days, which is not very likely, historians will not be very kind to our current POTUS.
28th December 2007 04:53 PM
glencar Ford? WTF? Reagan is already listed as a Top Ten by most historians. GWB has been hurt by his middle era failures in Iraq but if the general upswing continues, he'll be well-rated. The economy is stronger today than in the 1990's. LOL
28th December 2007 04:56 PM
nanatod
quote:
glencar wrote:
The economy is stronger today than in the 1990's.

Maybe for people working for others. Not for the self-employed. This year has been the "scariest" in the last 15.
28th December 2007 04:57 PM
glencar I never made more in my life than this past year...
28th December 2007 05:53 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I never made more in my life than this past year...

Consider yourself lucky.
28th December 2007 06:09 PM
pdog I'm definitely making less. Higher gas prices, higher fees all around, and people either being cheap or just feeling the pinch too. I'm not exaclty sure, I would say easily $50.00 less a week for me, which breaks down to $2,600 a year. Im' being generous with my estimate too, last week, although a typically slow weekend was $100.00 off my avg. I would agree, self employeed are feeling a major hit in the wallet.I'll know for sure by April or May if this is permanent or just a temp. thing. Gas prices for sure, but the city just tacked on a new fee or tax, fucking lame. It's insane how much I feel screwed, the cab companies are about to raise our lease fees too.
28th December 2007 06:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm definitely making less. Higher gas prices, higher fees all around, and people either being cheap or just feeling the pinch too. I'm not exaclty sure, I would say easily $50.00 less a week for me, which breaks down to $2,600 a year. Im' being generous with my estimate too, last week, although a typically slow weekend was $100.00 off my avg. I would agree, self employeed are feeling a major hit in the wallet.I'll know for sure by April or May if this is permanent or just a temp. thing. Gas prices for sure, but the city just tacked on a new fee or tax, fucking lame. It's insane how much I feel screwed, the cab companies are about to raise our lease fees too.

So let's break this down.

Gas prices are costing you? I hear ya pdog!

Then why won't the Dems allow us to drill in our own back yard? Why have Dems stopped any, and all plans for new refineries? A new refinery has not been built in over thirty years! Why? Yep. You guessed it! Democrats have rejected it everytime it has been brought before congress. Let's not even talk about the 100's of millions of barrels that are sitting in ANWAR and the Gulf of Mexico just waiting to be tapped!

Then you mentioned fees and taxes, right?

Well, let's see, you live in San Francisco. So I know you, like myself in New Jersey, are dealing with tax whore liberal Dems that want every last cent that they can get out of you for the "greater good", right? Cab companies are raising their own fees just to keep up with the state taxes. Crazy, huh?

So I think the problems are rather self evident. Right?

Riffy
28th December 2007 06:54 PM
glencar Nah, it's all Bush's fault! Keep counting down...
28th December 2007 07:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

So let's break this down.

Gas prices are costing you? I hear ya pdog!

Then why won't the Dems allow us to drill in our own back yard? Why have Dems stopped any, and all plans for new refineries? A new refinery has not been built in over thirty years! Why? Yep. You guessed it! Democrats have rejected it everytime it has been brought before congress. Let's not even talk about the 100's of millions of barrels that are sitting in ANWAR and the Gulf of Mexico just waiting to be tapped!

Then you mentioned fees and taxes, right?

Well, let's see, you live in San Francisco. So I know you, like myself in New Jersey, are dealing with tax whore liberal Dems that want every last cent that they can get out of you for the "greater good", right? Cab companies are raising their own fees just to keep up with the state taxes. Crazy, huh?

So I think the problems are rather self evident. Right?

Riffy

I am happy with the job the governor has done here. Talk about exceeding expectations. That's a side note, but he has tried, and done a good job at spending. He cares about fiscal responsibilty and healthcare and education, not an easy thing to do.
Back to me!!!
Gas prices equal greed, more than anything else. Just like the housing market bubble and burst, fuel is also run on greed. And back to my industry. I wish i could blame this on a dem or rep. unfortunately to get there, I need to get past the obvious, street level local problem. It is a cash industry and greed and corruption abound, big time. The owners have bought and sold the board of supervisors and the taxi commision is just an arm of the police dept. and it is either corrupt to the core or just people who don't give a fuck. If they did, they would do something about out of town taxis trolling SF or limo drivers bribing hotel doormen, who then over charge unknowing tourist for rides. At least in theory a Democrat will create something, whetner it works or not, with the money they take. In my case, it's just a grab, nothing else.
I don't know how anyone can stay in Jersey with the taxes there. At least here, you have prop 13 to protect aging and retireing homeowners from insane property taxes.you do have lower gas prices, but you can't pump your own... It always seems to take forever to get gas there. Which time wise, costs some of us money!!!
28th December 2007 07:18 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

you do have lower gas prices, but you can't pump your own... It always seems to take forever to get gas there. Which time wise, costs some of us money!!!

WTF?...they don't have self-service in Jersey?...that's some serious mafia stuff there...I watched the Sopranos...Are you allowed to choose between the variety of jeans offered by Levis or are you forced to wear the button fly?

28th December 2007 07:22 PM
Fiji Joe That give me a great idea for a movie...follow a New Jersey family on a cross country auto trip and film them struggling to try and operate the many different varieties of gas pumps....starring Chevy Chase
28th December 2007 07:52 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

What an asinine non-starter of a comment. You seem very much for the war in Afghanistan. Have you enlisted yet?

And anyone who pays even a teeny bit attention to the Iraq issue should know we went to war there to prevent ANOTHER 9/11, not to bring them to justice FOR 9/11.

Yep, that's it, we had to hit Iraq to prevent another 9/11. After all, that's where most of the 9/11 hijackers came from . . . no, wait, that was Saudi Arabia. Well, we couldn't just stand by and let Saddam supply terrorists with weapons of mass destruction . . . er, no WMDs? Lemme see, oh, oh, I know, it was the close alliance between Saddam and Osama . . . huh, you say Osama and his religious fanatics hated secularist Saddam, and the feeling was mutual? Ah jeez, I'm gettin' a headache tryin' to come up with a coherent rationale to support the "prevent another 9/11" argument.

Let's try an explanation that bears some relationship to the real world. I can explain the Iraq invasion in one word of one syllable and three letters:

OIL ("Operation Iraqi Liberation")
28th December 2007 08:00 PM
pdog Feej... it is the perfect example of how people are kept ignorant by fear. Until you see someone who has spent years having there gas pumped for themselves, try to do it themselves, you have no idea how ignorant the masses can be... then there's the rebels, who do it themselves. I remember a guy freaking out on my dad as a kid as he put the nozzle in, and started the pump. My Dad hasd to reassure the pimple faced grease monkey it was okay. I've spent 20 to 30 minutes getting gas in Jersey. And I'm taking about a place with like 4 or 5 cars getting gas.... Don't get me started on 4 way stop signs!
28th December 2007 08:10 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
WTF?...they don't have self-service in Jersey?

Nope.
Jersey and Oregon.

Gave the pump jockey my SpeedPass this AM and told him twenty bucks.
Coupla minutes later he hands me the receipt - $38.41
WTF?!!?
"Uh, you can only do fill ups with SpeedPass."

Right. I must've missed that memo...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)