ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Kinks to reform with original line-up! Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th December 2007 04:57 AM
thejuf Kinks set to reform
By Mark Jefferies 26/12/2007

Sixties stars The Kinks are on the verge of reforming with their original line-up.

Lead singer and guitarist Ray Davies, 63, says a full reunion is on the cards next year for the first time in almost 40 years.

The band, whose hits include You Really Got Me and Waterloo Sunset, consisted of Ray, brother Dave on guitar, Mick Avory on drums and Pete Quaife on bass.

But Pete left in 1969 and they then continued with changing line-ups until 1996.
Dave had a stroke in 2004 and Pete has kidney problems - but Ray says both are keen to get back together.

He said: "I spoke to Quaife about a month ago and he dearly wants to make another record with me.

"I think Dave's getting better and Mick's still playing. It would be great to get back together just to see what musical ideas we had and what would happen." Ray, now a solo artist, told Record Collector he missed being part of a band. He added: "You miss the interactive stuff. You get it to a degree with other musicians but probably not with the same passion."

Any reunion is likely to coincide with next year's release of a Kinks CD box set called Retrospective.

source: [www.mirror.co.uk]
26th December 2007 11:38 AM
steel driving hammer Kinks Rule you Bastard!!

Well I'm not the worlds most masculine man,

But I know what I am in a bed I'm a man and so is Lola...

26th December 2007 12:17 PM
Martha I LOVE Ray and the Kinks. This would be such a gas....hope it comes to pass! I'll be there!!!!

xxoo,
Martha
26th December 2007 12:18 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:
Oh , Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji ) ... YOU BAD !!!!

26th December 2007 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Baby Steel Magnolia ?!

26th December 2007 12:44 PM
Blowey
quote:
thejuf wrote:
Kinks set to reform

Sixties stars The Kinks are on the verge of reforming with their original line-up.

Lead singer and guitarist Ray Davies, 63, says a full reunion is on the cards next year for the first time in almost 40 years.

The band, whose hits include You Really Got Me and Waterloo Sunset, consisted of Ray, brother Dave on guitar, Mick Avory on drums and Pete Quaife on bass.

But Pete left in 1969 and they then continued with changing line-ups until 1996.
Dave had a stroke in 2004 and Pete has kidney problems - but Ray says both are keen to get back together.

He said: "I spoke to Quaife about a month ago and he dearly wants to make another record with me.

"I think Dave's getting better and Mick's still playing. It would be great to get back together just to see what musical ideas we had and what would happen." Ray, now a solo artist, told Record Collector he missed being part of a band. He added: "You miss the interactive stuff. You get it to a degree with other musicians but probably not with the same passion."

Any reunion is likely to coincide with next year's release of a Kinks CD box set called Retrospective.

YES!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!
26th December 2007 12:46 PM
GayB blowey!

can we ever stop the sucking?
26th December 2007 12:52 PM
Blowey
quote:
GayB wrote:
blowey!

You make Blowey laugh and shit baby gerbils like a paintball gun!
26th December 2007 02:17 PM
voodoopug This would be worse than a LZ reunion tour....The Kinks???? Where are they going to play, local high schools? This reunion crap these days has gotten way out of hand. Anyone who is pleased with the reformation of The Kinks must not be much of a Stones fan....The fucking Kinks????

I can't wait to see the excitement when the Dave Clark 5 get back together.....give me a break.
26th December 2007 02:31 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
This would be worse than a LZ reunion tour....The Kinks???? Where are they going to play, local high schools? This reunion crap these days has gotten way out of hand. Anyone who is pleased with the reformation of The Kinks must not be much of a Stones fan....The fucking Kinks????

I can't wait to see the excitement when the Dave Clark 5 get back together.....give me a break.

Your lack of education and culture has never been so obvious.
26th December 2007 02:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Give me a break....The Kinks....They might as well be grouped with one of those 4 show acts featuring "The Turtles" that tour small state colleges these days. Whilst they were a good band and recorded a few very good songs, there is zero demand for this reunion financially, with the exception of a small European club tour. True Stones fans will avoid this reunion.
26th December 2007 02:50 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Give me a break....The Kinks....They might as well be grouped with one of those 4 show acts featuring "The Turtles" that tour small state colleges these days. Whilst they were a good band and recorded a few very good songs, there is zero demand for this reunion financially, with the exception of a small European club tour. True Stones fans will avoid this reunion.

Your definition of what a true Stones fan is will probably avoid any show that doesn't guarantee fireworks and a jumbotron.

And no one cites the Turtles as an influence. I would say the Kinks are about as influential as the Stones, they just never had the same sort of marketing abilities.

Dude, have you ever even heard any Kinks songs?
26th December 2007 02:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

It's people like Voodoopug who make me grateful I'm not musically retarded.

It is simple, either you don't like The Kinks and then you wouldn't post in this thread.
or...
You don't know anything about the bands history, in which case, you shouldn't post here.
or...
you're an attention deprived moron and want people to think you're smart, so you post negative comments to compensate for the reality you have no fucking clue!

anyway...

I'm thrilled, I love this band. Saw Ray a few years ago and was a regular Kinks concert go'er in the early 80's.
26th December 2007 02:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

Your definition of what a true Stones fan is will probably avoid any show that doesn't guarantee fireworks and a jumbotron.

And no one cites the Turtles as an influence. I would say the Kinks are about as influential as the Stones, they just never had the same sort of marketing abilities.

Dude, have you ever even heard any Kinks songs?

He probably knows nothing of the incident that kept them from playing in the USA and asured they wouldn'yt be as big as their counterarts like the who, stones and zep... then again, this idiot gets his news from the e channel.
26th December 2007 02:57 PM
Dan I regret missing The Kinks House Of Blues 1995 shows because I still wasn't used to $50 tickets. Saw Dave Davies first ever solo show in 1997 which was great.
26th December 2007 03:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's people like Voodoopug who make me grateful I'm not musically retarded.

It is simple, either you don't like The Kinks and then you wouldn't post in this thread.
or...
You don't know anything about the bands history, in which case, you shouldn't post here.
or...
you're an attention deprived moron and want people to think you're smart, so you post negative comments to compensate for the reality you have no fucking clue!

anyway...

I'm thrilled, I love this band. Saw Ray a few years ago and was a regular Kinks concert go'er in the early 80's.

Happy Holidays Pdog...I hope the little one is feeling better?
26th December 2007 03:17 PM
Starbuck seriously pug...

the boys and i scraped together the loose change we were going to spend on cigarettes and this month's copy of "hustler" and bought this for you:

what kind of an asshat would malign the kinks? one of the great ones, that's for sure...

here's hoping your posting abilities improve in the next year!

26th December 2007 03:17 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Happy Holidays Pdog...I hope the little one is feeling better?

Same to you Voodoo, and everyone is healthy, for the moment. As soon as school starts up again, all bets are off. This was a banner year at my house,

26th December 2007 03:19 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
seriously pug...

the boys and i scraped together the loose change we were going to spend on cigarettes and this month's copy of "hustler" and bought this for you:

what kind of an asshat would malign the kinks? one of the great ones, that's for sure...

here's hoping your posting abilities improve in the next year!

OOOOOOOoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. snap!

Photobucket
26th December 2007 03:30 PM
Some Guy I always liked that superman song.
26th December 2007 04:12 PM
GayB "I always liked that superman song."

no, you're thinking of the crash test dummies.

26th December 2007 04:15 PM
Some Guy
quote:
GayB wrote:
"I always liked that superman song."

no, you're thinking of the crash test dummies.

I thought it was jb for a minute.

26th December 2007 04:32 PM
BONOISLOVE And I thought this was poopooslug.

quote:
voodoopug wrote:
This would be worse than a LZ reunion tour....The Kinks???? Where are they going to play, local high schools? This reunion crap these days has gotten way out of hand. Anyone who is pleased with the reformation of The Kinks must not be much of a Stones fan....The fucking Kinks????

26th December 2007 05:05 PM
poopooslug
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
And I thought this was poopooslug.

Thank you. I will eat a extra big slice of pie, with melted cheese and two scoops of ice cream on top, in your honor.
26th December 2007 05:10 PM
Water Dragon This is Dave's response on his "official message board" He sounds sorry to disappoint the intelligent amongst us:

"Hey Frank,

I wrote a song called Where pigs fly ' Ray wrote 10 songs out of it....one of them was Hatred, one was LOLA and the other eight were You Really Got Me.

Ray has been doing Karaoke Kinks shows since 1996. "Phobia...what you got..." What is he talking about. I wouldn't mind or rather consider doing some shows with Ray purely in respect for the Great body of work we have both been fortunate to have been involved in over the years. And for the fans of course. And the money don't forget the money Reg, remember what it used to be like before the money, Reg. But to sit in a room or studio with him and have my brain and heart slowly sucked out ... no friggin thank you. Got the t-shirt, overcoat, bruises, psychiastrist, worts, scars, lumbago and somnambulistic gaze to proove it.....Muse indeed. Source, inspiration and creative and emotional supply maybe.....(not to mention psychic dustbin). oh forgive me, I muse! Ha Ha! (in flippant upperclass accent)...It would be like a poor remake of 'Night of the Livin Dead'..... There is nothing wrong with the old songs or new songs that we have both been writing on our own; but not more torture Please. no more Hannabal lectur.aah! The swan song Ray and Dave tour should be called the Kinks are 'The Fractured Mindz preservation Society'.
'Preserve in Peace.'

Ah bless me, I muse myself...There's no hit like an old hit! or is it? no fool like an......oh whatever? or is it?. To pout or not to pout. That is the question. Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the sulks and abuse of outrageous performers..err.......no no no gettin mixed up here...

I a'muse' . I adore.
Love
Dave

bs.
jest a little piece of flesh oh! oh! I mean fun.....Fun fun fun for all of you muses out there!!!.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.....Oscar Wilde"

Last edited by dave davies (2007-11-17 11:16:14)
26th December 2007 05:49 PM
gypsy
quote:
GayB wrote:
blowey!

Apparently not.

Which hobby sucks the most - putting gerbils up your ass or collecting steins?
26th December 2007 06:53 PM
mrhipfl one for the road is a great DVD!
26th December 2007 08:06 PM
Sioux Love the Kinks. Ray Davies is another near genius... I
don't think liking the Kinks {or Who or Animals or Petty
or Dylan, yada yada} makes one any less of a Stone's fan
at all.
26th December 2007 08:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Love the Kinks. Ray Davies is another near genius... I
don't think liking the Kinks {or Who or Animals or Petty
or Dylan, yada yada} makes one any less of a Stone's fan
at all.

Sioux, let's be clear... These guys who say we aren't Stones fans, are basically saying they don't like rock and roll. I don't like a show like American Idol, even though millions do, does this mean I don't like TV? Does it mean most people enjoy watching crap float? Anyway, my point is this. if you don't like a band fine, if you don't like rock and roll, and only like The Stones, then you're only posturing and primping, and have no clue to what is really the heart of the matter. Sex and drugs... Getting fucked and fucked up, that's rock and roll. To be honest, I'm pretty much sickened that people like you and I are forced to deal with these rock and roll hating morons.
26th December 2007 09:29 PM
Glimmer Twin
quote:
thejuf wrote:
Kinks set to reform

I hope this turns out well. I think the Kinks were one of the all time best!
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)