ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latest Led Zeppelin Rumor Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th December 2007 08:31 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Dan wrote:
Regurgitating people's ancient memories back to them is not fresh blood!

It is when nothing is happening in Rock 'N' Roll, you can say the same things about the Stones!! how did you say it, Regurgitating people's ancient memories?
27th December 2007 08:40 PM
Dan
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

It is when nothing is happening in Rock 'N' Roll, you can say the same things about the Stones!! how did you say it, Regurgitating people's ancient memories?

Plenty happening, pity you can't see it, or won't see it.

Still not fresh, not by a long shot.
27th December 2007 08:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

'Coda' isnt an 'album'...its a collection of leftovers.

Speaking of a ' collection of leftovers ' ........ ! :

|
|
V

******** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION ! **********
27th December 2007 11:52 PM
robpop IMO their whole catalog is a collection of leftovers that should have been discarded.
28th December 2007 04:38 AM
MRD8 Rob,
Why don't you go back to the football thread...you don't know SHIT about music!
28th December 2007 09:27 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Kinda like Tattoo You?........
28th December 2007 12:21 PM
nanatod
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Absolutely correct, but because the songs on it aren't played once a day on classic rock radio, the leftovers actually sound fresher than hearing anything from Zoso or LZ V again. I don't ever need to hear "Going to California" or "Black Dog" ever again.
28th December 2007 12:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Kinda like Tattoo You?........

No - because the Stones did some fresh work for Tattoo You and it has some cohesion about it.

Zep had already broken up two years before 'Coda' came out. It's probably a contractual obligation album, I would have thought.

If you're going to compare it a Stones release, 'Metamorphosis' would probably be more accurate.
28th December 2007 06:16 PM
Mr.D
quote:
Martha wrote:
Uncle Visa will have to pony up if this comes to pass. I am seeing at least 4 shows.....I'm a Page fanatic.

Ewh, page? page sucked post-zeppelin, i'll tell ya who's good, robert plant, that recent album isnt stupendous, but its pretty good, and mighty rearranger that was brilliant, loved that, he's a cool guy, brilliant live

28th December 2007 06:58 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

Ewh, page? page sucked post-zeppelin, i'll tell ya who's good, robert plant, that recent album isnt stupendous, but its pretty good, and mighty rearranger that was brilliant, loved that, he's a cool guy, brilliant live

After the Stones , it was the Yardbirds for me, Page was the last guitarist left over from the band, he was already a studio musician for years, then he got John Paul Jones, another studio musician (He arranged "She's A Rainbow") then of course the rest of the band, but Page didn't suck at all!! when the 1st L.Z. album came out, I was trying to figure out all his guitar parts, he was amazing! & that was 1969, I'm a big fan of Led Zeppelin.
28th December 2007 07:44 PM
Martha
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

I love Robert as well. His new band is incredible. :-)
29th December 2007 12:11 AM
mojoman
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

dreamland was great listen also. walking into clarksdale is underwhelming but a good disc too bad jones wasnt involved. sadly page hasnt exactly been inspired in thirty years to lay it down. a great guitarist of course one of the best but without the full company it's not the same. certainly some darker forces must have been involved
29th December 2007 05:08 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

dreamland was great listen also. walking into clarksdale is underwhelming but a good disc too bad jones wasnt involved. sadly page hasnt exactly been inspired in thirty years to lay it down. a great guitarist of course one of the best but without the full company it's not the same. certainly some darker forces must have been involved

Mojo ...............................

The Emperor is quite impressed with your postings and feels you would be a great ' asset ' to the cause .
29th December 2007 09:22 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

Mojo ...............................

The Emperor is quite impressed with your postings and feels you would be a great ' asset ' to the cause .

Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence...
30th December 2007 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence...

1st January 2008 03:22 AM
east_river_trucker The waist lines may have expanded, but at least The Hair Remains The Same.

What are old rockers to do? The fans beg for reunions, the rockers love to perform, and the shows pay off in the millions. But God, artisticly it sucks like the Hoover Dam. Exhibits A, B, and C: A bloated Povaratti croking out opera arias in football stadiums. The 60 yr old Stones jumping around on stage in black stretch pants and belly shirts. The once mighty Led Zep incontinent and wearing grandma jeans to cop with the beer bellies. But the hair? It looks pretty good.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)