ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Latest Led Zeppelin Rumor Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th December 2007 01:28 PM
MRD8
Latest Rumor: Zep To Headline Glastonbury Festival; 18 Month World Tour Being Planned
According to Monstersandcritics.com, LED ZEPPELIN are to headline next year's Glastonbury Festival.

The legendary rock group - who played a sensational comeback concert at London's O2 arena earlier this month - will take to the stage for the world-famous musical extravaganza, in Somerset, England, before embarking on an 18-month world tour.

A source close to the band - Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, who has replaced his late father John Bonham - said: "It will kick off at next year's Glastonbury after Robert has finished touring with American country star Alison Krauss."

Led Zeppelin first inspired Michael Eavis to organise the Glastonbury Festival after he saw the band perform an open air concert in 1970. It has also been reported the rockers plan to return to New York's Madison Square Garden - where they played three historic sell-out concerts in 1973 - as part of the globetrotting tour. Although the group has previously hinted at playing further shows together, there has still been no official announcement.

Earlier this month, frontman Plant said: "It wouldn't be such a bad idea for Led Zeppelin to play together from time to time."

Guitarist Page has previously stated: "It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

Glastonberry isn't held again till 2009, is it?
24th December 2007 01:38 PM
Gazza Nope, there's a 2008 festival - 27-29 June to be precise (there was no festival in 2006)

I read the same rumour in the Daily Express a few days ago. The source was a musician friend close to the band who was at the 02 gig. Plant obviously was the hardest to coax into doing this, but it seemed he was reasonably pleased with how the London show went. As stated above, he has pre-arranged touring commitments with Alison Krauss prior to June though.
[Edited by Gazza]
24th December 2007 01:43 PM
MRD8 I think as of right now the last announced date with Alison Krauss is on May 22nd, isn't it? A month of rehearsals then hit the road? I can't wait till Third Eye Productions reunion DVD comes out in a couple of weeks...supposedly filmed with an HD cam its said to look/sound close to a proshot!
24th December 2007 10:10 PM
mojoman
quote:
MRD8 wrote:

Latest Rumor: Zep To Headline Glastonbury Festival; 18 Month World Tour Being Planned
According to Monstersandcritics.com, LED ZEPPELIN are to headline next year's Glastonbury Festival.

The legendary rock group - who played a sensational comeback concert at London's O2 arena earlier this month - will take to the stage for the world-famous musical extravaganza, in Somerset, England, before embarking on an 18-month world tour.

A source close to the band - Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham, who has replaced his late father John Bonham - said: "It will kick off at next year's Glastonbury after Robert has finished touring with American country star Alison Krauss."

Led Zeppelin first inspired Michael Eavis to organise the Glastonbury Festival after he saw the band perform an open air concert in 1970. It has also been reported the rockers plan to return to New York's Madison Square Garden - where they played three historic sell-out concerts in 1973 - as part of the globetrotting tour. Although the group has previously hinted at playing further shows together, there has still been no official announcement.

Earlier this month, frontman Plant said: "It wouldn't be such a bad idea for Led Zeppelin to play together from time to time."

Guitarist Page has previously stated: "It's a bit selfish to do just one show. If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle."

Glastonberry isn't held again till 2009, is it?

what a great christmas present this is!!!
25th December 2007 12:00 AM
LoveinVainRonnie LOL to those that paid up the nose, because they thought it would be the last time ever...Don't people know those oldies can't give it up, especially if money is to be made.
25th December 2007 10:46 AM
Joey
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I can't wait till Third Eye Productions reunion DVD comes out in a couple of weeks...supposedly filmed with an HD cam its said to look/sound close to a proshot!

MRD8 .............................

You have a PM

'kins
25th December 2007 11:56 AM
Martha MERRY XMAS TO ME!!!!! I am PRAYING hard for this 18 month rumor to turn into REALITY!!!!! MRD8 you must be SANTA!

xxoo,
Martha!!!!!!!
25th December 2007 12:07 PM
fireontheplatter i could see them doing a few select shows around the usa. but as far as doing it night after night....i don't think so.

i would like to see a show, but i ain't paying up the ying yang for it.

get down jimmy
25th December 2007 12:52 PM
Martha Uncle Visa will have to pony up if this comes to pass. I am seeing at least 4 shows.....I'm a Page fanatic.

xxoo,
MM
25th December 2007 05:19 PM
Factory Girl Oh Lord, I agree with my dear friend Martha!

I worship at the altar of Jimmy Page...

When are the AMAZING (???!!!) shows in US???
25th December 2007 07:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
When are the AMAZING (???!!!) shows in US???

I hear that Page & Company will be performing at the QWEST CENTER in 2008 / 2009 .

I hear things ..........................

Some Things .......................

...and I remain , your Joey !!!!

'kins
25th December 2007 10:53 PM
Dan We popped in the O2 disc at my friend's house. He made probably the same face I did when Robert Plant choked out the first notes of "Good Times Bad Times." I knew I wasn't imagining things.
25th December 2007 10:54 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

I hear that Page & Company will be performing at the QWEST CENTER in 2008 / 2009 .

Isn't that what you said about The Police?
26th December 2007 03:49 AM
corgi37 So factor in a LZ tour and a upcoming U2 tour and all of a sudden there's no money or reason to see the Stones play maybe 1-2 different songs.
26th December 2007 12:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Isn't that what you said about The Police?

*** ? ****

www.thepolicetour.com

'kins , Est. 1999 --- and loved by everybody

26th December 2007 12:08 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
So factor in a LZ tour and a upcoming U2 tour and all of a sudden there's no money or reason to see the Stones play maybe 1-2 different songs.

Christ , that is miracle on ICE postin'

26th December 2007 12:11 PM
steel driving hammer Anyone have the Zep setlists as of late?

Are they even touring?
26th December 2007 12:18 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Anyone have the Zep setlists as of late?

Are they even touring?

Babe .. ?!

MUFFIN ............ ?!

26th December 2007 12:46 PM
Blowey
quote:
Joey wrote:

Babe .. ?!

MUFFIN ............ ?!

Stuffin'?

Are we "stuffin'" yet?

Developing.........................

Weedy Blow!
26th December 2007 01:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Anyone have the Zep setlists as of late?

Are they even touring?

Dude, where have you been? They did a 1 off benefit show and Tribute To Ahmet Urtegen at the O2 Arena in London Dec 10 2007 with Bill Wyman opening. It led to lots of speculation they would tour, which was followed by a Robert Plant/Allison Krauss tour announcement which resulted in lots of howling and derision directed at Robert Plant for daring to stay creative when he can just keep flogging 35 year old played out songs to old yuppies and stoners with newly extended credit limits.

This was the setlist

1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Ramble On
3. Black Dog
4. In My Time Of Dying
5. For Your Life
6. Trampled Under Foot
7. Nobody’s Fault But Mine
8. No Quarter
9. Since I’ve Been Loving You

Disc 2:

1. Dazed And Confused
2. Stairway To Heaven
3. The Song Remains The Same
4. Misty Mountain Hop
5. Kashmir
6. Whole Lotta Love
7. Rock And Roll
26th December 2007 01:29 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Dan wrote:
Dude, where have you been?

Little here, little there, just glad to be anywhere.

Thanks though.

Have Zep forgot about Coda? Great album!
26th December 2007 03:49 PM
steel driving hammer They're not playing - " In The Light " ?

Because everybody need the light...

26th December 2007 03:54 PM
Dan
quote:
They're not playing - " In The Light " ?

Because everybody need the light...

I don't think Robert Plant could sing that today. Just like he couldn't sing about half the songs in the set.
26th December 2007 11:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
Dan wrote:

which resulted in lots of howling and derision directed at Robert Plant for daring to stay creative when he can just keep flogging 35 year old played out songs to old yuppies and stoners with newly extended credit limits.

thats postin!!!
27th December 2007 11:50 AM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

thats postin!!!

mojo .........................

You are indeed ' The Chosen One ' !

Soon , you shall take over ....

'KINS !
27th December 2007 12:01 PM
Blowey Ooops ... I am still pooping out last evening's DNA

Gotta go ............... literally :

********* END TRANSMISSION *************
27th December 2007 07:11 PM
guitarman53 I hope Led Zeppelin goes out on tour again, their last concert was great! it's just a matter of Plant doing his tour, & then the real action starts, even though he's singing a key lower, they are still fantastic!! they are one of the greatest rock bands of the 70's, & if every other band is doing it, well, why not them.
As for all the fuckers who knock them!!! go to fucking Hell!!!! they are one fantastic band, I even like Dread Zeppelin, & their not that great, that's how much I love Zeppelin.
We need Led Zep to put some fresh blood back in Rock "n" roll, the Stones ain't doing it!
27th December 2007 07:13 PM
Dan Regurgitating people's ancient memories back to them is not fresh blood!
27th December 2007 07:33 PM
Gazza
quote:

Little here, little there, just glad to be anywhere.

Thanks though.

Have Zep forgot about Coda? Great album!

'Coda' isnt an 'album'...its a collection of leftovers.
27th December 2007 07:41 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

'Coda' isnt an 'album'...its a collection of leftovers.

I admire you taking the time and being nice pointing that out. i actually felt bad for him after I read his post.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)