ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
Đ 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Studio Boots?? Return to archive
01-03-04 02:49 PM
DG81 I've managed to get hold of the Voodoo Brew box set and was totally blown-away by the sound quality on this release. Being a new collector, I was wandering what Studio boots are the ones to seek out. Of the few I have, the sound on 'It's Only Rock N Roll Out-takes', 'Get A Line On You - Exile Out-takes' and 'It's Only rock N Roll By The Balls' is pretty good. On the other hand, two cdrs I was sent containing out-takes from the Paris Marconi sessions are in very poor sound with incorrect speed.

So in your opinions, what are the best Studio boots sound wise??

01-03-04 03:51 PM
J.J.Flash With no doubt, "Satanic Sessions". Remembering that there's available 4 vol. and almost 4 discs for each volume.
Also, you should try to get Black Box (4 discs).
01-03-04 03:54 PM
marko Well,just to help you,i must mention,that Sir Stonesalot,and
i did,a PERFECT collection of outtakes&unreleased stuff.
7cdīs alltogether.It was called,Sympathy for the vaults.
About a few months ago i did,part for it,rest of the vaults,
thats 3cdīs.If you get all 10,you donīt need anything else.
This way,also,you donīt have to collect them ALL!
01-03-04 04:03 PM
mac_daddy all of the mickboys are essential, too...
01-03-04 04:13 PM
glencar I like the DW outtakes.
01-03-04 04:20 PM
DG81 What are the Dirty Work Out-takes like??
01-03-04 04:31 PM
glencar They had some soul guys doing backing vocals. My favorite is "Strictly Memphis" which I wish had been put on the album or put on a b-side.
01-04-04 02:44 AM
marko Get sympathy for the vaults,thats all you need,,,,,
01-04-04 06:47 AM
J.J.Flash Marko, could you please show me the whole track list of "Sympathy for the Vaults" and if possible, some info from where these tracks were caught? Thank you!

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
01-04-04 09:11 AM
SirMuddy Lot of good stuff in that thread!
Hi JJFlash.... wish you all best...
Jah bless...

Best Studio Boot,

Lonely at the top from Swingin' Pig...

Living is a harder love-Drift away-Sweet home chicago-Dancing girls-Munich reggae-Lonely at the top-Munich Hilton-What's the matter-Gangster's Maul-Hang Fire-We had it all-Let's go steady...

Copied many times, I think it's the main source for many of those tracks... It could have be done instead of Sucking in the seventies... Anyway... it's one of my best choice for Studio boots...

Bright light big city + Trident (Demo, Mixes or session)
are also excellent choice!

Jah bless yallllll!
Jean
01-04-04 09:32 AM
Moonisup that's indeed a great boot! I have the Dandelion version (no. 40) great bootleg, great quality! Gangersters maul is a great song, they should rerecord that one!

rik
01-04-04 10:12 AM
marko Hey JJF Flash,,,,,i think the set list might in the archives
,IF NOT,i will list them here.I seeded it about 10months ago?And that was possibly 3rd round for it!