ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Looks Hopeful................!!!!!! Return to archive
01-02-04 07:47 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i just went to rs.com into the "archives" section and i found that their timelines go 2010. someone must be feeling like recording/touring/etc.
01-03-04 03:18 AM
marko If its so,thats 6years ahead,not too far ahead.That means
just one more tour.and an album.
01-03-04 08:19 AM
glencar Or maybe just 3 new songs!
01-03-04 10:31 AM
SHINE A LIGHT the voice of doom again!!! i think one new studio album then two tours, both on a smaller scale this time round!!!
01-03-04 11:34 AM
marko They MUST be smaller tours....can it get any bigger than
tours 89 to 99 were?
01-03-04 11:45 AM
SHINE A LIGHT well said....and how much more will we/they put up with regarding these "oversized" stadium shows???
01-03-04 11:57 AM
mickmask On the 4 Flicks DVD they where all asked what they would do in the upcoming year. The feeling I got was that they would continue to play until they drop. Sounds like they will do concerts but on a smaller scale than the 40 Licks tour. But the good thing is they will keep on a rockin!!
01-03-04 02:40 PM
Boomy There will never be a new album from the Stones.

There will be huge tours, and next time the ticket prices will double, maybe even triple, meaning that only people 35+ will be going to there shows.

More people will be sitting in there seats instead of standing up, and it will be no different than attending an Elton John concert (except that the music will be better).

I think it's ridiculous how the Stones try to act like they are still catering to younger audiences. Fuck that. They most likely put Lizzie's and the Richards' daughters friends in front during those "Four Flicks" discs to make it look like they are still doing it for the kids. I know people at my school and other colleges who can't go to a Stones show because they have to pay rent, tuition, surcharges, etc., instead. And people wonder why some people like Jet, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, etc........

The reason it happens is because of the stupid people that HAVE to go to 20+ shows, forking over the money because they need to "get off". Why the hell do you need to see "Start Me Up" multiple times on a tour? Don't you have some rooms to work on in your house? How about your yard? Don't you need to re-sod it and make it look a little nicer? How about buying some clothes that don't have a tongue on them? Holy shit, $35 for a cheap cotton shirt that has Homer Simpson, Mick, and Keith on it? I know clothes are highly marked up in price, but for that material?

Hell, I can't understand it. I love the Stones, but I can't imagine going into credit card debt to see them.

See ya at ONE show. Later.
[Edited by Boomy]
01-03-04 03:28 PM
LadyJane Lighten up, Boomy!!

LJ.
01-03-04 03:58 PM
glencar I just put "Bitch" on "repeat" & man, does it ever rock!
01-03-04 05:20 PM
SHINE A LIGHT as far as "younger audiences "/ and young people deliberately placed in the front rows.....well, my husband and i are blessed in that we always have front rows ( we call it DFC....."dead f***ing center") and we're not exactly 16 anymore. thank goodness, wouldn't wanna be.
01-03-04 08:19 PM
SHINE A LIGHT very nice, gyp. you win, i'm gone. LJ and i have made peace, long before you got back and added shit to the stew!!!