ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What if? Return to archive
01-02-04 12:22 PM
quackenbush A few weeks ago, someone wondered if Keith opened a show; while that might not be a good idea, I would still like to see it.

But what I'm really interested in is keeping the show moving rather than the start and stop effect of switching from Mick's set to Keith's and back. Here are a few ideas that might be doable:

Mick doesn't leave the stage during Keith's set but sing back up and dance.

Keith sings songs that aren't "Keith songs" (Gimmie Shelter,
Dandelion)

No introductions. No heartfelt sentiments from Keith.

Keith sings fewer ballads, especially at stadiums.
01-02-04 12:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
quackenbush wrote:
A few weeks ago, someone wondered if Keith opened a show; while that might not be a good idea, I would still like to see it.

Yeah, it might be a good show. But who would he open for??? You'd have to be as crazy as the Stones going on after AC/DC to follow KR.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-02-04 12:55 PM
glencar Keith isn't giving up the balladeering any time soon. He seems to love them.
01-02-04 01:01 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith isn't giving up the balladeering any time soon. He seems to love them.

Sad but true. I think the only way you're gonna see Keith fire up any rockers is if the Stones take a break and Keef fires up the Winos or whatever. Otherwise, he's gonna play the ballads in his spot. And as much as Happy, etc. have lost their steam, he might as well.
01-02-04 01:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:

Sad but true. I think the only way you're gonna see Keith fire up any rockers is if the Stones take a break and Keef fires up the Winos or whatever. Otherwise, he's gonna play the ballads in his spot. And as much as Happy, etc. have lost their steam, he might as well.

It wouldn't be a wise idea to count him out yet I think.
01-02-04 01:05 PM
glencar Who counts him out? He does some excellent ballads.
01-02-04 01:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
He does some excellent ballads.

balladsmallard!!!!!! Let's rock!
01-02-04 01:08 PM
glencar That's why we have Mick.
01-04-04 09:41 PM
SHINE A LIGHT keith is perfect doing ballads, he gets right into a woman's heart/soul. keith also is a kick-ass rocker. we have the best of both worlds in mr. keith richards.

and then there's the great reggae, great blues, great hoagy carmichael from keith.....ain't that quite a nice contribution???
01-04-04 10:49 PM
Steel Wheels Keef's playing on the Winos DVD was really inspired.