ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Muscle Shoals Sessions Return to archive
01-02-04 11:37 AM
soundandvision Does anyone have any photos of the band playing during the Muscle Shoals sessions from December 1969?

Thanks
01-02-04 12:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT you can see them working there in the film "gimme shelter".
01-02-04 04:15 PM
Boomy I've never seen "Gimmie Shelter". Please, tell me, what is it exactly about? SOmething to do with war?

Your knowledge is astounding and perplexing. Thanks in advance and have a great evening.
01-02-04 04:35 PM
SHINE A LIGHT yes, it's about the war of the words.......YOU at least spelled "gimmie" correctly, while i did not. i gave the name of the song, not the film!!!!

01-02-04 11:50 PM
corgi37 There was a very interesting article posted on here some time ago (6-8 months?) about the recording process for Brown Sugar. The interview was with one of the owners of the studio. Cool story. They ran on a shoestring budget, and didnt even had enough mikes to for Charlie, so they improvised. I'm sure one of the Trinity can point you to the link. Or, go to google, and type in Muscle shoals brown sugar recording.
01-03-04 05:51 PM
Joey " They ran on a shoestring budget, and didnt even had enough mikes to for Charlie, so they improvised "

I would like to nibble your elbows .

JACKYCAKES !
01-03-04 11:14 PM
corgi37 My elbows are for friends only. Oh, and sorry for some of the shocking grammar in my post. I should proof-read, shouldnt i?