ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie on "Dame Edna Everage" show on BBC-TV - NOW Return to archive
12-30-03 04:09 PM
Gazza BBC1 right now
12-30-03 05:33 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Yep, saw it.
12-30-03 06:32 PM
Martha What happened??????
12-30-03 11:43 PM
glencar That shemale has a show? It's not presently shown on BBC America. Let us know what R said/did.
12-31-03 12:06 AM
sammy davis jr. Was he drunk?
12-31-03 05:27 AM
Hannalee
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Was he drunk?

Nope. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

Was this was filmed before Ozzy fell out with his quad bike?
12-31-03 05:31 AM
FotiniD Can't find any more info, but here's the description of the show from BBC:
--------------------------------------------
This Christmas, the world's favourite housewife megastar, Dame Edna Everage is back in the UK for a star-studded television spectacular. She's joined by a select group of showbiz friends for a night of laughter, music and mayhem.

And it's all coming from Dame Edna's exclusive new London pad - Buckingham Palace. That's right, after her stint at Party In The Palace, Her Majesty the Queen has kindly agreed to sublet some of her apartments to our lavender haired hostess.

Dame Edna is joined by a host of stars including Oscar-winning actor Jeremy Irons, Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood, opera diva Lesley Garrett, Spice Girl Melanie C, and pop icon Lulu.

Expect regal frocks, dazzling jewellery and winged glasses. Plus, the most outrageous chat, sketches and some big surprises.
--------------------------------------------

"World's favourite housewife megastar"??? Who is this woman? I've never heard of her!
12-31-03 06:57 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Martha wrote:
What happened??????

He made a painting of Dame Edna.
12-31-03 09:51 AM
glencar Melanie C is still around? I thought she'd be doing soft core by now.
12-31-03 11:18 AM
riccardo Let me tell you a bit about this.Ronnie was introduced as "the guy that plays banjo in the RS" and often addressed by DE when she was chatting with other guests(including Jerry Hall).He spent the whole hour making a live painting of DE that came out real nice in the end. There were lots of jokes by DE,some especially not so tasty,as when she asked Ron"Now that Johnny Cash has died do you guys plan to reform the Stones?".
anyway a funny show,hilarious at times.
12-31-03 12:13 PM
Martha Thank you for telling me what happened. I can't get this broadcast on my TV.

Sounds like Ronnie had fun.

How did the portrait of DE turn out?

Can someone post it in this thread, perchance?

12-31-03 02:21 PM
riccardo Well the painting was great (almost as big as a person!)and very lookalike.Ron is in fine shape!
12-31-03 08:30 PM
glencar Tree the fucker!!
12-31-03 08:38 PM
Gazza >"World's favourite housewife megastar"??? Who is this woman? I've never heard of her!

Its meant as a joke. Dame Edna is the alter-ego of Australian comedian Barry Humphries.

Very funny show last night, I thought. (S)he asked Mel C the same question that she asked Ronnie about the Spice Girls reforming now that Johnny Cash had died. Jerry Hall (Ronnie's neighbour!) was also a guest and when she came on, Dame Edna shouted to Ronnie "Your ex-wife's here!"

Great fun.
12-31-03 08:51 PM
glencar (S)he had a show here briefly but it petered out quickly.
01-01-04 04:15 AM
fmk438j
I would liked to have seen Sir Les interview Ronnie.
01-01-04 04:08 PM
Gazza Now THAT would have been hilarious. One alcoholic interviewing an ex-alcoholic.

I always thought Sir Les Patterson was a funnier creation than Dame Edna - unfortunately "he" doesnt seem to get let out of the cage in these one off specials!