ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Audioslave Return to archive
12-28-03 11:20 PM
full moon This really jams.. Morello is a great guitarist and Cornell can belt it out.......
12-30-03 02:36 PM
Boomy I like 'em. When I first got the album around when it came out, I didn't listen to the whole thing right away.

But there are some good tunes on that album.

"Getaway Car" is the first time I've heard Tom Morello play blues melodies. It's basically a blues tune except for the chorus.

I can listen to that album straight thru, but maybe I'll skip a couple ("Hynotize" and "Exploder").

Rumor has it that Audioslave is going in to the studio to release an album either later in 2004, or early 2005.
[Edited by Boomy]
12-30-03 03:42 PM
glencar "Like A Stone" is awesome. I broke into it midstream on the radio & had a heart attack. What a way to go!
12-30-03 04:46 PM
J.J.Flash Few short words, few short words.....

"Show me how to live!"

And BTW, I HATE NEW STUFF.....that thing probably is the only thing that really thrilled me these days.....
12-30-03 04:50 PM
J.J.Flash Just making my statement clear, I just listen to classical bands......those new stuff, those new rock style bands OUCH! I hate them....
12-30-03 07:02 PM
Boomy Good for you.

12-31-03 07:56 AM
Factory Girl I don't like Cornell's voice. I find it very ordinary.

12-31-03 08:49 AM
full moon FG, I am surprised at you. Cornell has a great voice.. You go girl..
12-31-03 01:56 PM
Factory Girl I'm sorry, full moonie. I've nothing against the guy, and it seems that all the Seattle bands are very friendly.

That said, Chris's voice does nothing for me.

Hey full moonie, check out Alice In Chains (AIC) instead.
AIC had a f/ing GREAT singer (RIP Layne).
12-31-03 04:42 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Good for you.

My fellow Boomy, could you explain? What's wrong in loving only the classical stuff? When I say classical, I mean bands like Rolling fuckin' Stones, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream/Eric Clapton, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, John Mayall, Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan...
And BTW, I would like to say Boomy, that I appreaciate your POSTS.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]